I am back and so so so happy!

Aw bookworm have hug. You need to focus on how far you have come - don't think about weekly losses - focus on how much you have achieved in total. You may not feel like to (and yes plateaus do suck)but you have achieved so much and are my inspiration so hang on in there!

Thank you so much Bessie for your kind words. I had to reread them this morning again because I have gained ANOTHER LB! it never happened to me before and it's really hard when there's so much yummy summer food around :( Right now I could go for a cold rice and tomato salad that my husband is having ...

But I know that these 2lbs aren't fat. They're bound to be water weight. Even if I were eating more than my allocated calories it'd be impossible to put on 2lbs of fat, right? Maybe I put too much salt in my evening omelette these past few days...

So I keep soldiering on. I look at what I've lost and what is left for me to lose. 2st: it's really nothing compared to what I have achieved so far, and I can't ruin it. I'm just a bit disappointed because I wanted to be a healthy bmi when I see my parents again in July... It won't happen now but hopefully I'll be close enough?

Anyway, I'm off enjoying a rare weekend with my husband AND the weather is gorgeous! Have a lovely day everyone :)

Must be water retntion- specially with the warmer weather. Dont stress over the fat- remember it takes roughly ( not excat!!) burning 3500 extra cals to lose a lb( and herefor the same in reverse to put on one lb). You have not eaten 7000 extra now have you? I laugh when i say that because that is exactly what i am capable of doing!!!

I know it's bound to be water weight. I have been on my 810 since the bank holiday weekend. Heck, I didn't even eat 3500 cal over the whole of the bank holiday weekend... It's a plateau. I know it. The good thing about plateaus though is that once they're over the losses are enormous :D

As a side note, thank you for telling me about this thing about the cal needed for a lb of fat. It makes it look so much real! And I was perfectly able of eating over 6000 cal a day during my secret binge eating sessions too :eek: I'm so glad this is over, that I managed to overcome this!

So again, thank you Bessie for helping me in my times of doubt :)

ETA I've upped my water from 3 to 4 L as I was waking up completely dry lately. And I mean my mouth was painful and my skin too! This morning, after my 4L yesterday, I'm feeling much much better.

Just weighed myself and I haven't moved from 13st8lbs despite doing an SS day yesterday in the hope of getting things moving a little. Definitely water retention. Annoying water LOL Like we need it to stay alive ;)

chuckle - just wait you will be paying it forward soon! (the help that is). Just wait for the weather to cool and down it will come. I have sts for the last 4 days but been so busy and active - 4 1/2 hours mowing the lawns yesterday pushing a damn heavy lawn mower up slopes, then digging and planting... and its end of 6 week weigh in tomorrow it just has to have come off - doesn't it?

I have just sat through lunch in London with my boss - and watched her have a glass of wine with 2 plates of tapas - beautiful yummy prawns and a huge plate of potato chunks with a rich spicy sauce - it smelt divine - and..I sat and drank my tetra! (looking for a smiley with a halo but can't find one!)

I say :wow: Bessie. I struggle big time when people eat in front of me. And that's despite the fact that, being on Step 2, I usually order a salad (and ask without sauce!). I'm too tempted by the wine but the tapas, oh my :drool:

How about this smiley :superwoman: instead of the angel ? :D

When it's your turn to struggle, do let me know so I can be your very own agony aunt too :D

My husband, ever the pragmatic, told me that our situations are exactly like when the gas&elec is taking too much money. We feel hard done by and then at the end of the year we receive a big fat cheque or discount... I was a bit :grumble: at first as he's never had any weight problem but actually it does make sense. It'll all come off very quickly once the plateau is over :)

Like you, we've been gardening and doing a lot of DIY. Well my husband does the DIY and I do the gardening. We're still "renovating" our house and it's hard work but I am so full of energy despite eating 800cal a day. It's crazy!

Anyway, because I can't lose lb I decided to lose some £ today (very bad pun intended :D ) and I went shopping. I bought a Sahara skirt, a Laura Ashley top and a Joules pair of trousers... And the best part is it cost me £11 :D Ah, how I love charity shops... In real shops, they would have cost me £200, and I paid what, 5%? (not good at maths...) Good day! They had a lovely Boden dress for £9. A bargain but sadly it was stained. And I know they usually wash their clothes before selling them so the stain is probably permanent if it hasn't come off already...

Anyway, off to go and check what hubby is doing!!! I can hear him swear...

Ah, another lovely day weather-wise it seems! Thank you Mother Nature, this is much needed :)

I weighed myself again this morning and I still have not changed. I did SS yesterday, in the hope of restarting my body, but it didn't seem to have worked. I'll another today and see what happens.

We've planned a trip to ikea today: at least it should keep me busy :)

Bookwoem- ignoring the water retention have you thought about going up a step for a couple of days rather than down- you are quite close to the magic bmi and your body might just appreciate a shock!!

Bookwoem- ignoring the water retention have you thought about going up a step for a couple of days rather than down- you are quite close to the magic bmi and your body might just appreciate a shock!!

That's what my CDC actually recommended. I'll go back on Step 2 this week with additional protein and if nothing has changed next week, I go onto Step 3.

I'll beat this :)

yup we will both beat it and come out smiling the other end. MAd day today - Kids tennis before school - leaving now, then dogs to vets then running a craft session then kids trampolining followed by 2 hours of karate. Been away with work for 2 days so house looks like hell - but I'll deal with that on Thursday then Friday off to a health spa for the day (friend found a fab 2 for £20 deal) which was my treat for losing a stone - but out of date now!!!! Got to run - have a good day

Sorry i havent been on sooner not really been online all week. Wow missus you're so close to goal now it's unbelievable and get you shopping bargains i'm very impressed. That water weight will disappear and like Bessie said a higher plan may be just what you need. I lost 7lbs on my first WI today so i'm very pleased.

Cellulitis is a bacterial infection of the skin when there's been damage in my case i had a lot of mosquito bites that had well almost gone but the bacteria got in through the wound and i had elephant legs for a few days, stuck with the plan though despite having to add more carbs which makes the 1/2 stone even sweeter :) Start my night shifts tomorrow night so be interesting to see how that affects things.

Oh going back to healthy BMI its 8 weeks off the end of july you know u may be in the 25s by then if you lost 2lbs a week wouldnt that put you say at 2.7 or sommat?

HI Bookworm and Nina. Cellulitis sounds horrid - but really well done on sticking to diet and losing as well!!

Bookworm - hows that plateau coming along - just think of all the lbs you are saving up for when you have got over it! I've got a massage this morning - booked one a month as a treat to motivate me - last time i went was 7 May when I had lost 1 stone 5 - now 4 weeks later its 2 stone 12 - gotta love this diet ;-)

Have a good day

Hello ladies!

Sorry for only getting back to you today but yesterday was rather busy! Not as busy as your day, though, Bessie. I was tired just reading about all you have to do! When on earth do you get up in the morning? Having said that, I'll have to get up before 6am when I start my new job... Not looking forward to it, and the one hour commute (hopefully less as I won't be travelling at peak time then!). But at least I only have myself to take care of (no children as of yet) and it's only 3 days a week :)

Bessie: you lucky thing getting a massage and a spa day! Having said that, it's great that you reward yourself and your body after all your efforts! Pampering is such a great way to learn to re-love our bodies after years of abuse. And it'll be time to yourself as well! I may actually do that myself after I have started earning a living again.

Nina: cellulitis looks terribly painful. I'm not surprise though, don't conditions ending in -tis means an inflammation of some sort? Is it a common condition? I had of course heard of cellulite, but never cellulitis! Kudos to you for staying on plan though, and well done of the loss as well!

No luck as of yet for me. I'll tell you something, my body is playing at something rather crazy... Yesterday, I ate a little carb. This morning, I should have had a little gain, like I always do after eating a little. However, this morning, nothing had moved! I am still 13st8lbs2oz! Yes, it is immovable to the oz! So in a way, I know it is not something I am doing, but that my body is just readjusting. Plus TOTM should be there in under a week now, and I have entered the dreading PMS week so it doesn't help. I can't wait for my big loss after my plateau :D

Evening ladies, Bessie oh my goodness all this pampering sounds lush, hope you thoroughly enjoyed your massage!!!!

Bookworm hmmm to the plateau its obviously going to get moving soon because well its impossible to literally stay the same day in day or week in week out is anything else changing with your body maybe shape changing even like an inch where you dont measure i/e between waist and bust glad it's not making you stray though i know for one i really struggle with the plateaus.

Well i'm at work on nights now til Sun morning, hoping the lovely weather keeps everyone literally happy then i'm not too busy. Hope you both have a lovely time xx

Ugh, poor Nina, having to do night shifts! My husband is on night shifts too for the next 4 nights. I really don't know how you shift workers manage...

I don't stray although I am sorely tempted... I try to keep myself busy, not just with intellectual stuff (studying) but also crafts and DIY. I'm currently painting an old chipboard cabinet with Annie Sloan paint: I forget about being "hungry" then :)

What's Annie Sloan paint?

Nights are ok well unless theyre really busy of course, not been too bad so far been called out to a and e twice but only had to see 1 person so can't complain but still for 4 1/2 hours to go also helps the buzzing too coz i couldnt sleep tonight if i tried too much energy haha although u wouldnt catch me painting i'd prob end up reading if i was at home.

Any nice plans for the rest of the week book worm?

Annie Sloan is a make of chalk paint. It gives a rough, rustic finish and is particularly useful because you don't need to sand or prime what you're painting :)

I take it you're a paramedic Nina? Your shift must be over now: you can go home and sleep :) How many hours of sleep do you manage during the day?

I'll be exhausted all day I fear... But I won't lounge in bed as I know that otherwise it's a vicious circle...

My husband is working today and the whole weekend so I'll probably work on my thesis, do some more DIY and enjoy the warmth and sun :) How about everyone else? X

Back