Total Solution I am really doing this

Mmm.......that’s strange 🤔

Usually just click on the ticker and it goes straight to the website, enter PIN and update stats.

Can take a while for the updates to appear on here though......sometimes 24 hours for some reason

If you can see the updates on ticker factory it’s been changed, just need to leave it a while before it appears here 😊

Dahl pots unite! I definitely believe in not fixing what ain't broke ... the problem is, my ... brain? Or my tastebuds? Turn on me without warning. I can love something to death one day and be unable to choke it down the next. And this is very much a stupid made up problem that I just have to get over - but I try to keep mixing things up so it doesn't happen, and I keep looking forward to my delicious dahl pot instead of cursing its name.

I have a couple of the double chocolate bars but I haven't tried them yet - in general I don't tend to like chocolate-flavoured diet bars. I don't really care that they don't taste like chocolate, but they tend to taste like something else I don't like. Doesn't mean I don't eat them though ;)

Good luck with your diet plan! Sounds very do-able indeed!

Mmm.......that’s strange 🤔

Usually just click on the ticker and it goes straight to the website, enter PIN and update stats.

Can take a while for the updates to appear on here though......sometimes 24 hours for some reason

If you can see the updates on ticker factory it’s been changed, just need to leave it a while before it appears here 😊

Not only is it updated it there, it's also updated here on my signature page, but not on my signature!

weight.png

WOW, can we say "Gas Attacks"?... I do not know if the stress compacted the already gas-inducing Exante products but yesterday felt like my last day on this earth. I never experienced such gas pains in my life... to the point that it hurt to walk/sit/stand.. basic life functioning stuff. At first I didn't want to take anything for it, but I had a 4 hours meeting where I was very much implicated... Took an express gas-X and it slowly calmed things down. Now I wonder what triggered this awful condition :(
Maple pancakes and Indian Dahl pot was all the products I had, I did have a generous spoonful of psyllium husk to keep things moving along. Also Drank 4L of water yesterday, but had problems eliminating that

When the meeting was finally over I had 1.5 egg omelet with mushrooms, goat cheese and ham. I was able to go to bed no problem and without further aches

Hello ladies (and gents)
Back to my functional self and at home! it was great to see the kids for like 5 minutes last night before they took off for their evening activities, but i won't lie... not having anyone scrutinizing what I'm eating is even nicer!
So the gas attack passed, I think it was brought on by the diet/fiber/coffee and stress - but it's still pretty fresh in my mind!
I'm not sure what I ate yesterday aside from a dahl pot for lunch before heading to the airport... ah yes there was a double gritty chocolate bar just because that's what was at the bottom of my purse

Drank about 2.5 l of water at the office, another 2l of tea in the airport lounge so i hit that - had another peek at the scales and they're still moving down
So I have 2 dilemmas (which aren't really that problematic):
1. which day should I weigh on? Sunday or Monday? I started watching my carb intake on Monday, but it's quite hectic as my flight leaves a bit early and I usually have a problem getting my two feet to work properly let alone remember to weigh in. If I weigh in on Sunday I'm afraid of my willpower....
2. which weight to put as starting the 107.6 which shocked me silly or the 102.8 I saw fleetingly

So the decision has been made, I will weigh on Mondays so there is no legroom for cheats on SUNDAY ( I do not have titanium willpower) I will use the lower weight as the other weight isn't something I've seen in years... I mean I was so shocked I got on the scales 4 times to make sure I was reading the numbers right.
I went out last night for a ladies' night with my closest gal pals as a couple were here for the Film Festival. It was quite nice, I had some seltzer water while they nursed their alcoholic beverages... And I had steak and arugula while everyone else went crazy for pizza and pasta! As well as desserts... I mean they really let loose which is quite unusual in the business (in public I mean) and I hadn't laughed like that in the longest!
Anyway, nice night but today is a new day and so far I had the berry pancakes and the peanut butter delight (which only smells of PB but tastes like cake batter). I've only had 2l of water which is unusual for me, buy I'll put it down to waking up later than usual.

I hope everyone else had a great Saturday and is enjoying their Sunday. I'm about to go through my spring/summer walk-in closet... can we say "nightmare" everyone? My aim is to keep ONLY my current size or lower. Wish me luck

Good luck on your wardrobe clear out. Plenty of clothes for the charity shop hopefully and maybe some items you forgot you even owned but remember loving!

I think you were right to pick Mondays, especially if willpower is an issue. If you don’t weigh in, it’s not the end of the world. I know people who weigh monthly so they see a bigger drop. Weighing too early could however have a damaging effect.

Good luck for tomorrow morning. Monday’s are my weigh in day :)

Weigh in - 98.6 - so 9lbs in all and I’m quite happy as I’m back in the overweight range.
My focus now will be to get to the “healthy” part of that scale.
A particularly happy NSV - yesterday cleaning out my summer closet, I tried on things which fit tightly at about the same weight and fall perfectly this year. It makes me wonder if when we lose weight on the scales, it takes longer (6mths-1 year) for the body to truly register and redistribute the weight evenly.

Just my thoughts as I’m able to fit in clothes I couldn’t fit I at a much lower weight.
Now to get rid of da flab... :rolleyes:

Wow, a month has passed since I last checked in this diary

Well, I am "officially" doing the man plan. I'm using it to keep myself in check as May and June are very lethal months for me (birthdays, christening, wedding season, the lot basically) and I do find that 5-6 weeks on Exante usually sets my compass back on the right path.

I can't do the shakes unfortunately without popping a Lactaid, so I'll stay away as much as I can.

but really let's talk about the elephant in the room...the packs have become mediocre in taste... Exante used to be pretty palatable and though still a vlcd, it allowed me to stay 100% but now :stinkyfeet:

Indian curry - I find that in 2-3 years, they've changed the composition at LEASt 3 times, each becoming fouler than the previous! It used to be sooo tasty, now it's just muck
I like the daal pot and the red bean chili, have a love/hate relationship with strawberry jam bar - which I find edible only with a black coffee chaser - the sweetness is beyond normal standards

I do like the porridge and pancakes, but will not touch anything that says "egg" any style
The desserts are ok, but i think the thickening agent used (delights etc) give terrible wind

The soups - JEEEZUS
They used to do a muesli yogurt which tasted ok but I don't see it anymore and I haven't had the courage to try the pizza or fajita, sausage or anything that requires more prep than sticking it in microwave after adding water

So with that said, I listen to my body, sometimes I won't be hungry until 10 am/noon and other times like this morning, I had 1/2 a bar with coffee at 5 (I know that this will be a "hungry" day, but BOY am I glad to sink my teeth in my evening meal, it makes it bearable. Also, one of the positives of doing a VLCD in the summer is that it allows you to maintain a "cool" body temperature when the weather is scorching :classic_big_grin: I do try to drink 5l of water in the summer as 4l is my daily allowance throughout the year

Last edited:
It’s tough when life is littered with social occasions but you can’t miss out on living and spending time with those who are important. Nice one on adapting the plan to allow yourself to join in - life is too short :)

Guys I'm thinking of starting the Exante diet and wondering what one would be best for me...im a 22st 6ft 2 man with a bmi of 39....should I go straight into the Total one or the 800 calorie mens one...do both put you into ketosis?...also how long should you do the diets before it becomes ness to have a break.?..and can i still go swimming..norm do 80 lengths in 25metre pool..or will i be to tired...very new to this type of diet?.sorry

Starting on the man plan tomorrow! i need to reel some of that excessive snacking in. I've done good with the exercise habit, but alas, i've not been very careful with certain food choices. So if I could lose 2 stones, I'd be exactly where i want to be - i'm giving myself one trimester on Exante before moving on to healthy food choice eating.

So today was Day 1 - Had tea, water and coffee... pretty much like 3l of water, but there's some water retention going on so haven't visited the bathroom all that much. This should change soon

I had the coconut smoothie... daahl pot, and coconut smoothie again.
Not gonna lie, had a few nibbles of chicken and will probably eat a CD peanut bar - I need to transition into this instead of going out all guns ablazin'

Day 2 - already had the strawberry smoothie with a little psyllium husks as I want to keep things regular and 1l of green tea
Today's goal is to get 3-4l of liquids so as not to get ketoflu symptoms

My body isn't currently hungry, but I'm sure my head will try to trick me into some food at some point today as it always does

My first goal is to get that BMI under 30 (should technically be done this month)
My second goal which will be to get to normal weight is like 3 stones.. eek :eek: So alas, 2 stones was very optimistic

Anyway, hope everyone has a great day

Day 3
Not feeling terribly hot. I'm thinking I caught the flu when I was in London last week so I stayed in bed
I've made sure to drink plenty of hot fluids (1l of green tea, 1l of cardamom tea, 1l water) and I pushed through Day 3

I wasn't terribly bothered with hunger pangs
I had a coconut smoothie with psyllium husk for breakfast
Dahl pot with extra curry and chopped bits of chicken whites
PB delight with extra tsp of crushed peanut butter for dinner

Last edited:
Back