I am going to ride that Donkey!

SimonC

I have just booked a family holiday in Egypt and one of the activities is a Donkey treck accross the desert. There is a weight limit for riding the donkey of 13st and I am 15st 7lb. Or at least I was on 6th of Jan when I joined Slimming world. My first week saw a 6lb loss and I am due to weigh in tomorrow morning. I have just 12 weeks to get below 13st if I fail I will have to take 'THE FAT CAB' This is not an option I WILL RIDE THE DONKEY.

Hey my donkey riding friend, Egypt is one of my favorite places, lots of sun and no clouds!

Ive just noticed our stats are very similar..... ill race you!

Good to hear from you. I am new to this whole forum thing but just feel I need all the help and support available. I have been overweight for far too long and feel this is my moment to win. I am very focussed on the SW diet but need to stay in the zone. Any ideas?

Having only been on the diet for a week so far, unfort I cant offer tips on longevity quite yet, but Im trying not to be quite so focused or obsessed about the amount of weight this time. My staying power is very much effected by the amount of times I visit the scales, so im going to limit to once a week (if i can!)

I agree that the visits to the scales should be minimised. I have been tempted but managed to resist. Tomorrow mornining is the end of week 2 I'll let you know how it goes. When are you next due to weigh in?

A full week now, weigh in was this morning at the end of week 1. Finding this forum today has been a big pick me up, im still at the headache stage as my body gets used to less junk (i guess) I think on a normal day, I live off caffine and suger, so its a big change mentally and physically.

All the best for tomorrow and remember that the weight loss wont be as big as week one, so dont disheartened at all. Ive been told that people usually have an adjustment week on the second, after the release of toxins and extra water etc.

I weighed in this morning and I lost 2 lbs which considering the 7lb lost last week is OK. I am looking at this as 9lb in 2 weeks which is actually pretty amazing and If I can keep up this level of motivation and comitment to the plan I will reach my Donkey riding target in time.

9lbs in 2 weeks is amazing! I reckon with your commitment you should loose a stone in your first month!!!!!

now wouldnt that be fab!!!

I think it is time to cosider some exercise. Perhaps a gentle jog round the block for starters. Has anyone got any brilliant excercise ideas?

Back