Weight loss stalled early on

Hi everyone,

First post on here for a long time.
Apologies for the long post and request for help, but I wanted to ask for some pearls of wisdom on why my weight loss seems to have stalled so early on...

I've got quite a bit of weight to lose - I'm currently 22.5 stone (316lbs) and want to get back to where I was most happy at 15 stone (210lbs).

I've tried various times to lose weight and have had some success (I lost 6 stone on the Atkins diet, but put it all back on) and I'm trying again at the moment - determined to do it better this time!
So....I've been keeping to 1500 calories (or less) each day for the last 2 weeks (MyFitnessPal tells me I should be eating 1900 calories, but I'm finding it fairly easy eating less, so I thought I'd stick with it).

With fairy little exercise (light walking) I dropped close to 7lbs in week one - I was amazed!
I started week 2 even more determined and shaved a few more calories off my daily total and also dusted my bicycle off to put in a 5 mile bike ride every day over 5 days.
I stepped on the scales after 6 days and was absolutely gutted to see just under 1lb of weight loss.

Don't get me wrong, I know 7lbs of weight loss in unhealthy and unsustainable, but I was hoping to hit 2lbs/3/lbs a week...to me, it defies logic that I could eat less, exercise more and not lose anything...and that's where I need advice if possible.

Can anyone offer advice on where I'm going wrong?
For extra info - my typical daily routine (which I don't deviate from because I operate best when driven by a strict routine) diet is:

Breakfast = Apple
Lunch = Chicken (100g) salad with 10mls of super low cal dressing
Dinner = "Good for you" ready meal (one of four I like) ranging from 280 - 360 calories & a treat of something like a raisin/fruit bar or weight watchers dessert (100-150 calories).
Supper = 3 small slices of wholemeal (weight watchers) bread with low cal spread
Snacks = Rice cakes / grapes / Fruit biscuit slices
Drinks = 5-6 glasses of water and 2/3 cans of diet coke (which I really struggle to give up)

Cheers
Steve

Well, If you don’t want to wait for the plateau to end on its own, there are things you need to ask yourself if you want to jump start your losing streak.

The chances are that the hike in exercise has just caused your body to keep hold of some fluid whilst your muscles repair. It's totally normal. However keep going with it and you will start to see the drop again. Not only will you lose lbs you will be toned too!

Xxx

Back