I’m back again for the third time

Thanks hun. Yes they’re horrible, I’ve been having them since I was a teenager but they do seem worse when dieting.

I bet that put a smile on your face! It’s brilliant when people notice what we’ve been working hard for😃 x

24 hour fast😃

I’ve had an omelette and I’m going to have some watermelon in a bit.

I’m planning on doing 2 longer fasts later in the week with the last one finishing on Friday (weigh in day😃) x

Thats a long fast Charlotte. Ive managed to stretch my overnight ones to 16 hours, from 7pm to 11am but thats about as long as i can do.

Last edited:
Wow another fantastic fast, stick with it and I reckon the scales will be super nice to you again this week!

I used to get bad headaches when I was dieting but now I've started making sure I have atleast 2-3 litres of water a day and since I've done that (about 4 months now), I've not had a single headache/migraine (obviously not counting hangovers, lol).

Tipp, I think the longest fast I’ve done so far is 50 hours. I’m going to try and do 2 36 hour fasts, Monday night to Wednesday morning and then Wednesday night to Friday morning.

Littlemiss, I’ve definitely not been drinking enough the last few days so I really need to work on that!

Not much happening on the scale which is frustrating but I’m hoping for a pleasant surprise one morning.

I’m so sleepy today. I slept for 9 hours last night and I’ve had a nap. Might have another one soon lol. I’m worried I might be getting a cold, I don’t do well having a cold on top of my normal state. I’ve used the sterimar congestion stuff as it’s easier than the neti pot and that did help a little. My head hurts a bit but no where near as bad as the other day. Fingers crossed I’m just feeling run down instead.

I might watch a film tonight and have a little treat, not sure what one to watch though, I’ll have a look through Netflix in a bit and pick a few options out. I’ll take some suggestions if anyone has any.

Hope everyone’s having a good day😃 x

All fingers crossed it's not a cold, nothing worse than a cold when it's warm - and yes defo to more water, the forecast looks like it's heating up this week.

Ive just edited my post, it should have read 16 hour fast not 26🙄.
Hope you shake off the cold quick

Thanks ladies😃

I didn’t record my fast yesterday, 25 hours but then I completely fell off the wagon🤦🏻‍♀️ As soon as I finished eating I realised that I didn’t enjoy it at all and I felt disgusting and disappointed in myself. I thought what a waste of effort and time, fasting and doing well and then eating for the sake of it. It felt like I finally got the message and it smacked me straight in the face!

So a longer fast started at 1am on Tuesday morning. No diet drinks and no flavoured sparkling water on this fast and I’ll see if it makes any difference. I’m showing a 2lb gain at the moment and the scale hadn’t gone down at all this week so far anyway, the main difference this week is that I’ve not been drinking enough and when I have been drinking it’s been mainly flavoured sparkling water. Has anyone noticed that it makes a difference to weight loss?

I’m still feeling pretty rough and I’m sure last night didn’t help.

Hope we all have a good day x

Ah never mind, just draw a line under it and start again. We all have little blips but as long as you can move past it then that's all that matters.

I don't really drink sparkling water or pop but I do find that drinking lots of water helps. I often feel bloated from drinking too much and the scales show a gain because it's keeping hold of the water but as soon as it goes I get a good whoosh :)

Good luck with your current fast.

I gain when I drink sparkling water, either flavoured or unflavoured, weirdly - I seem to remember from my low carb days that aspartame and other fake sweeteners do cause gains.

Line is fully drawn lol!

It felt like I learnt something so maybe it’ll help in the long run 😂

I’ve had a litre of water so far and it’s going down much easier today. I normally drink plain water but then I’ll get a phase where I can’t drink it for a while, like I get completely bored of it and it’s a real struggle.

I’m going to try and leave those drinks well alone, I’m sure that’s why the scale hadn’t moved the few days after weigh in.

It’s not my totm for over a week away but I’m getting period pains already! I hope I don’t get pms as bad as last month, that was a nightmare😱 x

I find anything bubbly causes bloating then hunger then gain

What I thought was period pain earlier has turned into full blown endo pain😫 it’s so bad. It’s getting worse every month. So I’ve had codeine which has helped a little and an options hot chocolate as it’s comforting but I’ve now broken my fast with it. Im pretty hungry tonight too so I might eat something in a bit. So a 20 hour fast today. I get so pumped when I have a good week and want to replicate it but things happen and I need to learn that it’s not a race x

Thanks guys ☺️

I had an omelette and some olives last night. I’m showing another 1lb gain this morning which I was expecting after the other night. Hopefully I can get back to where I was(again🤦🏻‍♀️) for Friday.

The pain is a little better this morning so that’s a positive but I didn’t have a great nights sleep and I’m still feeling rough. I think a nap is needed today 😴

I had about 3 litres of water yesterday but I think that’s still not quite enough so I’ll aim for 4 today. I’m not going to set any fasting in stone and I’ll just do what feels right for now.

Have a day😃

Its veey hard to lose weight if you dont sleep properly, your liver just doesnt get a chance to do its job

Glad you're feeling a bit better today.

I don't blame you not doing a fast, if you don't feel great it probably won't help. Have you been fasting all the way through your journey or just started recently? I was just wondering if it really does help or if it makes you want to binge more when you're not fasting. I might give it a go when I get back from holiday but would never be able to do more than about 12 hours.

I drink between 3 - 4 litres of water a day but sometimes can feel bloated.

Hope you manage to get a nap later today, it sounds like you need one.

Hi Charlotte, I hope today is a good day. I agree with tipp - hard to lose weight if you are not sleeping, I think it's something to do with raised cortisol levels. Anyway, great job on drinking lots of water and staying hydrated. Keep going!

Back