Husband's support

Zoe.D

loving life
Hi all, I was wondering how many of you have the support of your partners for this diet.

My Husband is fantastic about any diet I have tried in the past and definatley this one. Everyone I know tells me I have a husband that is one in a million. He was very fit when we met (so was I lol) and still is and his opinion and love for me has never changed.

Last night he siad to me you really are gonna do it this time babe aren't you, and to that he added are you gonna leave me when your slim! bless him, I can't believe he thinks I would ever dream of it. He has stuck by me through thick and thin ( litterally) and I would never think myself worth better because I was slim and look else where. I am doing this for me but just as much for my deserving Husband. Zoe xx

I'm not sure WHAT is wrong with me, but that just made me cry :eek:
That is such a nice post and it's lovely when people are supportive. His comment about you leaving when you're thin set me off!
He sounds fab.

My BF is amazing as well. Eats his meals away from me, closes the kitchen door and opens windows to let smells out. Always asks if I mind him eating crisps or choc (I don't) and constantly tells me I'm gorgeous.

Sometimes I think it's just as hard on the partner of the CD-er. My BF doesn't get to go out for meals, cook me anything, have me cook him anything, that sort of thing and he never moans.

There should be a forum for CD supporters! I might just buy my BF a little present to say thank you. He got me flowers last night :)

You are very lucky Zoe! my Hb's great about it now but the night before I started we had a big arguement (and we never argue) He just didn't understand why I had to do something so unconventional and expensive even though I took money out of my savings to cover it. I kinda wish that he would change his eating habits though as he would feel better with loosing some weight& always having a sore back but I guess we all know you have to want it for yourself and it doesn't really help when people suggest something you're not willing or ready to do!

Aah Liz, you have set me off now. Your BF sounds like a keeper too and so considerate as well. Your right there should be a forum for cd supporters. Arn't we lucky. Zoe xx

We are indeed!
Angela maybe when he sees you looking all svelte and stunning it will help him. Agreed it is hard and people have to get into the right mind frame to decide to do it.
I do think it can be scary for partners of the person losing weight and it possibly does cross their mind that you might be off at the end of it. You are doing fabulously well though :)

Aww bless him that is such a lovely way of him showing you that he loves you and to think is worried of loosing you that made me sad as well. I am just as lucky hubby is very supportive and decided to join in with me so we are both doing it which is fantastic even though he would get to his goal in about 3 weeks cos he s only got a bit of a beer belly to get rid off. It makes all the difference when they are like this. :)

Hi Zoe started CD 2 weeks ago as you know and my husband started this week, he said it was easier to join me than feel guilty eating when i wasn't.
The poor thing has a raging headache for the last 2 days and was starving for the first 3 days, i was lucky and never felt hungry but i did get the head aches.
He's a sweet heart too like your husband, he hasn't complained as i put the weight on, he has put a bit on himself though nothing like me. i was sorting my wardrobe out yesterday and came across a strapless dress I wore for a dinner dance years ago that’s a size 14, he said “you will be able to get into that by Christmas”. It’s the first time in years I have looked forward to the family seeing me at Christmas; I don’t see some of the family apart for Christmas, wedding and funerals. Now I can’t wait.:bliss:

That's a nice goal to look forward to Louie Lou. He sounds like a lovely man too. It's nice that some people are doing it together and get that extra support from someone understanding fully.

I think I read something Tilly wrote the other day about thin people never fully knowing what the mindset is like of a bigger person and that's very true.

My BF is very slim and I am sure that my capacity to eat everything in site (even when not hungry) has amazed him in the past!!

Having a supportive other half/family makes all the difference. I am on day one and havent really been tempted at all, early days i know but I have a good feeling about this. The weekend might be difficult, but I'm going to get thru it 100% :)

Hi Louie, That's great hes doing ss with you. I don't envy him going through those first couple of days though. At least you can be there for each other. It's nice looking forward to events later on in the year where you know your gonna look better than last year-I can't wait for xmas this year as I will hoefully have a good bulk of this weight off. Give my best to your hubby. Zoe x

Aw Zoe, that made me really emotional! It's so great you have his support, he sounds like one in a million.

My BF has been great as well, when we met I was 8.7 stone, I've got up to 12 stone since we've been together, and he hasn't said a thing and always made me feel like he doesn't want anyone else and that he still finds me attractive (although I've always looked smaller than my weight - I looked about a size 12 then despite being a 14, nearly 16). He knows I'm doing this for uni, and last week he basically said he was worried I was doing this to try and attract boys better at uni! I was like NO you idiot lol, I'm doing this for me and to feel confident! I can't believe he'd think that when he's stuck by me through everything.

Liz you're right, there should be a thread for CD's OHs lol. I'm actually quite lucky as my bf eats quite healthy anyway, but at the same time eats SO much as he's a rugby player that at least I've never felt bigger than him, so it works quite well both ways!

Back