I am dreading my 2nd weigh in tonight after a rubbish 1st weigh in

vicibrown

So, last week I had my first weigh in and lost a measly 1lb. I honestly felt like I hadn't lost anything so I guess that's better than nothing.

I've got my second weigh in tonight and I have the same feeling, like I haven't lost anything. I've followed the plan and had anywhere from 5-12 syns a day. Going to be really disappointed tonight if I have a repeat of last week. I thought it was supposed to come off easily in the beginning!

How much do you have to lose?

The rate of weightloss completely depends on the individual. And what does tend to happen is that everyone evens out/catches up eventually. So you'll have the people losing mammoth amounts in their first weeks like 4-5lbs a week and then STS for weeks on end. You then have other people who are Steady Eddies and lose consistently at 1-2lbs a week and continue to do so week in/week out. SW is a very personal journey and if you keep in plan it DOES work so I would try not to get too het up about what other people are doing.

I think a 1lb loss is to be commended. Isn't it better than having gained? If you lost 1lb every week you'd have lost 26lbs in six months.

I also would try and go to WI this evening with an open mind. The figure on the scales is what counts so rather than getting emotional over something you are merely speculating on, why don't you wait until actual Weigh-In and see what happens? If you're then unhappy have a word with your Consultant and see what she recommends.

How much do you have to lose?

The rate of weightloss completely depends on the individual. And what does tend to happen is that everyone evens out/catches up eventually. So you'll have the people losing mammoth amounts in their first weeks like 4-5lbs a week and then STS for weeks on end. You then have other people who are Steady Eddies and lose consistently at 1-2lbs a week and continue to do so week in/week out. SW is a very personal journey and if you keep in plan it DOES work so I would try not to get too het up about what other people are doing.

I think a 1lb loss is to be commended. Isn't it better than having gained? If you lost 1lb every week you'd have lost 26lbs in six months.

I also would try and go to WI this evening with an open mind. The figure on the scales is what counts so rather than getting emotional over something you are merely speculating on, why don't you wait until actual Weigh-In and see what happens? If you're then unhappy have a word with your Consultant and see what she recommends.

Lots of very well made points there! I've got 2 stone to lose, I guess I was just really disheartened last week after putting so much effort into cooking lots of SW meals from their recipe books it felt like it was hardly worth all that effort! I'll just have to see what tonight brings and I mikght go back to red/green days. I did those last time I did SW and they worked really well for me.

Lots of very well made points there! I've got 2 stone to lose, I guess I was just really disheartened last week after putting so much effort into cooking lots of SW meals from their recipe books it felt like it was hardly worth all that effort! I'll just have to see what tonight brings and I mikght go back to red/green days. I did those last time I did SW and they worked really well for me.

Aw I know, and I do understand, I lost 2.5lbs in my first week and then nothing in Week 2 and 1/2lb in Week 3 - so I do understand your frustration! I was thinking 3lbs in three weeks and everyone else in Group seemed to be losing lots. :sigh2: We all seem to be pretty much evening out now though. I do think there is a period of adjustment for some people in knowing what does and doesn't work for them.

As such, if you got results before from doing alternate Red/Green days then that's what you should do again. Or, try and remain patient/confident and EE will work for you. Do you keep a food diary? It's a great way of really keeping an eye on exactly what you're eating and it means you can share it here on Minimins if you find you're still struggling. Do also watch your portions. I know some people will argue that this isn't one of the cornerstones of SW but if you eat enough pasta then of course swift weightloss will be impeded.

Let us know how you get on tonight, you might be pleasantly surprised x

1lb loss the first week week after going off plan with the drink is great, I don't understand why you are not pleased with that.

Good luck for tonights weigh in, if you have been 100% on plan this week you should get a loss, one or two pounds a week is a steady and good way to get to target.

I dont really understand the EE plan I much prefer the idea of red and green perhaps thats me just being stuck in my ways!

1lb loss the first week week after going off plan with the drink is great, I don't understand why you are not pleased with that.

Good luck for tonights weigh in, if you have been 100% on plan this week you should get a loss, one or two pounds a week is a steady and good way to get to target.

Thanks rootsfran, I was just disappointed because I was hoping for more and hoped I'd made up for it with some body magic and low syns after! This week I have been 100% on plan :)

Well done that's great. I've been 100% for 4 weeks but had a mouth operation on Monday and although I'm on plan I'm hardly eating (because I can't) I'm distraught that my weight has not moved a single ounce but I'm not well n my body is trying to heal so as long as I stick to healthy food n on plan I'll keep going hopefully as soon as I'm well enough it'll start coming off again. I understand how frustrating it is tho.

Yay! 3.5 off! Obviously worrying about nothing, sorry for moaning earlier I feel quite sheepish now...

Sorry!!!!! :-D

lol well done! You obviously had a better week than you thought you'd had! The thing with SW is that, if you follow plan it WILL come off. Some faster than others, and sometimes you'll find you lose when you feel you shouldn't - and on occasions you might gain though you wonder why! Within a few weeks you will know what your 'limits' are with pushing the boundaries too. I found in the first few weeks my loss was quick and fairly easy - and its slowed down a little now x

My own personal opinion, but i think that EE is the best. In my first week i lost 9lb and my secret was no bread or cereal at all. carbsa re the worst.

I lost half a pound in my first week and was gutted! In fact I had to leave class as I started crying and blubbed all the way home :eek:. Then proceeded to break my heart for a further hour! The second week I lost 3lb and last week 1.5, so I'm back on track and cooking on gas. In fact I found out at the Drs yesterday that the new tablets I had been given cause water retention,but this time I wasn't going to give up whatever!
I too have done red and green in the past, but to be honest, if I am" hand on heart" sticking to the plan, then I lose the same amount on all of them.

Back