Hypnosis.

My daughter went to hypnotherapy in October last year to help her give up smoking. She had one session to explain how it works & why she smokes & told next time she came to have decided when she wanted to give up.

She decided to give up after the 2nd session & has only had one cigarette since then :p She had another session & has one more left. Well worth the money spent.

Hypnotherapy can work for all sorts of things you just need to keep an open mind.

I have the Glenn Harrold lose weight cd. I find it suits me better than Paul McKenna. It's definitely helped.

Right - thanks - I have bought one. I'll let you know how I get on!

Good luck, hope it helps.

Thanks everyone for your messages, I do believe hypnosis may be the wy forward for me!!!
If nothing else its just soooooooo relaxing!!!

i have taken my CD, ripped it onto the computer and then downloaded it onto my phone ( or you could use an ipod / mp3 player etc), then i take the phone and headphones to bed with me and listen to it then. It is hard to find the time especially when you are trying to look after a house, kids and work but its do-able. :)

i have taken my CD, ripped it onto the computer and then downloaded it onto my phone ( or you could use an ipod / mp3 player etc), then i take the phone and headphones to bed with me and listen to it then. It is hard to find the time especially when you are trying to look after a house, kids and work but its do-able. :)

thats what i have done!

Evening everyone,
Just thought i'd bump this thread up and see is anybody who bought their hypnosis cds had them delivered and had used the yet?

I'd love to hear other peoples views on it!

Mine has been delivered but the school has been snowed off ever since it arrived so haven't had 5 minutes to myself.

School is back tomorrow so all ready for a listen

I got mine and was in crease when it was called Professional Weigth Loss CD. OMG. Tickled me so much I can't pick it up without laughing!

Lynda

i know this is from AGES ago but having bought the CD I never did get round to listening to it and it's 'filed away' somewhere now BUT I did have 3 sessions of face to face hypnotherapy - mostly to do with weight issues but also to do with self esteem, being able to put myself first and to make me accept I deserve to have whatever I want (not in a spoilt brat way, but dropping the thinking I don't deserve anything good).

The effects have been brilliant. OK, I still need to follow the plan and will fall off the wagon but I am noticing positive effects. Tonight I had jacket potato, bacon, mushroom, low fat cheese. Last time I would have had two, simply because it was allowed. When considering tonights dinner having two potatoes didn't even occur to me.

I've been looking for a job for months. I have, since the hypnotherapy, got a new job (well, career) in an industry I would never have considered - and I know I'll be good at it.

I also spent some time staying with my parents and found it possible to talk to my mother about family 'issues' that have existed for as long as I can remember.

So, if anyone is considering this I'd say go for it. It's not a quick cure but it is a great 'tool'.

Maybe im just paranoid, but i'd be too concerned that if it does work, id be alone in a room with someone i didnt know or trust and under their complete influence and essentially- power. Not somthing i'd ever be comfortable with.

Well I have had a go once 5 years ago due to depression and the guy wanted to have sex with me. I found him totally creepy and he kept telling me all about him, so decided never to go back to it. But everyone is difference and some people it works for :)

Well I have had a go once 5 years ago due to depression and the guy wanted to have sex with me. I found him totally creepy and he kept telling me all about him, so decided never to go back to it. But everyone is difference and some people it works for :)

:eek: point proved.com

Maybe im just paranoid, but i'd be too concerned that if it does work, id be alone in a room with someone i didnt know or trust and under their complete influence and essentially- power. Not somthing i'd ever be comfortable with.

I had these exact thoughts. My daughter went for her first hypnotherapy session & as she was only 17 at the time I went in with her. But she 'didn't go under' and she was well aware of her surroundings. I sat outside next time as this is what she wanted. And after 1 session she gave up smoking;) she had 3 sessions in total and hasn't smoked since.

If you do want to give it a try take somebody with you.;)

Back