i blew it, i need motivation - please

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
I did okay at my weigh in last tuesday. i lost the 1/2lb to get my silver 7. But then i hit a major problem, the half term. whilst i am at work i control my eating quite well up to a degree ;) but when i was at home i went to pieces. i am too scared to go to wi tomorrow. (i am definitely not going). but i need to get back on track for next weeks wi. HELP. Also i have the christmas holidays coming in seven weeks (i work in a school) i am dreading those.

I would say go to your weigh-in tomorrow, even if you don't stay for the actual class, it's the best way of getting yourself properly back on track, and more often than not the damage isn't as bad as you think it's going to be anyway.

I just know through my own experience that if i miss a class because i'm worried about a gain then i'm less likely to go back the following week and always end up straying from the plan for longer than I would've liked!

You don't need to worry about being scared as you can almost guarantee that most people in the class have been in the same situation!

I would agree with Jenny. Once you start skipping classes it becomes a habit. You're probably already in "I'll start again tomorrow" mode and overeating today (been there, done that, got the T-shirt myself) whereas you'd be pulling it back today if you were going to WI tomorrow.

All the people at weigh-in will have done exactly what you have done so don't worry. Like Jenny says, you don't have to stay for class if you're embarrassed and it might not be as bad as you think it is.

If we absolutely can't convince you to go, then at least get back on the wagon today. Right now, not tomorrow.

And good luck. It happens to all of us, especially in school holidays.

Choose a dress you want to get in for Christmas and arrange to visit it regularly x

hi, and thanks for your replies. I had every intention of being good and i blew it on the first day and said to myself, "tomorrow" but tomorrow never came. I am back on track today and am writing everything down. I just feel as if i am back to the beginning again.

i have got quite a few lovely items of clothing to wear for christmas, but they are up in the loft in black bags. i think that i will ask hubby to get my christmas outfit down. it was bought for christmas 5 years ago (still current fashion though).
dont know if i am going to go tomorrow though. i will see how i feel. i need to start exercising again. what i am going to do now though is get my lift to work in the morning but then walk home each day as it is mostly up hill.

Glad you are back on track today hon. Great idea to get the Christmas dress down. I've got a beautiful brown and gold Monsoon dress that I bought in the sales a few years ago and have never worn - I'm cautiously optimistic that I'll be able to wear it this year :)

I find weighing in after a bit of a binge much like ripping off a plaster; Unpleasant, but only lasts a few minutes and is much better once it's over with.

When i used to go to class, whenever it was the school holidays there were loads of people who struggled to stay on track, be it parents who are taking kids out for the day or teachers who are enjoying a break from the routine, so i can almost guarantee that if you went back to class and just said 'it's half term' you'd have loads of people nodding their heads in understanding!!

Glad to hear you're back with it now - Good luck

buy ur self somthing nice to wear in a size smaller! it dosent need to be expensive just somthing u relly like! hang it up in a place ur goin 2 c it all the time i.e kitchen so u look at it b4 u hit the fridge i find it helps and if any1 askes y its sitting there just say ive just washed it :D haha and keep picturing ur self in it :D u will do it then :D

I am exactly the same, when i dont have the dicipline of work i def find it harder to be good!!!

I think if you can get yourself to your meeting thats great cause your facing it head on but if not dont beat yourself up just draw a line todays a new day!!!

As for your upcoming holidays, i know its hard, all i can say is try and stay focused maybe allow yourself a treat night say on a saturday so it gives you something to be good during the week for.

hope i have helped a bit!!

xxxx

thanks everyone. i have decided to go to wi tonight, as i am hoping that it wont be as bad as i think it is. i just feel that i have let everyone down by not continuing with the healthy eating plan throughout. i need to get over this and just continue. i had a good day yesterday and am having a good day today. i am going swimming with my boys after school today and even though i dont get to do lengths (boys are 2 and 6) i do do aerobic type exercise throughout.

Well done for going to your class tonight - it's far easier to stay back on track when you're back in the folds of the class!!

I always find if you expect the worst then you can only be pleased if it's any different - that's how i deal with it anyway!

I agree with what everyone else has written, don't be so hard on yourself! Yeah you had a little slip up, but who doesn't? Learn from it, move on and carry on with the good work you were doing :) Congratulations on the silver 7 btw x

thanks

and it was more than a slip up ;)
i blame "breakaways" one of my favourites, but i have been good in that i have resisted one of my favourite choccie bars which are "wispas". and i havent had any dark choccie for ages. i am the type that cant just have one, once a week. i would need to eat it everyday.:D:D

tara youve done so well so far. very brave of you to face the music and go to class - puts you a notch above all those who bottle out and in the end never go back!!! enjoy your swim later :) x

Ahh the wispas! They are out to get us! Why is it they always bring them back when you're trying to be good?! x

Thanks for helping me make the right decision. and in the end it wasnt good but it wasnt as bad as it could of been, if that makes sense.

i put on 1 1/2lbs, but i have moved on from that now and i am trying very hard.

thanks everyone.
x

it's a work colleagues birthday today and she has brought in fresh cream victorian sponge, please send me good resistance vibes. ha ha ha

Back