Hungry Beginner in need of Inspiration :-/

Rex88

Hey Guys,

I searched online for some information about Lipotrim and I came across this forum. I've spent most of the day reading your stories and I felt the need to join in as what you're doing is what I can only hope to replicate! Hopefully, this will also keep my fingers occupied and help keep my mind of the hunger! I'm 6ft 1in, 23 years old, 15st 7lbs and yearning to lose weight so I can make the most of my life and have no regrets when I look back. I've tried Lipotrim before and it did work but then I met my partner and things fell to the wayside...he doesn't approve of my new diet but I feel I will be a happier person when I've lost weight and he's agreed to support me. So my first weigh-in is on Thursday and I'm wishing the hours away until then! Are there any other beginners out there? Any advice from pros at how to curb the hunger?

Thanks in advance,
Rex

Hey Rex :)
I started today and feel Ok so far!! I'm peckish but not hungry! Have a bit of a headache but think I'll just have an early night! I haven't done LP before but have done Lighter Life which is pretty much the same (except the price!!) I lost 4 st last time but wasn't as big as I am now :( Gave up smoking 2 yrs ago and the3 weight has slowly piled on since then and now it is def time t lose it! Have 3 children and need to for them-won't even go swimming on holiday with them and am missing out on loads. Wouldn't go on any rides at a theme park incase I was told I was too big! I'm a student nurse due to qualify in Jan and start my final 18 weeks of clinical training tomorrow-thought being busy at work would make it easier to do-we will see!! First shift tomorrow is a 13hr one lets hope the shakes keep me going lol!

Hi there Dottydon!

I've been having headaches but strangely, a cup of coffee or tea (without the additives) seems to stem it! Unfortunately, I'm still smoking and I'm getting worse now that I'm on this diet - anything for a distraction! I know the feeling about swimming; I love it but wouldn't dare don a swimming costume at the minute! Hope we can become comfortable in ourselves soon so we can get on with our lives and you can enjoy that precious time with your children! Good luck with the final placement! It's bound to be tough :-( I finished my teaching practice in June and I have an idea about how difficult nursing must be - have a few friends in the profession. I really hope the food replacements are enough to sustain you while you're working though! Due to summer holidays, I'm not working and find I have little energy. What shakes are you on? Have you tried the flapjacks?

Rex

Hi Dottydon,

I sent a long reply but it has to be approved by the moderator :-S Hope it comes through soon! xo

Hi Rex :)

Welcome to the forum. :) I have my seventh weigh-in on Tuesday and can't wait for it to come around. Wishing you really good luck for yours on Thursday and I hope you have a good week until then!

Hey Guys! Thank you for your support :) Feeling a little better today - really hope I see the benefits on Thursday, I've booked a manicure with my friend for after my weigh-in and I'm not going unless I've lost weight! Hope you're all well!

I was worried the first weigh in i wouldn't loose anything but i ended up loosing 9lbs, then been to the 2nd today and ive lost a further 7lbs, just stick to it, its defo worth it

Well done helenjayne90! I'm going to try my best but I'm finding it tough this evening...hope you're well :)

i'm good thanks :D how you feeling today

Not too bad so far! Going to meet a friend for coffee soon so hopefully it'll take my mind off it! How about yourself? Think I might have that ketosis that everyone's talking about - got a really strange taste in my mouth!

Lol Rex!!
Just logged back on today and got both your replies!! My headache started today-day 4 :( just having a coffee seeing if that will wrk for me!! I have been so so good not even been tempted :) Can't wait for weigh in on fri which is 2 days early so not expecting much but because of my shifts I can't go on monday. My weigh in days are going to be scattered! Feel a bit skinnier already lol! The long shifts these last two days were surprisingly easy with the shakes-didn't have soup as needed something I could "down"!! I think strawberry is my favourite and I don't mind the soup! I haven't tried a flapjack yet everyone says they are horrible but people also say the soup is which I liked! My Pharmacy said they will give me a flapjack to try as an extra so I'll grab that fri! How are you feeling now? Are you hungry? I am not at all!! I was this morning but after my shake and water and a coffee I was fine (although my belly was a little sloshy with liquid!!!)

Donna xx

I thought I'd said something wrong that had to be moderated! lol. Don't know why it didn't go through straight away!

Did the coffee work? Aw I have been tempted soo many times :( I'm still starving but I'm guessing that might be due to the huge amounts of food I was consuming before hand lol. My weigh-in is tomorrow and I can't wait either! I'm just dreading not having lost anything as I cheated a little bit on Friday and Saturday :-/

It's great that you're feeling it already! I keep trying on clothes from the back of my wardrobe to see if they fit any better lol.

I've only been on the soup which I don't mind at all, haven't tried the shakes yet but am going to ask about them tomorrow as some variety might help. I had four of the flapjacks and was really looking forward to having one, thinking they looked and smelled good. My god, did I get a shock! I nearly threw up as it tasted that bad!!! The only thing I could compare them to would be peanut butter on wholemeal toast (part of another diet I tried).

Do you find it's enough fuel to keep you going during work Donna? I'm severely lacking in concentration lol, the slightest thing distracts me!

Kind Regards,
Rex :D xo

I had four of the flapjacks and was really looking forward to having one, thinking they looked and smelled good. My god, did I get a shock! I nearly threw up as it tasted that bad!!! The only thing I could compare them to would be peanut butter on wholemeal toast (part of another diet I tried).

Do you find it's enough fuel to keep you going during work Donna? I'm severely lacking in concentration lol, the slightest thing distracts me!

Kind Regards,
Rex :D xo

I love Wholenut peanut butter on wholemeal toast so those flapjacks sound nice! :kitty: It sounds like your reaction to the flapjacks was luck mine to the soup!

I have trouble concentrating at work but that's normal. And my mobile phone keeps ringing with personal calls.:blahblah:

They may be perfect for you then Moonagedaydream! :D I find the soup tastes different every time I drink it lol, it might just be my mind telling me it does though! I'm not working at the minute but I'm supposed to be prepping for September (starting a new job) and it just isn't happening! How are you getting on with the diet otherwise? Are you ever hungry?

Hey :)
yes the coffee worked lol! Drank some more water to! I am finding evenings better if I have a coffee at 7ish then stick to fizzy water-which feels like a treat lol!! I don't think I am slimmer but feel less bloated which I think drinking diet coke and eating savoury stuff does to me! The shakes are ok! give them a try, I think the strawberry tastes the best but that is because it mixes the best the chocolate and vanilla are a bit more wheaty? tatsing but still ok! I mix them with water from the fridge and if at home put ice cubes in! I also like peanut butter on wholemeal toast so looking forward to the flap jacks!!
I was fine on the first day at work on the shakes yesterday was harder but not because of hunger but 26hrs on your feet in two days is knackering so I think my body was missing the sugar/carb hits I would normally have! My concentration has been OK, was a little jumbled with words here and there but managed to look after my patients OK thank goodness!
I have cheated on every other diet I ahve done-I am just over 18st and only 5ft2 so really need to stick to it, simple everyday tasks were becoming unbearable and feeling my tummy sitting on my legs when sitting down was horrid :( Plus my daughter is 14 and a size 10/12 if I lose weight I can wear her clothes :p Keep going-support helps so have a moan on here!

donna xx

Glad to hear the coffee worked and hopefully you do like the flapjacks - I miss chewing! Wow, 26 hours must be exhausting, I admire you for being able to keep going! Haha, you'd have two lovely wardrobes to choose from lol - don't think my partner would approve of me running about in his clothes so I'll havta stick to my own but it will be lovely WHEN I do lose weight to be able to go into a shop and not be depressed because nothing fits - being over 6ft is hard enough lol. This forum really is helping and it's lovely to have people like yourself in similar circumstances to chat to :D

Hi Rex
It is only my second day today and the hunger is a challenge especially when the smells of food are all around me at home. I had a bit of a headache this afternoon but okay now. My other challenges are the idea of so much water in a day - much more than I am used to. I had always drank squash rather than water. Another issue is that my feet are very cold so I have worm socks much of the day. I phoned a friend who has been on the diet for 9 weeks for inspiration. Hearing about her weight loss of 2.5 stone and her encouraging words lifted my spirit. I also keep reminding myself of why I am doing this - to lose weight, be healthier and wear clothes in a size 12! You have made the fifth day so hang in there - after all they say the first week is the hardest and you are almost there. The weight loss when you weigh in later this week should also keep you going. Yes, like you I spent much of the first day reading all the inspirational entries in this forum. All the best.

JustJ

Thank you JustJ! Good luck with everything! Hope you feel better soon, I haven't felt the cold yet but my flat is full of windows so the sun makes it like a sauna most of the time!
I went for my first weigh in today hoping it would spur me on for another week and apparently I've put on 10kg :-O but then the pharmacist said that their scales were playing up and her other patient's weights were all messed up too...I really hope that was the case because I haven't eaten anything since Friday! Couldn't believe it - was devastated and feel a bit downhearted about it :( hopefully I get a nice surprise next week.

Rex :)

Rex,

Aww, that's so unfair! :( Definitely don't worry about it though, there's no way you've put on 10kg, that's 1st 8lb! I'm sure (if they've sorted out their scales by next week) that you'll have a lovely surprise. Keep going and just think that you'll get to hear a nice big loss of two weeks combined next week. :)

Back