Hunger? Wherefore art thou?

Money-penny

This past few days I've been experiencing an unusual problem.

I know I'm never really meant to feel hungry on Slimming World and never have felt truly hungry on the plan - it's great in that respect and easy to stick to.

I try to only eat when I feel that hunger feeling approaching and only at main mealtimes, breakfast, lunch and dinner.

But for the past few days I've woken up feeling "full" already. Not stuffed full just the "satisfied" feeling - meaning I don't feel like eating breakfast or anything thereafter. For example it's now 13.50 and all I've had to eat is a muller light and a banana which I had to force myself to eat where usually by now I would have had breakfast around 8am, lunch and maybe even a snack and the only reason I had the muller and the banana was because I don't want to go back to my old habits of skipping meals as I don't feel it's healthy.

Is this normal? Where has my hunger mechanism gone to? I obviously don't want to overeat, but at the same time I don't want to undereat and send my body into starvation mode/slow my progress. Confused.com :eek:

Don't force yourself to eat if you aren't hungry but I would advise you to see a doctor as I don't mean to worry you at all but that can be a symptom of some illnesses x

I agree with Scarlett Star, if it carries on for more than a few days a trip to the doctor might be an idea. I find that at certain times of the month my hunger dips though and other times I am ravenous!

You could be coming down with something maybe? I have a cold and a few days before it started my appetite went and I didn't feel hunger at all, was also having to "force" feed myself, really didn't want it but knew I needed it.

I've got exactly the same. I ate a big sw roast last night (working today so no chance for tonight!) then today I just haven't been hungry at all.

Yeah, I lose my appetite from time to time, sometimes I'm just not hungry, and others it's I just can't be bothered, and end up with a Sarnie at 10pm - I don't worry if it's just a few days, as I know I'll be back to feeding up (on plan ) quite soon

My appetite returned today just before dinner, which was good. Hoping it's nothing out of the ordinary but do find a complete lack of hunger over 2-3days a bit disconcerting! It's just not something I'm used to at all, especially when I haven't eaten very much to begin with lol.

I've always found that my hunger levels rise and fall throughout the month. You are wise to nibble on something to avoid starvation mode, glad the appetite is back though. I'm having one of my 'Bloody hell I'm getting HUNGRY' weeks...no doubt next week I'll barely feel hungry at all!

Back