Hungry? Help please!

MimiD1968

I started LT nearly two weeks ago. I have a question, I am still hungry a lot. Is this normal. I was told as soon as I was in ketosis that the hunger would go. I am fine most of the time but from about 4-6pm I am like a mad woman. I have stuck 100% so far, but am having a bad day as don't know how long I can sustain this.... Anyone else's experience would be really gratefully received. Thanks...

Hiya Mimi... It can be quite normal to still feel hungry, it is just that ketosis usually makes the hunger a lot less than it would be normally... A lot of people also have times of the day which are harder than others (mine is evening, when i sit down to watch tv) and that's when people (well, me anyway) feel like they could eat a horse.. A lot of the time this can be "habit" rather than hunger... All i can suggest hun is that you drink more water or do something you wouldn't normally do at that time, like have a bath (not for 2 hrs though or you will end up really wrinkly!! lol), go for a walk, doing your nails.. whatever takes your mind off it... Don't give in.. You are doing really well!!.. To look at it another way, you are coping for about 22 hours a day-that's an achievement!! Don't let the other silly 2hrs win!! lol x x

I was on this for3 months previously and now im back on at Day 5

I have to admit i was hungry for 3 months previously and all 5 days so far...

It does get easier, but think of it like... Your training yourself both body and mind to recognise the proper hunger feeling... so that when your not on Lipotrim, you know when you are really hungry and need to eat and when you are eating for eating! hope you know what i mean...

Good luck, keep strong and know YOU CAN DO THIS !!

xxx

Thanks a mil. Your support is great, am totally committed, and its great to hear from people who are going through the same.... We should all be cannonised!

Mimi, I had the same issue in week 3, I was famished by 4, to overcome it, I have black coffee in the morning and water, then have my "breakfast" at either 9am (after school run) or 10 am if I do a morning workout. Then I drink coffee and water until 1:30/2 ish for my lunch shake - which keeps the hunger at bay until 6 which is when I running around like a headless chicken trying to get my kids ready for bed. Once they're in bed for 7 I get ready for an hour walk, and have my "dinner" after my cool down at around 8:30 / 9.

Found that by making everything a little later I could avoid those mid afternoon and late evening hunger pangs. Another trick is to drink WARM water in the evening (sounds nasty I know), but it fools your stomach into thinking you have had food - something about the warmth as opposed to my normal freezing cold water.

Hope this helps! :)

Last edited:
Good idea, will delay the morning shake as miraculously I am never that hungry in the morning! Thanks a mil xx

I was wondering the same thing although i dont feel like im hungry until i hear my stomach rumbling and that gets me thinking of how hungry i am. I can't possibly drink any more water as i feel like i'm drowning in it so i've started having shalkes later and later which seems to help.x

I usually have a tea or coffee when I feel hungry, its not as plain as water and it still takes the hunger pangs away x

Back