I am NOT Responsible for other People's Happiness

I can sadly relate to this....one of my friends keeps dropping in little snide comments like "it's gonna be weird when you're the thin one!" meaning that I'm not gonna be the fat ugly one any more...so insensitive.

And then a few days ago I arranged a goodbye party for one of my colleagues (which involved making and preparing ALL the food) and everyone else kept badgering me to eat something, even one of my other colleagues who is supposedly on CD! (I'm 100% but he was picking at peanuts and cheese and such). In the end I got quite pissed off with it all, why can't they just leave me be?!

Rant over :p

I think the real truth is that when you start losing weight, your friends, co-workers and family members start re-examining their own relationship to food. Sometimes, maybe they realize their own situation isn't so healthy, and they react by trying to sabotage or making back-biting comments. Often people don't like in others what they least like in themselves, so it makes sense that watching someone lose weight would provoke feelings of jealousy.

Back