I am feeling every LB i have put on

Mrs JJ

My back aches
My knees ache
My ankles ache
I don't walk I limp
I don't walk I waddle
I get out of breath walking up the stairs
I try and find any excuse to bus it everywhere, even if it means me sitting in the dark and cold for 30 minutes for a bus when the walk home takes 15-20 minutes

I work at the bottom of a steep hill which takes 10 minutes max to walk up but I keep asking for a lift up the hill because it hurts my back walking up there, even though I know I can do it.

I am 45 but feel 65

I was 10 stone 29 years ago, I now weigh 21 stone

How do I start?

Hi Mrs JJ, Good question that!
Just had a quick look thro' all you threads since a while back and seems you keep coming up with all the old faux pas we all make from time to time.. better to take a good look at what you really want to achieve and get to it without a lot of the old excuses which I know is easier said than done.
Treat your lapses as just a blip and then quickly move on without making yourself feel guilty and a failure because that just leads you to continue to comfort eat.
Wait until you are 80 (like moi) and you'll realise that then there's no going back or getting those joints to work without the scrunches.. you're in the prime of you life lady.. get your finger out and DO IT!

Small steps and small goals is the advice I can offer. I keep falling off the wagon when I stop planning my food. Doing a menu is so beneficial and its what I advise others but often fail to do myself! Make each stone you want to lose a goal and make your final goal realistic. Dont always wish to look like you did 29 years ago as all it will do is upset you and make you feel you failed. Keep a picture on the fridge by all means but don't keep dwelling on the past, think of your future.

For exercise, buy a cheap pedometer and start by measuring a typical days steps and aim to increase it by 500 steps every week/few days. Slow progress but will make you feel better and positive in no time!

Good luck x

I have to agree with all the above,both OP and replies. Ladies we have to suck it up and get on with it. This is my year for Tough love, hoping it works where other things haven't (tough love for myself not all you lot of lovelies) I was 50 this year and I made a decision that I was going to be a flaming' fab 50 yr old so I need to get off my ar5e and make it so! Good luck everyone x

I am feeling the stone I gained since late last year. I had kept a target weight for over a year, now clothes are tight- I refuse to go up a size.

Back