Hybrid bicycle

Cherry-Blossom

I CAN do this
Can anyone recommend me a good hybrid bicycle that costs less than £200. Currently the Raleigh Oaklands seems the be the top contender.
I mostly want this bike to cycle to work and back on road/pavement and maybe going down a canal towpath. I already have a mountain bike for off-roading so that's not a problem.

Decathlon has the biggest and cheapest!!! selection. They sell their own brand so not only you get your value for money but also it is very unlikely your bike might be stolen (these bikes are not so popular with a thieves...so I was told)
I got my City Bike with lovely basket at the front for £149!!! and absolutely LOVE IT!!!

A carrera hybrid from Halfords - I think they have last years models on sale at the moment and are quite god value.

Until it was stolen I had a Carrera road bike and couldn't really fault it.

Ive just txt my lad whos in the buisness, will update when he replies. :)

Update:
online prices go for Saracen/Merida/Barracuda
If you have someone who knows bikes and can view with you , then you are better off going second hand at that price limit.

You will get a much better build.

Hope that helps.

Thieves wise
I never get on my bike with out my back pack and contents.
Bike gloves
Pump,

D lock ( through rear frame bars and wheel and post.)
Wire lock ( thread through front wheel round the frame and through the saddle).

If any wheel is taken, wish it to be the front, wheeling home a front wheeled bike is no joke lol

Always in there is the Front / back lights or im taking them on and off in the day time when i park up. SO they stay in the bag

A bike computer is a must for anyone challenging themselves, it is excellent fun:D tells you miles and speeds and ive done so much more miles since i got mine eg: i had done 8 one day as i came to my house and wanted to round it up to 10 so kept going round the block lol

Hope you have lots of fun on it what ever you buy :)

Last edited:
Back