Hungry!!

gs68

Hi I started the cambridge diet yesterday (Tuesday) and im starving! Does anyone know when this will pass? I'm really moody too!!

Gemma:cry:

Hi there, I still sometimes get 'hungry' days, and I'm on week 6! I have put that in inverted comma's as I don't think I'm actually hungry at all, its habit or thirst once you are in ketosis. Which should happen around day 3 or 4. Thats when the physical hunger should go, but the mental hunger is a whole lot tougher!

Good luck!

Theresa x

Hi gs68, the hunger will pass in a day or 2. Just try to stick with it and drink lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of water:tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::tear_drop::eek:. I am on day 9 of ss and glad to say i havent really suffered much from hunger,just more from cravings. Once you can tell them apart you will be flying, jsut come on here and start posting it really takes your mind off it and is also very encouraging to read other peoples success stories. Hope you are ok coz it is really hard at the start but you know where i am!
xsassy:wave_cry:suex

I think it's because I had to go food shooping today, and now there lots of food in the house! I just don't feel like the weight is ever going to come off, I know it only day two but don't feel any different. How will I know if I am in ketosis? Feel like giving up and eating!! Also I not doing the complete sole source, I am having a 200 kal meal in the evening

Get through each day and congratulate yourself on your determination. You probably need to increase your water intake/ you need to tell all relevant persons to watch out for your moodiness/you need to distract yourself with some pampering but not high energy stuff/set yourself a little project to take your mind of the dieting/phone a significant other and find out how they are/sort out your undies drawer/you want to use the forum as often as possible/perhaps go for a little walk if you are up to it/you want to stay out of the kitchen and out of sight of any nibbly things/remove yourself from the TV area when the ads are on. Do you get the picture? Drink water any time you feel you want something in your mouth or stomach.
It is not easy at first but your resolve will be rewarded in a day or so when ketosis starts to kick in.
The great reward will come at the end of your first week when you will have dropped a significant amount and the second week will become easier to face. Remember nothing in the mouth apart from your packs / water /permitted drinks. If all else fails take yourself off to bed for an early night. Stay focussed IT WILL WORK AND WILL GET EASIER.

I am drinking so much at the mo, permently on the loo! Sometimes putting the water in my mouth makes me feel sick as I am sick of the taste!! (If that makes sense) It's taking me ages to work out how to do these forums but I am glad I have worked it out, peoples comments have really helped.

I'm sure you will succeed. I felt fine this morning, it's just as the day has gone on that I am feeling terrible!

I'm sure you will succeed. I felt fine this morning, it's just as the day has gone on that I am feeling terrible!

Nice warm bath and an early night :)

Tomorrow is another day, just take it a day at a time - don't give up, it really is worth the effort :hug99:

type your way through your journey is my advice.
maybe set up a blog, record your feelings and everything.
analyse in writing why you are hungry, are you really hungry, what will happen if you go eat - how will you feel tomorrow if you let this pass without cheating, and how will you feel tomorrow if you gave in? How are you going to feel in a months time if you gave in now?
honestly, i think the tool you have infront of you (your pc) can make this all alot easier if you get your thoughts on the screen, it helps.

Hello

I'm Ashley from Rainham and new to Cambridge...plz may I share ur experiences on this diet with u?..many thanks

Back