I am soooooo chuffed!

Moisy

Hi everyone,

I went back to work today after half term hols (I am a teacher) and 3 people asked me if I have been dieting because I look like I had lost some weight!!:D
I was so pleased and it was just what I needed to hear because straight after that I walked into the staffroom to find chocolate biscuits and sweets in a tin, but it didn't bother me at all, after my colleagues comments I wasn't prepared to break anything!

M xx

Woo! Go you!! I'm a teacher too and was welcomed back today with goodies-first day today. Hard work- felt drunk all day. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing lol!! Well done xx

Hey JilabooB,
Was thinking of you today and hoping you would get through the first day, well done! You will feel a bit woozy for the next 2 days but it does pass. I went through a spell of feeling like that last week, but today when the alarm went off ridiculously early I felt great and jumped out of bed ready for a 7 week half term. It has been gorgeous weather here too which really helped. Keep going!! We teachers must stick together! :) xx

Go Moisy! Fab job keeping away from those biccies too! Last week someone brought Krispy Kreme to work and tried to force one on my desk, that took some willpower to resist lol :D

But smidge87 didn't you feel good for resisting it? I did and hey no-one is saying we can't ever have these things....just not for the moment! Well done you too! xx

Woohoo moisy!! There is no better feeling than some one noticing your weight loss!! Bet you are chuffed =)

ChellyWellyBoot, it made me feel really good and it is that sort of thing that keeps you sticking to the diet, don't you think? Makes it all worth while xx

Well done Moisy - isn't it great when people start noticing! You'll find more and more people do as the weight drops off. I started 3 weeks' leave after 2 weeks on exante. Colleagues were all talking about my weight loss before I went off and I'm hoping to have lost considerably more before I go back next monday. I am also visiting my mother at the end of July. She hasn't seen me since well before I started dieting and I haven't told her about my weight loss so her reaction should be interesting. What age range do you teach? I bet you get some comments from your pupils too!

But smidge87 didn't you feel good for resisting it? I did and hey no-one is saying we can't ever have these things....just not for the moment! Well done you too! xx

Defo!! I'm already planning my first meal when I'm skinny lol :p

It really does!! We are doing this to feel good about ourselves and so that we look good on the outside and when people notice it it makes it soo much more worthwhile =)

Hi Lynne,
Wow they will all really notice a difference with you-it will make you feel great. I am Deputy Head in a primary school so not sure if the pupils will notice, little ones don't really do they? But I do have a lot to do with the parents so I am sure they will comment!! :) x

Way to go, it really does make a difference, keep up the good work x

I used to teach drama and english in secondary school many years ago but since then have spent 13 years as a Probation Officer and 13 years in my current job as a manager on a Youth Offending Team. The young people we work with are often very vocal about any changes they notice in your appearance!

Wow! That is a change of career and I can imagine they would comment but at the moment I have 6/7 year olds, ever so cute and lovely kids but not very observant when it comes to the weight of their teacher!! I am not very tall-5.1and a half so some of the 11 year olds in school are taller than me, they like to comment on that so they might comment on a weight loss!!:rolleyes::rolleyes: xx

I'm only 5'1'' too!

Several years ago I was on a bus to work when a whole class of 12-year-olds joined, they were on some kind of school trip. And I stood with my back to the teacher who was with them and suddenly felt and hand on my head, only then noticed that the teacher took me for one of his pupils and had literally taken a head count including myself. *tut*

Back