Hungry, hungry, hungry, hungry....

liz0703

Silver Member
As you can see from the title I am ...yep...hungry!!! I am on day 4, went into into ketosis yesterday and had not a bad day- bearable, but today, this afternoon and now I am feeling absolutely starving!!! And I really do mean hungry. I dont think I will cheat, I really dont want to, but if I feel this way for much longer- into tomorrow I dont know how long I will last.

Checked if I was still in ketosis and I am, the wee sticks say so, just incase for some reason I have come out of it and that would explain the sudden bout of hungar, but still in ketosis. Not having any other symptoms though ie energy, breathe and taste etc. Drinking plenty of water, and due to have my last shake in about an hour.

Is this normal?? Will it pass or get worse??:sigh:

Hi Liz, sorry you're feeling like this. Are you sure it is physical hunger and not just in your head or you are not dehydrated? I think I am hungry sometimes but I'm not. It's just that I fancy something different to taste. Please don't take what I've said as patronising cos it really isn't meant to be. A lot of people mistake hunger when really you are dehydrated. If it is hunger have you thought about splitting your shakes in two and having six a day instead of 3? A lot of people find this helps. Hope you sort it soon and don't give up on LT. It will work wonders if you stick to it.

:)This will definetly pass. And you are still in week one. Ketosis or not I had a difficult first week, hungry too. 2nd week is better and week 3 is really good. you know, any diet you go on you will be a bit hungry in the first week. Dont give in!!! LT is one of the best diets ever. Just look at the results of those who have been on it for a few weeks. i lost 2 stone in 6 weeks!!!! I feel fab.... YOU CAN DO IT. DONT GIVE IN. just keep busy, drink a coffee, have some peppermint tea. Take your mind away from your "hunger". It could be all in your mind anyway....

Liz I was exactly the same 1st week and I am now into my 3rd week and feeling great and have lost 16lbs in two weeks
Don't worry keep going and you'll feel better-it's well worth it coz the weight will drop off. :)

I hate minds!!! Im sure its real hungar. The wee sticks I use are proper ones that check everything from work, ketones, bilirubin, protein, sugar, leucocytes, ph balance etc. The ph balance shows how strong (concentrated) your wee is, and how weak it is ie lots of fliud, and mine is weak, so Im sure Im having plenty to drink. My tummy is rumbling as I type!! I really hope tomorrow is a better day! I wish I could sleep too, Im exhausted, but Ive not since the shakes my sleep is not as good as it used to be.

Im not expecting this to be an easy ride at all, its just really hard at the moment, I really hope this passes and I DO NOT cheat!!

My friend at work, she buys me dinner every wed, a butty or a pasta or a quiche from Martins (love that butty shop!) She bought a gorgeous chicken pasta today (she thought I could eat at night- I wish!!) anyway, it has palyed on my mind all day knowing it was there, but I bought it home and watched the kids devour it!! So I know my determination and resistance not to give in has got slightly stronger, I just hope it lasts until I reach target weight! I also keep thinking about how I am going to conduct my eating habits when I ve reached the end. Why do we keep torturing ourselves so much???

Thank u too for the support

Yep, the key is water, im on week 6 and i feel hungry all the time, so i reach for the bottle! water of course, try sparkling it may fill you up more and remind yourself your body is a well oiled machine and its normal to feel hungry, before the diet you were eating more and therefore probably didn't get as hungry, you will get used to new feelings and they will quickly pass, my stomach is rumbling now so im off for another coffee

Yup...I relate! In week 2 I was SOOOOO hungry I could have cried, literally, but because of the encouragement of reading about all the lovely people on this site, I never caved in and a few days later....bingo!! No more hunger pangs! Please hang on in there, it's so worth it.

Thanks. Feeling alot better today- hungar wish. My marriage is on the rocks at the moment, and today is a bad day so the appetite in no existent which makes this particular journey alot easier. Not sure what happened yesterday, just a particular bad hungar day, whereas the day before was alot easier. Oh well, Im sure we get good days and bad days on this journey, I will try to keep the moaning to a minimum. Thank you again x

Last year when I tried LT, I lasted 7 days before I cracked and ate. This time, I am up to my 5th week, and I have not touched anything! Don't get me wrong, I'm hungry, but not all the time, especially when I'm in work and kept busy. I just keep focusing on the fact that I have a holiday coming up soon and want to look better for that.

I've given up on those pesky ketosis sticks.....everytime I use them they jig up and down (in my head obviously) saying 'ner ner ner ner ner you're not in ketosiiiissssss'. Well I assume I'm not, it stays on the beigy coloured block, with the '0' under it...... xx

I've given up on those pesky ketosis sticks..... Well I assume I'm not, it stays on the beigy coloured block, with the '0' under it...... xx
Me too!!! Though I think my batch is faulty? I've another bottle at home to try out. I was keeping them in my bathroom window (duh!!) and they were registering for the first week or two, but been negative since.
I did a bit of research on them and found that they'll show 'negative' if you're drinking a large amount of water & peeing regularly (you're flushing out the excess ketones therefore they won't register on the strip, if the batch is faulty (or not stored properly- oops!), or if your body has adapted to the diet and you're actually producing only the ketones your body needs- i.e. no excess! HTH?

Last year when I first tried LT, I was hungry all the time, and I was forever looking for "approval" from my other half to cheat. However this time, whenever I am hungry, I simply remind myself what I am getting out of this. It is hard, but stick with it, you will only kick yourself if you cheat.

Thanks, still v hungry!! Drinking piles of water, looking forward to the shakes, and bedtime so thats another day done!!! Cant believe I have got to day 6 without some much as an ounce of food!!! The bacon butty will soon be a week away!! And how much I would kill for one, but I wont!!:sigh:

Back