Hunger Pains...

Discussion in 'Weight Watchers' started by pinky22, 17 January 2008 Social URL.

1. pinky22

pinky22 Full Member

Diet:
    SW
    Has anyone got an tips of how to stop the hunger pains?!

First day today and I thought I was doing well but I've a hungry tum :) I've eaten my lunch (chicken sandwich & banana) and I've nothing left and my thoughts are of all the naughty things like chocolate in the vending machine downstairs that is a big no no!!

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Suzi

Suzi Full Member

Start Weight:
    17st3.0lb
    Current Weight:
    15st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    1st9.5lb(9.75%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Drink loads of water, then drink some more! If nothing else the frequent trips to the loo will keep you occupied.
    You can do this-keep up the good work.
    Suzi :)

4. pinky22

pinky22 Full Member

Diet:
    SW
    lol thanks Suzi, I'm on my 6th glass of water for the day, yes your right the trips will keep me occupied... :)

5. sazzy34

sazzy34 Gold Member

Diet:
    cambridge diet / weight watchers
    :tear_drop::tear_drop: and more water

6. Jools

Jools Gold Member

Start Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Current Weight:
    16st8.0lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Hun if you are at work all day I would take some snacks.

What about some carrot sticks or some fruit?

xx

7. Starlight

Starlight Gold Member

Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    If youre really hungry, have something to eat. I keep a packet of WW cookies at work for just that reason :)

8. Jayne33

Jayne33 Fighting for My Health

Start Weight:
    20st12.4lb
    Current Weight:
    17st7.5lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st4.9lb(16.04%)
    Diet:
    Exante Total Solution Plus
    Definitey have some no point or very low point snacks to hand for desperate times! I find sparkling water is quite good too for staving off hunger pangs. Give it a bit of time and your tum will shrink a bit and you'll be less hungry ;)

Just a thought - are you doing points or core? If core, you may not be eating large enough portions to satisfy your appetite.

Heaps of luck with your weight loss :)

x

9. Marie_D

Marie_D Gold Member

I can of fizzy drink (diet!) such as coke zero is always good for a hungry moment - I always feel quite bloated after a whole can so it takes the edge of that feeling of being hungry.

The suggestions you've already had are all good ones too - you shouldn't be hungry on ww, you should have plenty of points to satisfy your appetite. If the food you're eating is still leaving you hungry then maybe you could experiment with different meal ideas and makes your points stretch a bit further.

Good luck!

10. NikkiH

NikkiH Likes to eat

Start Weight:
    15st6lb
    Current Weight:
    12st11lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st0lb
    Lost(%):
    2st9lb(17.13%)
    Diet:
    was weight watchers but are drifting apart, am having an affair with Lipotrim...
    Hello!!

I agree with having snacks readily available. I found the first few weeks the most difficult and was quite hungry at times!! - I kept a pack of melba toast in my drawer (1pt for 6!!) and munched on them whenever I felt hungry - basically to prevent me feeling so hungry that Id fall off the wagon and eat the wrong thing!!!

11. ThinLizzy

ThinLizzy Wants to be a yummy mummy

Start Weight:
    16st4lb
    Current Weight:
    16st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    12st0lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    I agree, keep some low point snacks to hand, drink loads of water and in a few days your stomach will have adapted and you will sail through!! Keep at it, it will be worth it in the end!!

12. dellybelly

dellybelly Silver Member

Start Weight:
    18st13lb
    Current Weight:
    18st13lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    Diet:
    Weightwatchers propoints
    Can't add anything that hasn't already been said pinky, but just wanted to drop in and see how you're doing.

Hope the hunger pains have passed.

13. pinky22

pinky22 Full Member

Diet:
    SW
    thanks everyone...

Yes I'm at work all day so I guess in a way it's handy cause I can't reach for the kitchen cupboard when I'm feeling hungry during the week but then the vending machines downstairs is the down side!!

I've bought in some carrot sticks today to munch if I start to feel hungry again, it's 10am and 3pm that gets me, my little nibble time which I am trying to cut out!! Yesterday I only had a sandwich and banana for lunch so I guess it wasn't enough.

Are melba toasts really 6 = 1 point?! I thought they were 1 point each, I bought some yesterday!

14. paula 36

paula 36 Gold Member

yeah melba toasts are brilliant i used to eat loadsxx

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.