Hypnosis and weight loss?

Suzie Orbach

Mornig everyone..

just been looking at Rosered's thread, shes going to lovely new york (lets not all hate her at once hehe)

but it made me realise, i a actually PETRIFIED of coming off this diet...

i know i am no were near in controll of my body, or my emotional attachment to food,

andjust wondered if any of you think Hypnotherapy would help??

can it actually change your relationship with food, so that you dont actually need it everytime something good, bad or just a wednesday happens??

Any advice would be fab, has anyone had it?

will try anything to keep these pounds off!

xxx
Hi
understand your worries I have the same ones.Suzie Orbach is a psychologist who advised about food and the emotional pull it has for people. One of her books is called "on eating" its about a 100 pages ,easily read, simple steps and it basically gives a good guide to all the emotional problems. She basically says the same as paul Mc kenna, eat when your hungry, eat what you want, stop when your full and don't feel guilty. The thing is he has made millions with it while she said it first. Great book definetly recommend it. You will find yourself in it like I'm sure a lot of others will:)

Yay more leg!! 28 inch legs whose idea of a joke was that!! I'm only 5ft 1, Con's 6ft so I can wear whatever heels I want, I can still never give out to him and have him take me seriously!!!

Mornig everyone..

just been looking at Rosered's thread, shes going to lovely new york (lets not all hate her at once hehe)

but it made me realise, i a actually PETRIFIED of coming off this diet...

i know i am no were near in controll of my body, or my emotional attachment to food,

andjust wondered if any of you think Hypnotherapy would help??

can it actually change your relationship with food, so that you dont actually need it everytime something good, bad or just a wednesday happens??

Any advice would be fab, has anyone had it?

will try anything to keep these pounds off!

xxx

If you ask me hunny I think its a waste of time and money. You are what you eat no matter how much hyphnosis(or whatever way that is spelt) you get done. You have to trick your brain into thinking your full, and do I really want to eat that method. Also writing down what you eat on a daily basis should help and keep a tracker diary to help ya along. No matter how good that food looks just think " A moment on the lips is a lifetime on the hips". Do you really want to get back to that level where ya were feeling low with yourself and hating your size? My answer would be no and personally if you get down to a size that you like and have clothes that make you feel good, well then it would be enough for me to say YES I AINT GOING BACK!!

Matronix - i will have a look at that book even if its just 4 a couple of tips it may well be worthwhile!!

i will also quote a load of good stuff so u dont have to all go out and buy it heheh

and miss unknown you are so right hunibunch!!

i think with the hellp of this site, i will have enough inspiration and people kikin me new skinny behind that food will be a source of energy and not something to turn to when bored!!

xx

Back