I am sooo confused

I am week 5 of ss plus went away for weekend and had trouble finding plain chicken salad so had the salads that were available ie including tomato and onion some one even a shaving of Parmesan cheese !! I know naughty - I will admit that I didn't include all my water but did drink black coffee and diet cokes in the evening .... I weighed in yesterday and hadn't lost anything - but here is my problem even if the extra calories amounted to a maximum of 400 calories per day , with the VLCD of the Cambridge being also about 400 per day this still by my calculations only makes 800 far far less than most people would consume on a healthy diet per day - therefore u would expect a loss of somesort or am I getting this wrong .... CDC says may be having my bars too late in evening or maybe just because not enough water ? Can anyone offer me some extra advise please. Don't get me wrong I understand that I am not meant to have those things for a reason but I have checked and I am still on ketosis . Please help !! Xx thanks

Did you have diet coke? Or coke Zero, because as far as i know you cant have diet coke because it has citric acid in which your not allowed, but coke zero doesnt. Maybe this made a difference? And its to do with what is in the tomato and onions like the sugar and what not, not really the cals.
Try not to worry though just think of how much weight you have lost overall! Good luck with this week thou xxx

Hey my CDC says that the water is the way you get the calories out of your body, like you are flushing them out! I'm only on day 9 so I'm not sure myself :) xx

Erins yum mum said:
Hey my CDC says that the water is the way you get the calories out of your body, like you are flushing them out! I'm only on day 9 so I'm not sure myself :) xx

Where do people get these ideas. Scary that a CDC is passing this on

Marcie knocking yourself out of ketosis doesn't mean you don't lose as you say its the calorie deficit that causes the losses. If it's any consolation almost everyone on a VLCD has a poor week now and again. Hopefully next week will balance it out. Don't give up. Oh and eating your bars late won't stall you either. Your CDC has some odd ideas.......

Everyone's body is different.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but if you restrict your calories sometimes your body goes into shock, and holds onto weight (prob water). It'll even out eventually.

Keep at it! Good luck!

Back