I am really excited about RtM

Okay, I have quite a while to go yet as I only had my week 5 weight in end of last week but I am sooo looking forward to eating healthy food and having control over what I'm putting in my mouth and actually being able to have something savoury again (as I only have shakes and bars)!

A few recipes I've seen on here sound delish! I only hope I can still find them in 9 weeks time when I start RtM!

Hi CC

I am sure you will be able to find them, besides most will be in your books for RTM.
It has been a revalation for me this whole eating food thing, and I am loving eating healthy meals. Its been very easy for me to do too, I do not miss anything (okay maybe cheese) I have lost a pound or two and am exercising like a mad person and loving it.
I am sure the next few weeks will fly by for you.

Okay, I have quite a while to go yet as I only had my week 5 weight in end of last week but I am sooo looking forward to eating healthy food and having control over what I'm putting in my mouth and actually being able to have something savoury again (as I only have shakes and bars)!

A few recipes I've seen on here sound delish! I only hope I can still find them in 9 weeks time when I start RtM!

Hello ChocolateChip,

At the risk of sounding like a salesperson... if you would like something savoury now -- you could try the LL Total Balance hot drink mixes. They are sort of like an OXO or broth kind of drink. Quite savoury... and you can have two of those a day in addition to your LL four items.

I have been using them since week 2: just a few a week, not 2 a day. (On days I feel very hungry.) I am in week 7 and have lost pretty well (1 stone, 6 pounds); not as much as some members of my group -- but I had less to lose initially. (I needed to lose 3 stone, 3 pounds for a BMI of 25, but I am not "big boned" --despite what I have been telling myself for the past 14 years lol -- and should lose 4 stone. I plan to do that.) Within a couple of weeks of starting this journey, I felt so much better, and for the past two or three people are really noticing and praising my loss. :happy036:

When you start RTM, I recommend that you purchase a GI Guide (Glycemic Index). Tescos has a pocket size one. It will help you to make good choices with regards to foods consumed -- you will want to choose low GI foods; i.e. :eatdrink051:Foods that do not spike blood sugar and cause weight gain or cravings. For example breads, especially ones made from highly processed flours, are high GI -- whereas brown rice and whole grain products are better choice. :devilangel:We can eat -- we just need to choose good quality fuel for out bodies, and not overfill the tank!

It is simple economics -- we need to only put in ONLY what we are expending. I have to keep reminding myself of that... right now I am working on using up all my excess stores! So, I can learn to keep balanced books! ;)

Good Luck -- MinnieMel

Back