i am not losing weight :-(

elleceejay

hi everybody,

hope you're havig a a lovely morning! I have a bit of aproblem.... this is my 3rd week on sw and I havent lost a bean. I have been really sticking 100% to the diet but am hitting the stage now were I just feel like jacking it in as I am getting so im patient with it now, has anybody else experienced this? all I seem to here is all these success stories( which I am delight to hear) but I feel so fed up.

Hi. WElcome to the boards

I can understand that you must be very frustrated.

Are you following the plan yourself at home or going to class? IF at home are your scales acurate? I've just been through 4 lots of scales to get a set that actually read the same each time you step on them!

Are you weighing yourself at the same time each week before breakfast? After breakfast? - evening and then morning?

Do you NOT have an awful lot to lose - and have already been following a diet regime so can't cut back from fried foods to healthier foods etc.

Are you writing everything down and checking it exactly against the book - if you've been doing the plan a long time have you been measuring what you supposed to measure and weigh - these little things make a difference.

Have you had your syns?

Have you been advised by your consultant - do you stay to class to discuss it with others in the class?

years ago I did SW and only lost 1lb in my first week which I was upset about and the consultant said I shouldn;'t have bananas (x 2 & x 3) per day and cut out grapes and cherries - I also cut out the banans and upped veg and apples and oranges for a week and lost 7lb's.

HTS - hope I haven't gone on too much, just trying to help a bit don't want you to give up because you can do this and it will work for you too.

Do you keep a food diary? Could you post a few days worth of your meals/snacks/syns? What plan are you doing? (Green/red/EE). If we had some more info we could maybe suggest things to try.

Hi Time2beslim,

thank you kindly for your reply. I am doing the plan at home myself (lots of the girls I work with go to meetings and they are helping me and sharing tips etc) I have been eating fruit in abundance esp apples, oranges and grapefruti which I believe to be a superfruit or superspeed? I dont really have alot to lose (I am 9st 5ft 6 and a size 10) but like everybody I very much have my wee wobbly bits that I want to shift and I have been using sw to maintain a healthy eating plan rather than do silly things like not eat properly or take diet pills I am still wanting to not let it get the better of me but I am keen to see some results but I like how you mention the scales issue as I think that coukld be part of the prob, even tho I only weigh myself the once ( and get so excited about doing it at my weigh in day) my scales may not be accurate so will have to look into that!!!

Thank you soooooo much for your help xx

Hi, I put 1lb on in my first week! followed the plan 100%. did a diary to show consultant and all she could say was dont eat bananas or muller yogurt! was absolutely gutted. Did sw a few years ago and jacked in because it made me feel so bloated. Gonna give it another go this week and see how i get on.
Lesley

Hi Time2beslim,

thank you kindly for your reply. I am doing the plan at home myself (lots of the girls I work with go to meetings and they are helping me and sharing tips etc) I have been eating fruit in abundance esp apples, oranges and grapefruti which I believe to be a superfruit or superspeed? I dont really have alot to lose (I am 9st 5ft 6 and a size 10) but like everybody I very much have my wee wobbly bits that I want to shift and I have been using sw to maintain a healthy eating plan rather than do silly things like not eat properly or take diet pills I am still wanting to not let it get the better of me but I am keen to see some results but I like how you mention the scales issue as I think that coukld be part of the prob, even tho I only weigh myself the once ( and get so excited about doing it at my weigh in day) my scales may not be accurate so will have to look into that!!!

Thank you soooooo much for your help xx

That sounds like its at the bottom end of the healthy weight range and so if you dont have more than 7 pound to lose, SW isn't designed for you so that may be why?

another in agreement that you are at a good weight and size ................ BUT toning up is probably what you need to do. Can you go to a gym where they might be able to suggest specific exercises to tone up your blobby bits?

Whatever you decide GOOD LUCK -how we all wish we had done something about our weight when we had little blobby bits.

:)

i can only echo what the others have said, thats why youv been able to use sw to maintain successfully- but in order to lose, you have to have it too loose.. i appreciate your not happy though, but think your only option may be a proper 'diet' like low cal or ww??

Do you actually need to lose weight at all ? Or is it really more a case of toning up ? If it is toning up that you need, concentrate more on the exercise than what you're eating (sorry if thats obvious). Well done for being at a healthy weight, its something that alot of us are aspiring to !

so if you're not losing then no bananas or muller yoghurt?...why a re they in the plan if the SW group leaders tell you not to have them, it just more and more confusing the more you read about it??

Id love to be 9 stone :)

Best doing some training - im doing a mix of SW and excercise at I havent got that much too loose. But at 9 stone which is my ultimate target weight I doubt you will loose much tbh.

maybe the group leader should have recognised this and should have told you maybe you just need toning up,im in weight watchers my first week was last week and i lost 3 pounds,i ate 1to 2 bananas every day,toffe crisps,mars bars lol but i kept it all within my points system which is 29 a day,and 49 extra every week,i did s/w not to long ago but it wasnt for me,this is my second time back with w/w the first time i lost 2 stone but that was with the old point system but now it is a new point system,very much like s/w but a lot easier to follow i think.so im hoping mabe 3/4 pounds of next week fingers crossed

mrscowell said:
maybe the group leader should have recognised this and should have told you maybe you just need toning up,im in weight watchers my first week was last week and i lost 3 pounds,i ate 1to 2 bananas every day,toffe crisps,mars bars lol but i kept it all within my points system which is 29 a day,and 49 extra every week,i did s/w not to long ago but it wasnt for me,this is my second time back with w/w the first time i lost 2 stone but that was with the old point system but now it is a new point system,very much like s/w but a lot easier to follow i think.so im hoping mabe 3/4 pounds of next week fingers crossed

Dont think the OP goes to a group :)

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

so if you're not losing then no bananas or muller yoghurt?...why a re they in the plan if the SW group leaders tell you not to have them, it just more and more confusing the more you read about it??

No you don't need to stop eating them! I think we are talking moderation here as even free foods have the ability to affect your losses if eaten to excess. I know we don't do calories but a mullerlight is 100 calories and if you are eating a lot every day then the calories will soon mount up. I knew of someone who swore they were following the plan 100% but were not losing. Turned out they were having 10 mullerlights a day - 1000 calories just in snacks! So no wonder they were not losing. They were following the letter of the plan because mullerlights are syn free, but not the spirit which is moderation in all things.

Got to agree with Circes point above, but this really could be emphasised more in group and books etc. My consultant always says "if it's free, it's free!" which may be true but doesn mean you should eat 10 mullers a day! X

Turned out they were having 10 mullerlights a day

:yuk: I struggle to eat one now. Loved them for the first two weeks, now I struggle to even look at a yoghurt.

Back