Hurdles already. Advice anyone?

catkins

Hi everyone

I am starting cambridge tomorrow but I've already come across a hurdle! Thing is, on Sunday we have arranged to go and see friends. No doubt they'll want to go out for lunch or diner.. I don't know whether to just sod it and start on Monday -but then I know i'll just find things to put me off starting every other day! I really want to start ASAP but I really don't want to have to explain that I can't eat anything!! I'm not really ready to tell everyone particularly when I'll possibly fail.

I just realised that in I've put on 2 stone since I dropped out of weight watchers :( I guess getting made redundant hasn't helped this but it just seems like such a waste! I mean.. I'm going to have to lose that 2 stone when I could've just been good and kept it off! grrr!!!!!

Tell them you have a stomach bug and everytime you eat you get the sh*ts so you'll pass on the meal and just have water.
Its hard to tell people about the diet at first-people can be so negative.
Everyone was against me doing it at first and now-two stone down-four of my friends have started it haha!!!

Just lie for the first few weeks babe.Start asap while you are hyped up!! Then the results will show sooner!!! xxxx

Personally I would delay the start until Monday. It would only be a 3 day delay, and those first days on the diet are the hardest and it would be a pity to give in to temptation so early on. I would go to see your friends have a lovely day, and then crack on with the diet on Monday. Thats only my personal feelings though hun, and you should do what you feel is best x x x

Thanks girls. I think it would be really tempting to just give up and have the meal on Sunday.. I know what I'm like!! It should be easier to start on Monday because it's weekdays- fewer temptations. Then by the next weekend i'll be in Ketosis so won't want to spoil it and come out of it... I will just have to psyche myself up all weekend and get excited about starting on Monday. I have had family to stay all week now so I've lost momentum!!

Piella thanks hehe he's gorgeous!!

The first 3 days are usually the most difficult,however it depends how much you want to do this,when i started i had much the same problem,but we went to my mums house for dinner so that was easier,i told them i wasnt eating and when they sat down for dinner i went elsewhere,this may not be so easy for you to do,and if you do crack and eat it will make you feel bad.Its only 3 days after all,and if you start cutting down on carbs now and if you do go out for dinner just eat the meat and veg,when you start on monday you will probably go into ketosis quite quickly,or another option is that you could start now but doing 810,you could still have your dinner out if you stick to chicken(you probably wouldnt make it up to the allowance eating out)and cauli and broccoli.Be interesting to see what you decide,good luck
xx

hi everyone, thanks for the advice. I postponed it in the end.

Turns out I made the right decision because the friends we went to see made a huge effort and cooked us delicious meals, I'd have been gutted if i'd had to say I couldn't eat any! So it was a good decision I think.

So I'm starting tomorrow! Not sure what to expect! hope it goes well.. exciting times! I was sort of tempted to postpone it again because it's a friend's birthday next weekend and everyone is going out- but sod there are going to be big nights out constantly... so f it- I'm starting tomorrow and that's final- and I can save booze / taxi money by driving :D

That's the right attitude, there will always be "something" and once you have lost the weight the "somethings" will be even better hunny, good luck for tomorrow, its not easy, so just hang on in there for the first few days and then you will be flying x x

Back