I am back and so so so happy!

BMI 27 thats fantastic - you are really on a roll - and "normal" size clothes too - we could fall out very soon! My DH told me today he couldn't see a difference :sigh:. He said its coming off too gradually...gradually - i don't think it could g much quicker if I was cutting limbs off,,,hey theres an idea!

I know just what you mean about larger ladies clothes - they don't seem to get the cut right - can't wait for something to hang right.

I hope you don't mind my saying this Bessie, but your husband was very insensitive to say something like that to you. This diet is hard enough as it is! Don't listen to him, it must show by now! Do you measure yourself? My first CDC (she was great, I miss her!) cut a ribbon the same size as my waist when I first started. I still have it, and now I can tie it around my behind! This is a concrete proof of my weightloss and it helps a lot. Could you do the same? And tell your husband to shut it, lol.

As for the clothes, I think it's because they're designed with slim women in mind. If you go to Evans, the clothes there (especially the trousers) fit much better.

I seem to be on a roll and I fully enjoy it because I live in fear of the next plateau. The last time I did CD, I had one where I lost 1lb in 3 weeks :confused: It was awful, I almost gave up (thank God I didn't!).

I can honestly say that clothes are a great help in this diet. Going to H&M and being to try on any clothes I want was ace. I didn't decide to lose weight in order to get nice clothes but it doesn't hurt. It gives you something real to notice your weightloss. How are your clothes on you right now?

Well done on the 3lbd woo you are doing soooo well!!!

The ribbon idea sounds fantastic, what a way to spur you on and see just how well you've done.

Completely understand the clothing issue. I knew when I'd hit rock bottom when I could zip, squeeze, flatten, push any part of my body parts into any 'normal' shop clothes anymore. I was telling myself I was an 18 when really I was a 20/22. I'm getting there slowly, I've always had big boobs so never really minded being bigger top size but ohhhh how I long to fit (not squeeze) into a nice pair of size 12 jeans. Roll on the next few months!!! :)))

Start weight 16 stone 8.5 lbs
Messed about with WW
Start LL 29.4.13 16st 3 lbs
WK 1 - 8lbs
WK2 - 3lbs
WK2.5 - started CD lost another 2lbs

Total 18.5 lbs

yup I have a ribbon - its about 7 inches too,long now. You are right he was insensitive - but he didn't mean it nastily - and I do get what he means - when you are this big it takes an awful lot of lbs for it to make a significant difference. My clothes are definitely looser - but not down a size yet - mainly because like Kathrine above I have zipped, squeeze, flatten, push my body parts into my stretchy clothes - and stretched them almost beyond the realms of possibility!! Roll on the autumn when I can fit into size 16 downwards again.

Last time I got away without a single plateau - lost 3 or more every week except 2 and those were a 2 (followed by a 7) and then a 1 the week before my op. Goodness only knows how I will cope if I plateau this time.

I've switched back into domestic nightmare mode again now - can't stop cooking goodies - 2 chocolate cheesecakes, 1 banoffee pie(first i've ever made) and macaroons (the plain almond ones not the french ones), all in the last 2 days. And all without a lick of the spoon or my fingers. Youngest has a cake sale at school on Friday so need to get started on things for that too.

Right better go and supervise the munching and make sure they eat their chilli before tucking onto the pie!!

Lol @ Bessie have you become a feeder!!

Start weight 16 stone 8.5 lbs
Messed about with WW
Start LL 29.4.13 16st 3 lbs
WK 1 - 8lbs
WK2 - 3lbs
WK2.5 - started CD lost another 2lbs

Total 18.5 lbs

Bessie, it's harder to see when you have more to lose. After all, look at it in terms of % of body loss. You're clearly losing really nicely and next time your husband says something like that, you should make sure how much it hurts and how discouraging it is. We're already really harsh with ourselves and we don't need other people to be as well, especially people we love and look up to for help and encouragement. I really think your husband will not have realised how hurtful it sounded to you :( But you know that we on here are 100% cheering you on :D You'll become a role model sooner than you think :D I bet some newcomers are already looking up to you and your fantastic losses :D You go Bessie.

Well ladies, I'm glad I'm not the only one who used to squeeze in my jeans. It took me ages as well to go down a size because I wasn't being honest with myself at the time. Now I have another dilemma: because I don't know how clothes are supposed to fit, I never know if the clothes I buy are too tight or too baggy. :confused: And I have the added problem of having a "slim" waist and a big bum... So trousers are either too baggy at the waist or too tight around the bum... That's why I prefer A-line skirts and dresses :D So on top I now wear 14 but on my bottom half, a size 16... :rolleyes: Better than the size 24 anyway, eh?

Oh Bessie, you do make me laugh :D I overfeed my husband too but I think he'd complain if I told him about all the delicious things you cook your family! :D I never make enough chocolate cakes according to him :D I'd tell him to bake his own d*mn cake but I am actually flattered that he likes my cakes so much :) (plus he wouldn't be able to bake anything, so it's safer if I do it :D ) Soon, it's your husband who'll end up on CWP :D

Oh, I forgot to mention something: FAO anyone interested: I bought a £6 tummy control spanx type underwear in Primark the other. It works really well. It doesn't compress as much as more expensive brand but it smoothes my tummy apron quite well. They have the full body ones but I chose the one that cinch the waist :)

with you there - finally got to sleep at 5 am this morning - just as well I had cancelled the kids before school tennis as they were throwing up last night!

What have you got on for the next few days? Just work and gym induction (!!) for me, oh yes and karate for 2 hours tonight

I was very nervous all through this week not because of sick kids (like you Bessie :D ) but because I had a job interview for a job I really wanted.

AND I GOT IT!!!!! :D

Gym induction? Go you!!! I want to start a new Jillian Michaels DVD soon, I love her DVDs :)

I am so relieved to finally have a job again! I sent so many applications and was starting to think I'd never find anything :)

I can relax now :D

Fantastic- congratulations. You must be thrilled

'Thrilled' is the exact word Bessie. I'm very excited but it's also slightly daunting as the teacher I'm replacing has been there for 2 decades!!!!!! But I love a challenge :)

Now I'm even more determined to lose at least a stone before September as I don't want to be the dowdy, fat, frumpy teacher again. I'm only 30 for crying out loud!

And am I allowed to say a salary will be most welcome to start my new thin wardrobe? :-D

30 - you youngster. What do you teach? when do you start? So nosy! At the weight you are now you are not the dowdy fat frumpy one - let alone when you have another stone off! Having a miserable day today - I am feeling really fat and frumpy - have no clothes that fit (threw them all out last time) and just want some loose, baggy, decent material T-shirts preferably with a v or scoop neck cos the high necks make me look even more ginormous. Trouble is can't find any that aren't paper thin or stick to my tummy and I hate that.

Hi Bessie (and everyone :) ) I teach languages at secondary school level :) I am so relieved I finally have a job in September! This year at home was good in the sense that I got a lot of work done on my research, but it is boring to be home all the time. And I won't mention the lack of money for some little luxuries now and then... :rolleyes:

I get what you mean about not finding anything that fits. When I was obese, I would go out, buy a nice t-shirt or top or vest and then, after sitting in it for a few minutes, my big belly would stretch the fabric and I would end up with a shapeless garment :( Have you looked in M&S for t-shirts or other tops? I like M&S for staples.

Are you feeling better now? These fat days are awful, it makes the diet feel completely worthless. I know when I have one of those days, it feels like this diet will never end, that'll I'll always be overweight and that I might as well stuff my face. It doesn't help that my clothes don't fit either: I'm in between sizes and don't want to buy too many clothes as I know I won't keep them long. I'm having such a day today when I can't bear to look in the mirror :( And I have to wait 2 weeks for my WI as I couldn't have it yesterday :(

Hopefully the weather will improve and my mood with it! Have you noticed how cheerier we are when the sun is shining?

Helloooooo bookworm im so pleased to see you're back :) I'm back today woohoo although i didnt do as well as you i gained just over 1 1/2 stones since Feb but it shall be off. Its lovely to see that you're enjoying your new body and all the good things that come with it, the pure fact you maintained for so without trying shows you that'll you be a slim jim from now on :)

So happy to see you back on here Nina :D I wouldn't say I maintained without trying: you should ask my husband what a cow I was when trying to reign in my chocolate binge eating while PMSing :eek: The good thing is that I have clearly identified what triggers binge eating session in my day to day life. Obviously, like most people, I am actually not hungry when I binge eat. But not giving in to my binges meant I had more time to spend on understanding why I felt the need to binge in the first place.

I still have my moments, mind you! Like this bank holiday weekend, I wasn't very good :confused: But I learnt to live with it and I am back on my trusted Step 2 now :)

1 stone regain isn't much hunny! It could have been much much worse. You caught it on time and I look forward to your future losses :D

To answer your question on my other thread: yes, we are very comfy in our house now :) And now that I finally have a job lined up for September, we'll be able to do some of the work we wanted to have done. I would like some new floors throughout the house, that is a big one for us. And a garden (currently gravel and ugly cement slabs) with grass :) So mainly just cosmetic, but it is quite exciting knowing we'll be able to save for these luxuries :)

Are you back on Step 3 again? If I remember correctly, you couldn't go lower because of medication? Will you start a new thread/diary? You're more than welcome to hang around here :D

Oooooh how exciting for you all these lovely things upcoming :)

Still got my old diary just changed the title to it being a restart. Yep on step 4 coz of being on Warfarin but had a bummer today been diagnosed with cellulitis of my legs/feet and well i had kankles at the end of pregnancy and this is twice as big its bloody painful so got lovely antibiotics but been told got to have carbs tonight as theyre giving me a one off double dose grrrr but what's one meal of carbs in the grand scheme of things, ive been pleasantly surprised that i havent been hungry as of yet infact up until going docs ive just had my 1 tetra and not even a hint of a tummy grumble which is very unusual for me

What is cellulitis? It looks really painful! I hope it goes away soon! And yes, do take your meds with food if that's what the doc says! The diet is there to make you feel better, not worse! And your cellulitis has to come first.

I'll go back to subscribing to your diary :) Something else to take my mind off food hehe.

Yes we're very blessed that we can have these things done. It gives us some little projects for until we can start thinking about bigger ones, like mini bookworms :D

Yesterday, I started grazing again... Ugh what is wrong with me? I think I can write off a decent loss next WI. annoying really as it'd have been 2 weeks worth of WI and it could have been really good. Oh well...

I am feeling really down today :( I weighed myself this morning as I was too impatient to wait till my next WI. I am 1lb heavier than I was last WI :confused: I know I was a bit silly over the bank holiday weekend :eek: but usually the weight goes off really fast. We're a week later and I am still 1lb too heavy :confused: I have an inkling I have hit yet another plateau :( I hate plateaus, it's so hard to keep motivated. All I want to do now is just enjoy our weekend (for once, husband and I have a weekend together!) and eat the yummy food I'm cooking :(

Back