I am a new member who only joined today.

I have spent a good part of my afternoon reading all the threads in this forum. I found it got a lot more interesting the closer we got to now.
I have a few things I would like to say. I found the recipes posted excellent, I will definitely be trying the majority of them. I was surprised prawns were not mentioned once ( unless I missed that thread).
What I did pick up on was quite a few of you ask questions regarding what foods you can eat, I personally do not believe the list Cambridge has recommended is 100% accurate of all we can eat. I have been googling, checking foods I can add. One of you asked about olives, I checked and can see no reason why not! We can have Tuna in brine, why not olives, they have tiny traces of carbs and fat, not really worth a mention. The same goes for fresh Tomatoe, one chopped up added to a salad would make minimal difference to what we should eat, it does give a nicer taste to a plain green salad especially with a few pitted olives added, therefore much less boring.
I have been on the Cambridge diet before, very successfully. I am now older and my tastebuds have matured, hence the reason for all my interest. I DO want to be a winner again! This time I will be rechecking foods that I think I could eat that possibly should be on THE list.
One more thing on my first thread, I had not heard of ketosis, never been mentioned to me! Does anyone else's consultant talk to them about it? I did read a blog, that mentioned being given two sticks to pee on that let you know if you had reached ketosis, not unlike a pregnancy test.
Looking forward to reading lots more threads.
Cheers (with my big glass of water!)

I have spent a good part of my afternoon reading all the threads in this forum. I found it got a lot more interesting the closer we got to now.
I have a few things I would like to say. I found the recipes posted excellent, I will definitely be trying the majority of them. I was surprised prawns were not mentioned once ( unless I missed that thread).
What I did pick up on was quite a few of you ask questions regarding what foods you can eat, I personally do not believe the list Cambridge has recommended is 100% accurate of all we can eat. I have been googling, checking foods I can add. One of you asked about olives, I checked and can see no reason why not! We can have Tuna in brine, why not olives, they have tiny traces of carbs and fat, not really worth a mention. The same goes for fresh Tomatoe, one chopped up added to a salad would make minimal difference to what we should eat, it does give a nicer taste to a plain green salad especially with a few pitted olives added, therefore much less boring.
I have been on the Cambridge diet before, very successfully. I am now older and my tastebuds have matured, hence the reason for all my interest. I DO want to be a winner again! This time I will be rechecking foods that I think I could eat that possibly should be on THE list.
One more thing on my first thread, I had not heard of ketosis, never been mentioned to me! Does anyone else's consultant talk to them about it? I did read a blog, that mentioned being given two sticks to pee on that let you know if you had reached ketosis, not unlike a pregnancy test.
Looking forward to reading lots more threads.
Cheers (with my big glass of water!)

Welcome Christine :wavey:

Re the foods thing, it depends if you're actually going to follow the Cambridge Weight Plan, or whether you're going to use the Cambridge products and tweak the plan to suit yourself. Many people here find they do best if they follow the plan to the letter. Others (me included) do tweak a bit. But tweaking can get you into trouble, because it can be a slippery slope - on day one, you justify olives, on day two, you reckon Feta cheese is fine - and before you know it, what should be a very low calorie diet is actually a moderately low calorie diet and weight loss slows accordingly. If you're ok with taking the scenic route to goal (like you, I've done Cambridge before - more than once), that's fine - but you won't lose as much as you might on a weekly basis if you mess about with the plan stipulated in the Cambridge Weight Plan booklet.

Ketosis - don't worry about it. If you're having 3 Cambridge packs a day and the SS+ foods you will be in ketosis, no need to buy sticks to pee on. This is a very low calorie diet by definition - the fact that it's also a low carb diet is just a lucky coincidence. It works because the calories are low, not because the carbs are low.

Good luck! :)

Hello Lily, Thank You for the welcome. I do not wish to tweak the plan! I just cannot believe the list we are given IS IT! I am doing great "in my opinion" taking my 3 packs a day, drinking 2 litres, at least, of water. Had Chicken 1st day, Haddock 2nd, Haddock 3rd, Prawns today, all with green salad. I am sticking to the plan.
My hubby is having a day of Game of Thrones, I get so bored with TV so I have been on my iPad most of the day looking for others in the same boat as myself for inspiration. I was writing about what I have read. I am seeing my cc tomorrow as she does Sunday's normally. I don't know if I should wait till next week to be weighed as it will only be day 5 for me. What do you think? Hope we stay in touch. Cheers :)

Hello Lily, Thank You for the welcome. I do not wish to tweak the plan! I just cannot believe the list we are given IS IT! I am doing great "in my opinion" taking my 3 packs a day, drinking 2 litres, at least, of water. Had Chicken 1st day, Haddock 2nd, Haddock 3rd, Prawns today, all with green salad. I am sticking to the plan.
My hubby is having a day of Game of Thrones, I get so bored with TV so I have been on my iPad most of the day looking for others in the same boat as myself for inspiration. I was writing about what I have read. I am seeing my cc tomorrow as she does Sunday's normally. I don't know if I should wait till next week to be weighed as it will only be day 5 for me. What do you think? Hope we stay in touch. Cheers :)

Oh, good for you - sounds like you're doing great! :clap: I say get weighed - you should still see a nice loss, even on day 5.

Why don't you start a diary in the Cambridge Diary section here? CD Weight Loss Diaries Lots of us post post post when we're trying to keep away from the fridge. :) Plus it's great to have something to look back on several weeks down the line, to see how far you've come. :)

Hi Girlies "I have not seen any Guy posts" I need HELP! Was starving in my bed last night, could not get to sleep! Lay thinking, what can I eat? "A slice of toast & beans"! Did not give in. What can I do? I am on 3 Cambridge supplements a day & a meal as recommended. I am drinking over 2 litres of water a day. On day 11 getting weighed tomorrow, the first time I will hear what I've lost.
Gave in to a bottle of wine and a few olives Wednesday, helped me sleep", Please do not dish me for this I am really having problems with sleep.
Definitely appreciate any words of wisdom.

Sorry, you will definitely get nagged on here about the wine. You need to be really careful as alcohol when in ketosis is dangerous. Nag over.

Have you considered 810, losses can be as much as SS and you get a bigger meal than SS+. You will find that you are motivated after your weigh in aswell, nothing nicer than seeing all the hard work lead to a good result. On the rare occasions that I really need something extra and have had my meals I have a boiled egg as it doesn't seem to damage. Some people will say you should follow the plan exactly, but if it is a choice between chocolate and egg then it is the better choice and seems to get me on an even keel.

Hope the weigh in went well. :)

Back