I am officially with u.......

Tinkerbellarella

overworked underpaid mum!
Monday is here. My pack and email is not. I trust it will be here later, water on standby, panic button on (joke) other half warned that if he teases me i will kick him in the danglies. Oh hum. Hi! ;)

Have your packs arrived yet??

Yep :) i emailed to chase it and they replied within 5 mins and it was here within the hour :)

Yay.... welcome to the journey keep us posted how you get on...

Will do, i slightly slipped today mind, i've ended up having a bl bar ( that i managed to forget about!grrr) a strawberry shake and a exante bar so that is me done for the day. Water and coke zero for tea....

Good luck!

Keep us updated on how yo get on :)

well i am now well into day 2. hmmm those bars really are NOT nice! especially when my other half said, wow a squirrel poop in every bite! charming!lol been hungry this evening, like, really hungry :-( i was ok thru the day but yeah, now i feel like i could eat a scabby horse. well it'd be low in carbs no doubt! really want the night to pass quickly, take some melatonin and get to sleep. what's pushing me on is that my first day wi saw me drop 4lbs, so that has really spurred me on. the first day was the toughest for sure! can't wait for ketosis to kick in then hopefully it will be easier!

It'll get easier and as your tastes buds come to life you'll like things you never used to and go off things you did! It's weird but sugar plays such a big part in what we taste that without it in your diet your tastes will change.

Stick with it. Good luck :)

Oh i intend to stick with it, the need to lose this weight in stronger than my distaste for the shakes. I think. Bullion went down well, i've had 2 cups, can't find a limit or it anywhere :( so had no more. The choc one is my fav so far, i am wanting to try a soup still, so may have to get one or two

Tinkerbellarella said:
Oh i intend to stick with it, the need to lose this weight in stronger than my distaste for the shakes. I think. Bullion went down well, i've had 2 cups, can't find a limit or it anywhere :( so had no more. The choc one is my fav so far, i am wanting to try a soup still, so may have to get one or two

When I started I did lighter life- similar to this but More expensive :) but LL recommend only one cup a day if the bouillon to keep the carbs intake low I guess.

Dr pepper zero and duet coke zero are also ok on this diet and keep me going most evenings when I'm looking for something different. Also try a peppermint tea at breakfast took me a while but I actually look forward to it these days :)

I am not too bothered on day 2, yesterday i ended up having one extra bar having forfotten the bl bar i had in the morning. I will remember that for future days though, thanks. I feel really tired, drained and stuff this evening. Hunger seems to be a pang that lasts a few mins but my temper is really short. I could cause harm to my irratating other half! Grrr

Tinkerbellarella said:
I am not too bothered on day 2, yesterday i ended up having one extra bar having forfotten the bl bar i had in the morning. I will remember that for future days though, thanks. I feel really tired, drained and stuff this evening. Hunger seems to be a pang that lasts a few mins but my temper is really short. I could cause harm to my irratating other half! Grrr

I wouldn't worry too much if you need AB extra bar or shake in the first week to get you over the hard days ....I did the same and lost 7 pounds ..... It's better I think than caving in .....

Hope today goes well ... Hang in there x

Hi Tinkerbellarella (Tink for short..please? :) ) A tip I found to make the shakes more palatable is to use chilled water (I leave it in the fridge overnight and have a shake for breakfast) and a stick blender to mix it.
Either my tastebuds have changed to accommodate them, or they really DO taste lovely now! I even enjoy the vanilla one..and that truly tasted like wallpaper paste before...
Good luck - enjoy!

Hehe that's cool Tink is fine :) yes i will give that a go. Vanilla ones go in my morning coffee, tis like a thick warm latte. Yummy!

Hi everyone, I too am on day 3 and praying for ketosis - where ar you??
I have stuck to shake for lunch, soup for evening meal (joke !) and another shake for munchie time in evening. Trying to avoid bars until next week just to hopefully have a great start - have totally avoided my scale as want to have a weigh in to look forward to, how sad is that!! Think I hav felt more hungry today but determined to do it this time, hopefully we can support each other xx

See i wonder about ketosis. I am so mega hot all year round that usually i only feel the cold when i am ill. So to be more chilled sounds fab. But end of day 3 it isn't here yet i don't think. I def still have hunger, it's less and it's more pangs now than wanting to eat a small child! I find i am sniffing food more. As if to trick my mind. It's like, i've had it before, i know how it tastes Nd the smell brings nice thoughts. Vinegar this evening. Could have drunk the stuff. Possibly not such a great idea mind.

What you need to factor in to this is you are still only consuming a tiny 600 cals a day so the weight will vanish ketosis or not. You can buy ketostix and do a urine dip test to confirm ketosis or just wait a few more days and you'll definitely be there. It depends on how much glycogen your body stores as we're all different.

Hang in there! Weigh in will be worth it :)

Back