Dismiss Notice
Welcome to MiniMins! Be sure to check out our complete listing of diets on the front page including Slimming World, Exante, Weight Watchers, Cambridge Weight Plan, Herbalife, and hundreds more.

hynosis for weight loss anyone?

Discussion in 'Slimming World Off Topic' started by *sweetpea*, 14 May 2011 Social URL.

1. *sweetpea*

*sweetpea* Member

Hi all, I was just wondering if anybody has ever had hypnosis to help lose weight & if so did it help? I'm a complete over eater & I'm desperate to try anything to help. Your views would be appreciated x

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. charliesworld

charliesworld Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    I tried it once but it didn't really do much for me. I have had success with EFT though. PM me if you haven't heard of it and would like more info. :)

4. BeckyT

BeckyT Always trying!

Start Weight:
    13st10.5lb
    Current Weight:
    9st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4.5lb(31.43%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi sweetpea

I studied clinical Hypnotherapy for 2 and a half years and I'm fully qualified. The sad part about it is since I've qualified I've never done a thing with it. My hubby keeps suggesting we make one of our rooms into a therapy room.

I am actually going for a 2 hour Hypnotherapy season on Monday. I decided to go for 2 reasons 1, give me an opening to meet another hypnotherapist and I'm hoping to ask her to mentor me. 2, help me with my own weight loss journey. I know what I want to achieve and I know I can do it, just need to focus my mind

5. pizzle84

pizzle84 I will do this!!!

Diet:
    SW
    My friend had it done for smoking (she's been smoking for 15 years), she was hypnotised 3 months ago and hasn't smoked since. Im just saving up the money to have it done for my weight loss!!

6. *sweetpea*

*sweetpea* Member

Hi thank you for your replies.

Charliesworld, I tried to send you a PM but couldn't as I don't have permission yet (not enough posts) Can I ask what EFT is? I'm a really bad binge eater, I'm reading a book about CBT at the moment & have tried listening to Paul Mckenna but neither are really helping. I'm desperate to try anything :-( Thanks in advance x

7. charliesworld

charliesworld Full Member

Start Weight:
    13st12lb
    Current Weight:
    13st12lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st10lb
    Lost(%):
    0st0lb(0%)
    EFT is a kind of acupuncture but you tap the points with your fingers rather than having needles - which means you can do it for yourself rather than having to have someone else do it for you. I must admit I feel like a right wally doing it and would never do it in front of anyone else but you can use it on anything - literally there's a film called try it on anything on youtube too!!

There's loads of stuff on the net and follow along vids on youtube. I seem to remember Paul McKenna using it at new year on Lorraines show for someone who wanted to give up smoking but when I went back to watch it I couldn't find it (she did give it up btw).

If there's anything you are stuck with let me know because although I'm not a practitioner I have used it alot.

8. *sweetpea*

*sweetpea* Member

Thank you so much, I will have a browse at it now. I think I have heard of the tapping thing, to be honest I don't mind looking like a tool if it works lol! Thanks again for taking the time to reply x

9. lorraineA

lorraineA Silver Member

Start Weight:
    21st5lb
    Current Weight:
    17st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    11st0lb
    Lost(%):
    3st9lb(17.06%)
    Diet:
    Slim & Save
    I had a hypno band done - it's meant to be like a gastric band operation only done through hypnosis. I had read of poeple finding it helped them but unfortunately it did not work for me so I have gone back to the good old fashioned way of eating less and eating more healthily through the slimming world plan. I am also complementing that by taking xenical which I had been given previously by my GP. So far so good!

10. *sweetpea*

*sweetpea* Member

thank you lorraine, I did wonder if it was too good to be true which is why I wanted to ask on here. good luck with your journey, your doing fab so far x

11. ~*~Louisa~*~

~*~Louisa~*~ bye bye baby tummy

Start Weight:
    14st2lb
    Current Weight:
    12st9lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7lb(10.61%)
    Diet:
    Slimming world
    ive got one and ive just put it on my mp3 to listen to every night

12. lou49

lou49 Full Member

Start Weight:
    16st0lb
    Current Weight:
    11st10lb
    Goal Weight:
    10st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st4lb(26.79%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi there. I wanted to recommend Sally Baker in South London on this site:-
    About | Working On The Body
    (she does Skype too). She has helped me tremendously and can't recommend her enough. I've had hypnosis before too, including a hypnoband last year, but nothing seemed to really help before. Sally works in what she calls 'collapsing the issues' round weight loss and I now have hope and am doing well on Slimming World!

13. jessicar

jessicar Member

Start Weight:
    14st13.5lb
    Current Weight:
    13st6lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    1st7.5lb(10.26%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Morning, my mam did it 2yrs ago and she lost 3 1/2 stone through healthy eating and gym 4 times per week. However she let it slip and has put it all back on. I would recommend Slimming World

14. nettie

nettie Gold Member

Diet:
    Slimming World
    I've never had hypnosis for weight loss but I was hypnotised when I was having counselling a few years ago, I know it's different for everyone but it was one of the worst experiances of my life. It was for stopping panic attacks and not letting negative thoughts through my mind... I don't remember what she was saying but I remember just feeling paralysed like I wanted to stop but I couldn't move or talk! very scary! However, it did work for a short time and no matter how hard I was trying to sort something through in my head the thought just wouldn't go in and the panic attacks stopped.

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.