I am such a loser!!!!!

This is my day 3 on SS. What a loser I am. Got on great for the first 2 days. Got up this morning and had not 1, not 2 but 3 slices of toast. (I love fresh bread) and a cup of tea with milk.:( :( :(

Before I had it I weigh myself and was another 1.5lb down(5.5lb from the 2days on SS). I also checked if I was in ketosis and I was in the pink but the lighter colour.

After eating (no stuffing) my face with the toast, I felt so bad, I am going to have my 3 packets still today, but what a waste of 2 days. The only thing is that I checked if it knocked me out of ketosis, just there and I am actually almost at the darkest pink (the highest). How is this possible? Could I still be knocked out of it?

God what a twit I am. People always say there is no easy way to lose weight. WRONG, CD is the easy way. I don't have to excercise, I can sit on my a$$ all day if I want and the weight will fall off. Why can't I do this properly.

Sorry for the moan.
Sarah

What's done can't be undone so you have two alternatives ...

Continue to beat yourself up about it and carry a cloud of guilt around. (We don't need the extra burden - seriously)

Draw a big line under it - learn from it (remember just how you felt after the slip - bad!) and move on.

You may have delayed your overall journey by a day or two - no biggie in the great scheme of things. You CAN do this ... you've proved it already so just pick yourself up, drink the water and carry on :)

Such wise words

I've had plenty of slip ups throughout quite a traumatic week, I'm on LL and starting again today - not been gorging but I ate. End of - doesn't make me feel great but if I keep on telling myself I'm a bad person I believe it then eat more and more and more.
Not anymore!!!!
Few slices toast - not the end of the world, it could've been toast followed by ???? followed by ???? I expect in the past you would have continued but at least you have had the sense to stop.
Well done :) :) :)
Luv Clare xxx

Aww, well just get back on to it and you'll be ok. Next time you feel like having something, maybe you could come on here and air your feelings first? It might help you resist.

Just don't beat yourself up, you're only human! Good luck with the restart x

welcome to my world !! as the school report says we must do better .....we must enrol all the help we can ......

did i hear a cry ......as back of legs slapped !!! xxx

Few slices toast - not the end of the world, it could've been toast followed by ???? followed by ???? I expect in the past you would have continued but at least you have had the sense to stop.
Well done :) :) :)
Luv Clare xxx

Clare this is so true. I had thought to myself what the hell, I will go to the shop and get chocolate (my major comfort). But I didn't, I won't. I will carry on. Put a line under it and kick myself in the a$$ (if I could reach).

Can anyone explain the ketosis thing tho? A little confused about that. As I said light pink this morning when I got up. After I had the toast, it was almost the darkest pink (the highest).

Thanks all,

Sarah.

Oh hey, none of this talk! You're not a loser.

Like Clucks said, you stopped before it led to anything else. That means you're already learning good habits and putting them into practice.

As for the ketosis...how long after eating the toast did you check? If it was just afterwards, there would already have been ketones present in your urine before you ate, so they'd show up pink on the stick. Check again a bit later on - but either way, don't let it get you down. You managed two days, now aim for more!

This is my day 3 on SS. What a loser I am. Got on great for the first 2 days. Got up this morning and had not 1, not 2 but 3 slices of toast. (I love fresh bread) and a cup of tea with milk.:( :( :(

Before I had it I weigh myself and was another 1.5lb down(5.5lb from the 2days on SS). I also checked if I was in ketosis and I was in the pink but the lighter colour.

After eating (no stuffing) my face with the toast, I felt so bad, I am going to have my 3 packets still today, but what a waste of 2 days. The only thing is that I checked if it knocked me out of ketosis, just there and I am actually almost at the darkest pink (the highest). How is this possible? Could I still be knocked out of it?

God what a twit I am. People always say there is no easy way to lose weight. WRONG, CD is the easy way. I don't have to excercise, I can sit on my a$$ all day if I want and the weight will fall off. Why can't I do this properly.

Sorry for the moan.
Sarah

Hi Sarah - never worry hun....it can happen to the best of us...just have ur packes today, and start over :)

Put that evil toast outta ur head.....it's not the end of the world...and just try to learn from ur mistake...and next time ur tempted...try to remember how BAD u felt after the toast 'incident' !

love

Debz
xx

HI its still early days hun , how long have you been on the diet ? Getting out of the habit of eating is hard but YOU can do it ! 2 days and you have done so well so keep up the good work and dont beat yourself up about minor set backs xxx

Well I have finished day 3. Had my 3 shakes. My heart wasn't in it after eating this morning, but I did it anyway. Drank 4.5 ltrs of water. I have checked and I am no longer in ketosis, not even trace and I was a lovely dark pink this morning. Anyway, nothing I can do about that now. Had been down 5.5lbs in 2 days, will probably be up by that again in the morning. I will worry about it then. But will keep going.

Good night.

Sarah

Hi hun, hope you are feeling ok, like the others have said draw a line under it and get on with your diet guilt free, these things happen and the best you can do is learn from it and march on with your diet, just keep in mind how bad those 3 lil slices of toast made you feel afterwards.

As for the ketosis you will have had a false reading because you had eaten, your body will have been processing the food so therefore your reading will have been false and you weren't really in dietry ketosis at all after eating.
I cant remember the exact science of it but I do remember when on Atkins (many moons ago) he said not to test for ketones after eating because you will get a false result.

Anyhow hope you are doing ok today xx

Good Morning.

I am in better form today, after a disaster yesterday and I weighed myself this morning, just to see what damage I did after eating yesterday.

I was down just over another pound. That's 7lb since Friday. I hope it keeps going down every day between now and Friday. Won't update official loss until official weigh in then.

It's such an incentive to keep going. That knowing after making a mistake, still taking my 3 shakes, drinking loads of water, my body has punished me (well not yet anyway). Of course the voice in my head says "ooooh, just think what you would have lost if you didn't have that toast". Can't win I know, at least the voice isn't saying "eat more".

Thanks for your kind words and support.

Sarah.

Glad the scales were kind to you. The trick is now not to believe you can get away with eating again. Ive done this in the past, had a blip got away with it so eaten more. It doesnt work. Stick to the plan, it really is the best way.

most of us will have a little blip at some point while on this diet. i just think to myself- if i can complete one full week with no cheating then thats an incentive to complete the next. and now to put that into practice! i restarted cd last monday and was fine until saturday when i ate half a pack of hobnobs. i had only bought them because they were half price at the supermarket, nobody else in the house is really bothered about biscuits so why buy them? if they had been free i still should have left them at the supermarket where they belong! anyway the moral of my rambling is to learn from our mistakes and move forward not backward! good luck:) becky

Back