I am SO pleased with slim and save

kellmo said:
Wow, you've done amazingly well already, well done!

Originally I was 14 stone 13. Lost 4 stone with WW over the past 8 years I've lost it and put it back on again, had another baby yadda yadda!

I tried WW this time last year and i was so unbelievably good but the losses just weren't there, I was getting up 5 or 6 times a week to do cardio and/or yoga and all I'd lose was half a lb a week, SO, it all went on again.

In June I started CD at 13 stones 12lb and about a size 18(all my 16 clothes were TIGHT) as I'm only 5 foot 4 and apple shaped :-(

This morning I was dead on 12 stone. I want to be about 9 stone 9 or thereabouts. I've bought the Dukan life plan book and I think I'm going to do that until, well, I die or lose my mind and don't care any longer (or scientists invent a pill that makes me expel calories by breathing!) I can't go back to WW as I can eat whatever I want in moderation and I just can't do moderation, I'm either extremely good or embarrassingly greedy, with Dukan it says one day a week is pure protein, you can have ONE treat meal a week and can have carbs occasionally, this is the kind of structure that appeals to me but I know l will have the occasional burger and chips or pizza (I'm thinking once every 6 months?)

BUT, I've got a couple of stone to go to decide what I will actually do lifelong. Weasey is doing a low GL plan which sounds sensible but I will need to look into more 'refeeding' (I hate that term) and maintaing when I get there.

I think the problem I've had in the past is I've been so obese and unhappy that as soon as i start to feel a little good about myself e.g a size 14, I think I'm ok and start eating again. I need to learn to stop this, it's affecting my health this treating myself with food.

Phew, long post!!

Thank you very much!
I agree with you totally there I'm the same.
Dukan... I'll look it up thank you :)
Day 4 today of restart for me.
Will go look for you pics now :) x

Excellent! I've been so good and resisted obligatory car journey sweets, sandwiches and crisps!! Can't wait for your weigh in!

How often do you get weighed?

kellmo said:
Excellent! I've been so good and resisted obligatory car journey sweets, sandwiches and crisps!! Can't wait for your weigh in!

How often do you get weighed?

Usually weekly but my CDC is on holiday this week so next weigh in Monday 13th.
Which will be 2 weeks worth :) x

Back