i am sooo confused please help

imogensmummy

right i started sw tuesday, and im not sure if im doing it right lmao!
heres what ive had!:
day 1 green day
free food:
*cup of tea (is this free) with canderel
*x2 slices of wholemeal cheese on toast with 60g cheese(cheese as healty extra)
*cheesy pasta for dinner (bacon and cheese taken as healty extras)
*x2 mullerlight yoghurts

healthy extras:
*60g cheese( had on toast)
*bacon and cheese with dinner

day 2 red day
free food:
*cup of tea
*cucumber and carrot sticks with tzaziki dip
*1 muller light yoghurt
*1/2 banana
*lemon and coconut chicken with rice(rice healthy extra?)
*some melon
*cup of tea

healthy extras:
*28g shredded wheat
*100ml semi skimmed milk
*1 ceral alpen bar(probs a sin)?
*rice from dinner

syns:
*3cookies (not sure what value is)

today : green day
free food:
*cup of tea
*x2 eggs scrambled egg with x2 slices of wholemeal toast ??
*1/2 slice of wholemeal bread (with soup for lunch)

healthy extras:
*(baxters soup(for lunch) altho didnt eat much as felt ill
*fruit salad

syns:
* ketchup ??

please help i am probs totally doing this wrong

don't panic...it takes a little time to digest everything! (and I don't mean the food! ;) lol )

Don't forget to count the milk in your tea and cereals? this comes under healthy extra A so if you're having cheese or other "A"s you need to be careful. Also you need to watch your bread, this comes under healthy extra B

i think this is right but i've only just started myself so I'm sure someone more "experienced" than me can either confirm or put me right too! lol

x

Hi, I've marked a couple of things down but not in red because you shouldn't feel like you're in school!:D

You're doing well for the start, it always takes time to get our heads round it! You need to check which bread you're having, if it's what you can have as a healthy extra B then great but worth a check. No bread is free unfortunately. You also seem to not use many syns, you should have atleast 5 per day.:) Are you checking your weights for cheese? 28g of most but details in the book and your bacon needs to be weighed for a B choice too. Sorry but rice isn't a B choice on a red day. One of those easily missed things.:)

That's all I noticed and by the time I post this probably someone else has hehe.

Anyway, good start, the book and the website are your friend for checking syns etc. Well done on starting at SW.:D

right i started sw tuesday, and im not sure if im doing it right lmao!
heres what ive had!:
day 1 green day
free food:
*cup of tea (is this free) with canderel-(Tea is free but milk is a healthy extra if you use it)
*x2 slices of wholemeal(B) cheese on toast with 60g cheese(cheese as healty extra)(A)
*cheesy pasta for dinner (bacon(B) and cheese(A) taken as healty extras)
*x2 mullerlight yoghurts

healthy extras:

day 2 red day
free food:
*cup of tea
*cucumber and carrot sticks with tzaziki dip(Is this free? Sorry don't know)
*1 muller light yoghurt
*1/2 banana
*lemon and coconut chicken with rice(rice healthy extra?)(Rice can't be a HE sorry)
*some melon
*cup of tea

healthy extras:
*28g shredded wheat
*100ml semi skimmed milk
*1 ceral alpen bar(probs a sin)?(You can have 2 alpen light bars for a HeB but make sure they're light.:))
*rice from dinner

syns:

free food:
*cup of tea
*x2 eggs scrambled egg with x2 slices of wholemeal toast ??(Bread needs to be a HeB)
*1/2 slice of wholemeal bread (with soup for lunch)(B)

healthy extras:
*fruit salad

syns:
* ketchup ??(I think it's 1/2 syn for a tablespoon but could be wrong)

day 1 green day
free food:
*x2 mullerlight yoghurts

healthy extras:

1st of all welcome to SW

Day 1 - Green
You can have up to 2 A Healthy extras -
28g of standard cheddar or 42g Reduced Fat cheddar
& up to 2 B Healthy Extras

Did you have any milk? You can have 250ml semi skimmed as well as the above (a 2nd Healthy extra abox)

Tea is free without milk (I usually use my Healthy A for milk in coffee and on my cereal)

For you cheese and bacon pasta did you weigh the bacon you can have 57g cooked bacon as a Healthy extra B

What bread did you use for your toast? You can have 2 slices of some but only 1 of others.

What did you have for breakfast?

aw thanks, really hope someone reads then!
i knew i was doing it wrong!
its so confusing!

Day 1 - Green

Did you have any milk? You can have 250ml semi skimmed as well as the above (a 2nd Healthy extra abox)

Tea is free without milk (I usually use my Healthy A for milk in coffee and on my cereal)

For you cheese and bacon pasta did you weigh the bacon you can have 57g cooked bacon as a Healthy extra B

What bread did you use for your toast? You can have 2 slices of some but only 1 of others.

What did you have for breakfast? *

hi i had seeded bread wholemeal
i did have milk in tea
i did measure bacon forgot to put that!

see I told you there'd be some more advice! LOL

don't worry, you will get your head around it soon enough! and never worry to ask, everyone here is so friendly and supportive! :D

day 1 green day
On this day your Toast counts as a HEB (you need to look up the brand you are using to make sure you are allowed 2. I know the Warburtons one 400g you are allowed 2). The Bacon (needs to be measured- don't have the book infront of me for the measurements) and would count as a HEB. Think you need to have a bit more for your meals though- try adding more free/superfree food.
free food:
*x2 mullerlight yoghurts

healthy extras:

day 2 red day
I don't have the book infront of me, but I don't think on a Red day you can have rice as a Healthy Extra. You can have measured amount of pasta instead? Also if you had Alpen Light Bar you can have 2 for a HEB. Need to look up the value for your syns because 3 cookies can make a big difference with your syn value. That way you can know how many more syns you can have in a day/week.
free food:
*cup of tea
*cucumber and carrot sticks with tzaziki dip
*1 muller light yoghurt
*1/2 banana
*lemon and coconut chicken with rice(rice healthy extra?)
*some melon
*cup of tea

healthy extras:
*28g shredded wheat
*100ml semi skimmed milk
*1 ceral alpen bar(probs a sin)?
*rice from dinner

syns:

The 2 slices of wholemeal toast should count as a HEB (see note on day 1). How much fruit salad did you have and the Baxters. These need to be measured if you are counting as a HEB. Ketchup- Heinz 1 level tbsp is 1 syn.
free food:
*cup of tea
*x2 eggs scrambled egg with x2 slices of wholemeal toast ??
*1/2 slice of wholemeal bread (with soup for lunch)

healthy extras:
*fruit salad

syns:
* ketchup ??

I think you need to eat more Superfree/Free food and also try to measure your HEB's so you don't go over your allowance. Also be careful with syns and look them up when possible.

Don't worry it does take a bit of getting used to. To start with it may be worth checking everything you want to eat in the book first to prevent you having to use it as syns when you don't want to.

Also, don't go hungry if you need a snack fruit/veg of most kinds are superfree and will only you do you good. Potato/corn/peas/parsnips are only for a green day though.

It won't be long before you can relax a bit and you'll know the plan well.:)

Day 1 - Green

What did you have for breakfast? *

hi i had seeded bread wholemeal
i did have milk in tea
i did measure bacon forgot to put that!
Did you use all your allowance of milk in your tea? (otherwise you have to syn it 1/2syn for a dash)
With the bread - was is Hovis/kingsmill I will check the website to see if it is a Healthy extra or should have been synned

thanks i have noted these mistakes down!
i appreciate the help!
so its bad not to have any syns then as my other half isnt having any!
i dont have a book, i have just been given some notes!
but still confused!
so today is a green day!

for dinner were having:
smokey beans with bacon: with jacket poatao
what do i need to kno
lol
this is what recipe says:
1/2 large onion finely diced
6oz bacon diced (healthy extra x2)
1 tin baked beans
1/2 tsp swatrz barbecue spice
4-5 tbsp passatta sauce
1tsp worcestershire sauce

serve with large baked potato

bread is warburtons seeded batch (wholemeal bread)

please someone help me with my dinner

Well with syns there are different ideas around. Some people use them to spice up a meal (extra cheese, gravy etc) and other people use them for treats. Either way doesn't matter but without them you will feel deprived fairly quickly and blow the plan. Having a little of what you fancy is a good thing, it means you can feel pretty normal and not 'on a diet'. 15 syns per day is only about 300 calories so even without them it won't make much of a difference to the weight loss in fact some people have better losses when they use them, it keeps your body guessing.:)

Your meal for today is fine for a green day. As long a the bacon is weighed and lean it's a B choice.

Unfortunately that bread doesn't seem to be on the B list. It has normal Warburtons wholemeal but not seeded batch that I can see. I did a similar thing this week and bought WW danish something or other and then discovered it doesn't count for a B, I wasn't happy with myself when i had to syn it!

thankyou xx
havent weighed myself yet as boots weighing scales were broken(dont have my own)
so will way asap

weighed today and im 10.3
goal to get to 9stone!

Back