I am so excited :-)

SandraEly

I met with my LL counsellor on Monday, and she allowed me to go to the first session yesterday, I cant actually start until I have seen my GP but I think she could sense I was keen to get on, I am so pleased with what I heard last night, I came out really ready to face the world! I start abstinence next Wed AM.. 1 week and then I am on it :)
So what I want to know is there anything in particular I should be doing this week? should I be giving up the caffiene, trying to eat healthy? or should I just have the last week as normal to see a true representation when I weigh after week1?
sorry for such a long ramble.. but I am so excited

Hello Sandra!
Don't worry about having a ramble, it is a really exciting time!

I gave up caffeine before I started, but for me it was because I drank 6 cups of tea a day and I knew without milk I would struggle! I have felt better for giving up caffeine, more awake in the morning and stuff like that. I now drink decaf black coffee (which I never thought i'd like!) when i'm craving a hot drink.

Food wise, it's always recommended to cut down on carbs before you start LL, this should lessen the carb withdrawal symptoms when you start the diet, and help you get in to ketosis. I personally had fish and chips the night before LL, but it was worth it!

Good luck for your LL journey :) It's a great diet and just remember the excitement your feeling now, it'll help you get through the next 14 weeks and you'll see amazing results! :)
xxxx

I cut down on carbs for 3 or 4 days prior to starting and had pretty much no ill effects at all in the first few days. Depends on what you eat/drink most of to be honest, as Hanmac said maybe cutting down caffeine would be good if you drink lots of tea/coffee/caffeinated drinks.

Hiya
I am just back from my group, I have picked up all my food packs and i am ready to go, I am so excited :) Thank you for your help with the comments, I cut down on my carbs for the last 2 weeks since my first meeting with LLC, and now I am on decaf coffee and tea and no caffinated drinks
Thanks ladies, x

Good luck Sandra and well done for being good on your last week of 'normal' food. Too many people think they should eat their heads off before they start just because they're going on the program. It only adds to the problems and puts your goal even further.
You seem very determined and excited about starting. All I can say that this will most possibly be the best decision you'll ever make!! :D

Hope your first day went well Sandra.

You can buy (£9)from lighterlife when you get your next packs flavourings for water in powder form Fruits of the forest, St. Clements(lemon) and Sunrise orange.

If you add the orange one to fizzy water it tastes similar to fanta.

A pot of powder has lasted me 3 weeks so doesn't work out expensive and it contains fibre.

It just helps to add variation to what you can drink.

GOOD LUCK SANDRA,
You are on your way....................................x

Hello Ladies :) I have completed 3 days 100 % total abstinence - so now i need to know how will i know when I am in ketosis?? I have loads of energy and people in work are saying ' you look well' and I seem to be smiling all the time :) can be v v annoying when my colleagues are being serious about work things

Hi Sandra,

I started on Wednesday morning too. It's great to find someone that's at exactly the same point on the programme as me. I thought I'd find it really difficult to abstain because I used to eat loads of rubbish and only drank coffee, diet coke and alcohol (disgraceful I know) but apart from a headache on Wednesday evening I've felt great - loads more energy and feeling really positive, in fact I can't stop humming to myself! Can't wait to jump on those scales Tuesday night! Keep wondering how long I should wait before I buy the size 12 dress I've got my eye on? ;-) How are you getting on with your packs? Any favourites? x

Hiya Christie :)
I am getting on ok, it is Sat night and I am babysitting usually my daughter would leave a mini mountain of things to eat, but I told her no and I brought my two packs a chicken soup and a strawberry shake so I am watching x factor and strictly and being 100% - I dont like the porridge ewwww it was nasty most of the other things are ok didnt think I would like the banana but it was good, I always make sure the water is cold out of the fridge they seem to be better then
Hope you are doing ok
Sandra x

Havent had any internet til today at home, weighed on tuesday i lost 8 lbs.. i am so chuffed.... :)

Back