I am looking for support

PennyJane

This is my second week on the Cambridge Diet though the first week was marred by a nasty throat infection. This week I have done well considering my children have been off school. Despite this I've taken them out almost every day and been quite active really. The problem is that I suffer with anxiety and it's usually food which helps calm me down.

I have cheated today though on cheese: a good matchbox sized portion.

Will this make a huge difference as I am supposed to be on SS+??

Last edited:
Hi Penny Jane, I tried to PM you just wanted to run through a few things with you re: anxiety, it says PM is blocked x

Hi Penny Jane, I tried to PM you just wanted to run through a few things with you re: anxiety, it says PM is blocked x

Hi Sarah :)

The Pm facility for PennyJane will be blocked until she has made enough posts. I will pop back with the link for you both that gives the info :D

Thank you Isis for the information, that's really kind :)

Here you go girls....see below, and Penny, I will go and find you some links to threads on our site that talk about anxiety and how other members have dealt with it :D

:sign0144:When you are a newbie

You are in a group which has no avatar, limited signature space, no Private messaging other members, no sending email to other members and you cannot upload images to the gallery.

Members can post weight loss ticker link into your signature on joining.

Here is a link with step by step instructions to show you how to do it...

http://www.minimins.com/tutorials/19...ctory-com.html (How to setup a weight loss ticker on Tickerfactory.com)

You need the bb code here for ticker and graphics to work.

When you reach 20 posts you get avatar privileges and a larger signature space and can upload images to the gallery.

When you reach 50 posts, you get even more signature space, and private messaging and emailing is enabled.

You need at least 50 posts for your profile page.

You also need 50 posts to post links. You may not post links to personal business sites or personal websites with advertising or websites that are in competition with MiniMins.

I hope you understand the privileges that you will receive for being a long term poster.

This is my second week on the Cambridge Diet though the first week was marred by a nasty throat infection. This week I have done well considering my children have been off school. Despite this I've taken them out almost every day and been quite active really. The problem is that I suffer with anxiety and it's usually food which helps calm me down.

I have cheated today though on cheese: a good matchbox sized portion.

Will this make a huge difference as I am supposed to be on SS+??

No, it won't make a huge difference. You'll stay in ketosis, although the salt in the cheese might make you gain water temporarily. But if you absolutely have to snack, you're much better off with chicken, tuna in spring water, quorn, etc... It isn't just about the carbs - it's about the fat content (and therefore the calorie content).

Anyway, well done for not doing any further damage - and well done you for keeping going even though you were poorly. :D

penny jane, you will find it good to come on here and talk, the other day i was having a really stressful day, i came on line and although i did not feel wonderful when i left it, it had stopped me eating the fridge, when i spoke to my CDC the following day she said it was my bad habbits creeping back in because i was stressed, I also have suffered with panic attacks in the past and had to have counselling, now i have learnt what starts me on the spiral path and i move myself away i have learnt relaxation tech and i also listen to hypnothapy CD quite a bit, paul mc kenna has one called trance which i find excellant. if you ever want to pm me feel free

Aww thank you so much all of you! I feel really welcomed by you all and comforted by your words of support.

Tomorrow is a new day!!

love to all xx

how is it going today pennyjane? x

Not sure I should be posting today as I feel crap! I'm not in a good mood but doing well with diet.

Basically I've had a few problems 'going' and took some laxatives last night. My OH had a dicky tummy yesterday and I think I have it today - terrible tummy pains and i'll leave the rest to your imagination.

Nevertheless I've tried to carry on as normal but he has winged, whined, and moaned too much. And what gets me the most is that he is always ill with something!!!! Grrrrrr!!!! There's me thriving on 615 kcals, I feel weak and tired but still continue.

Sorry for the moan but this bloke really needs a kick up the aris. Sorry xx

penny if you took laxatives you might find that is what is causing the tummy aches, i had the same problem a few weeks ago felt like crap, had a sore stomach had not gone for over a week so took so laxatives and OMG the next day could not leave the house lol

Perhaps you are right HuggyBear.

My tummy feels better today and am going to get some linseeds and fibresure so that I don't get like that again. I do feel that I got worse once I'd started to introduce the bars.

Today I feel really tired still, just sitting here is tiring! Perhaps it's due to yesterday's bathroom breaks?! lol. Should I still be feeling this tired? I get dizzy just standing up...

Hi all, talking of laxatives i took a couple 24hrs before flying out to rome over a week ago. they didnt kick in that day but did kick in just as we got on the plane to take off and then we were waiting in a queue for take off for 35 minutes, then it took forever for the seatbelt light to go out and i was sitting at the window. It was agony and most embarrassing when i had to make everyone get up to let me get to the loo 3 times! The shame! funny now but at the time i was most uncomfortable! lol

Penny it sounds like you might have a virus to me, cd shouldnt make you feel like that now. drink lots of fluids and make sure you have all your packs and if you dont feel any better tomorrow perhaps pop to the docs for a check-up. you can't take risks with your health while on a vlcd. xx

Back