I am so weak.

Stargirl

:cry:

soooo annoyed at myself.:mad:

Just made my daughter some pancakes for supper, and succumbed to half a rather large fat pancake.:cry:
I could blame my weakness on TOTM

but it was just a moment of greed:ashamed0005:

Im doomed arent i:cry:

No, you are NOT doomed, and you are NOT weak!
Start again from NOW.

Put it behind you, learn from it, try to figure out what it was about it that made you eat it and not something else during your abstinance so far - I suspect that with "Pancake Day" being akin to Xmas, Easter etc, it was partly the excitment of your daughter about having pancakes that rubbed off on you, bringing that link between food and enjoyment to the forefront?

The weightloss path we tread is a learning process, and to quote a line from one of favourite films;
"Why do we fall? So we can learn to pick ourselves up again"
:)

Thanks Pete.

Yes it was that it was pancake day and not something i do every day so left my willpower behind for a moment :(

so annoyed as i have been sooooo good all day.

Last edited:
It's ok, perhaps even good, to be a little annoyed at yourself, after all it shows that actually, your adult state of mind knows that you made an error, and that you really do want to lose the weight.
BUT
learn to forgive yourself as well. Before you go to sleep tonight, tell yourself that you are forgiven, and that is that. Past is past, and forget about it.

You don't want to be waking up and thinking about it tomorrow, as that in itself can make it harder to avoid a temptation when it comes along again

im just sooooo annoyed at not having the willpower to not do it :(

gahhhh. why why why do i do it.

I think i may start having early nights, as my hard time is in the evenings. Maybe early nights will take temptation out of my way.

:cry:

soooo annoyed at myself.:mad:

Just made my daughter some pancakes for supper, and succumbed to half a rather large fat pancake.:cry:
I could blame my weakness on TOTM

but it was just a moment of greed:ashamed0005:

Im doomed arent i:cry:

You're not doomed, and it certainly isn't greed. Lots of hormones involved which will drive you to eat.

Keep working at it. You could have done a lot more damage :)

Try not to think of it as 'willpower' alone - you are working to change your entire mental attitude to food, to the point where willpower won't be such a big thing.

I made a post about this subject the other day, hang on I'll try and find it..............

I am annoyed and feel its "willpower" because its not like i was hungry or really needed it. I wouldnt have died without it. lol

Tomorrow is another day i guess.

found it!

in repsonse to a comment that being on LL for 122 days must have taken me a "lot of willpower";
Not thought about it in terms of willpower for quite a while now to be honest! The plan changes your thinking so much that what you think of in terms of "willpower" when you are overweight is very different to what it becomes as you get closer to your goal.

For almost my whole life, "willpower" was the phrase that essentially translated into "purposely and difficultly depriving yourself of the things you love (i.e. f**d)" whereas now, "willpower" translates more into "weighing up the pro's and con's of having X and making a sensible, adult decision about it", which actually is very little about 'will'power at all, just proper though process :)

Hopefully you'll find your way to that thinking too :)

You're not doomed, and it certainly isn't greed. Lots of hormones involved which will drive you to eat.

Keep working at it. You could have done a lot more damage :)
Thanks KD.

i am gonna dust off and get on with it:doh:

found it!

in repsonse to a comment that being on LL for 122 days must have taken me a "lot of willpower";

Thanks Pete.

I know you are right.

found it!

Absolutely. I'm a firm believer that people who rely on willpower are going to find the whole job so much harder.

Willpower is only ever on short term lease. Determination and the desire to lose weight at all costs is a better way.

Will i have knocked myself out of ketosis?

I realize that if you are trying to do Sole Source, the goal is to consume nothing but the CD. It's a great way to lose weight, and it doesn't require much in the way of thinking about what you should or should not eat.

That being said, your three shakes add up to less than 450 calories per day. Although your goal is to eat nothing else, even throwing another 500 to 1,000 calories won't completely ruin your diet forever if you do it once in a while.

My best advice is that you just climb back on the wagon and don't waste time feeling guilty. You made a mistake, so what. Do better next time and move on.

Don't let guilt eat you alive, or you'll just end up spending a lot of time feeling lousy about yourself when you don't have to feel that way.

Will i have knocked myself out of ketosis?

I have to think that it is somewhat likely, as pancakes are going to be carby.

EDIT: Looked it up, and an anverage, plain, made-from-recipie 4-inch pancake has the following;
86 cals
4g fat
10g carbohydrate

So you might actually be OK as that's only about the same as having another CD pack in terms of carbs (I think!)

Did you have sugar and/or lemon juice as well?
If you did, the chances are that the citric acids in the lemon juice would have kicked you out of Keto sharpish :(

Last edited:
Back