I am shocked and horrified!

I started this diet about the same weight as you, it creeps up on you, bit by bit - This is my story

Coping, dealing with stuff/stress/life, buying time by stuffing my face. I havent got time for myself - get back to me when I can afford to do so, meanwhile pass me the cake/bix/takeaways etc.

Cant get into those jeans as well - ok wheres the elasticated waist? Right that feels comfy. Hmm that feels a bit tight. Holy cr4p - those jeans I couldnt do up, dont even go over my thighs now.

Avoids photos - eats more choc (my weapon of choice). Avoid scales. Old friends are shocked as they havent seen me for a while, but dont mention anything ie put down the cupcake hunny, you're gonna explode. Next clothing shop is in the size above, or even above that. Kept looking in a mirror that showed my face only.

Then one day, I hit the scales. The dial was going round so fast, I could dry my hair with it. 18st 7lb!!! - 21lbs form being 20st or (even worse to me) starting to head towards the 300lb mark. How on hell did I get here? I am not judgemental towards anyone with a weight prob - my parents were big and I had been for a number of years. I couldnt convince myself that I was the 'big beautiful doll' types. I looked in the mirror (full length, in the buff - it was like high noon for me) and I couldnt recognise myself. I had seen snippets but that was about it.

Now I am over a stone and a half lighter - I cannot believe the change just as THIS level. My sister is a few weeks ahead of me and has lost STONES and looks amazing. Dont give up - its hard work, good and bad days but the rewards far outway the hassle. For myself, I just need to address the issues as to why food became such a crutch, a best friend etc. Good luck with it all :)

Feeling your pain hun, i started at 18 st 2lbs and nearly died from the shame of it! But after week one and 10 pounds off all of a sudden i was 17 st 6 by the end of the 2nd week i was 17 st! here i am 10 weeks later weighing as of this morning at 14 st 10.....still a big girl but like you i'm tall (5 ft 9) and i don't feel supersized anymore.

The best advice i can give to you is to start asap and don't look back, i can't believe how different i feel today from the way i felt 10 weeks ago, and i'm so excited to see how i will feel in another 10 weeks.

Sounds gushy but cambridge has changed my life, i can't wait to get to goal and start living properly again as a healthy slim normal person.

Good luck

xxx

SNOWBABY......thank you so much for such an open honest story, it's amazing the stuff you find yourself sharing on here.... and you will inspire somebody with that story.........well done on the loss..... great stuff xxxxxxxxxxxx

starting dietimeal

Hi, just thought i would drop you a line as i am starting dietimeal as soon as i get the packs, if you would like a buddy or just someone to talk to please feel free to drop me a line. take care x x

:D

Thanks hunny - I think its a pattern a lot of us share in varying degrees. I hate the dieting 'dance' I do too. 1lb on - 2lb off, 3lb on - 4lb off cha cha. We've all been there, done that - got the XL t-shirt. Now its time to find those cheekbones/collar bones/sexy ass, burn the XL tee and strut my stuff :-D

Hi
Your post rang a bell with me - I was horrified to find that I weighed 18st13lb in January 2007. It just seemed to creep up on me. I started CD. I also found that I had to 'convince' my loved ones that this was the right step. I told them that my doc approved (which he did) and that i'd decided that it was time for drastic action. Very quickly, I looked and felt soooooo much better that people didn't doubt the decision.
I've 'maintained at around 14st (size 18) for a year and a half and am really happy. Aiming to lose a couple of stones more - either back on CD or otherwise.

Thanks you guys for being so honest!!! It does creep up onto you!! but hey thats all to change !! my next post will be im Shocked and Surprised lol im in size 12 hmmmm! :p xx Thanks again for you comments!

Hi there,

This post really struck me, I too am quite tall and had always 'carried my weight well' I promised myself i wouldn't get to the dreaded 20stone mark... never not ever... I too avoided mirrors and wore the same clothes day in day out, like a uniform, black size 24/26 elasticated waist trousers and big baggy tops.

I was 40 this year and when I looked in the mirror I hardley recognised myself, my double chin was making my face look so different and I admitted I was desperately unhappy.. I decided to do CD - when I weighed I was 21stone 8lbs :cry:I cried in the middle of Tesco's - my home scales didn't go up to that weight :(

But.... now nearly 8 weeks later 35lbs lighter, size 20 and still motivated... I feel happier than I have in years.

Thanks for starting this post wants2bnormal and thanks for everyones honesty...

Sarah x

Well done sarah for your loss after 8 weeks thats amazing!!!!!

Sarted on
August 16th - 20 stone 11lbs
August 23rd - 20 stone 5lbs
August 30th - 20 stone 1lbs
Septem 6th - 19 stone 11lbs
Septem 19th - 19 stone 5lbs
Septem 13th - 19 stone 2lbs
Septem 27th - 19 stone
Octobe 4th - 18 stone 10lbs
Octobe 11th - 18 stone 7lbs
Octobe 18th - 18 stone 5lbs :D

34lb lost in 9 weeks..... on a vlcd.... nope.....I am eating 1500cals a day and walking 5/6 miles a day 5 times a weeks, I am sooooo shocked that my weightloss is nearly as good as being on the cambridge diet. I couldnt stick to CD.... but i envy all of you that can..... amazing weightlosses everyone.

Back