I broke the bed, twice

rowanx2

Losing the baby fat
before I lost weight I broke the bed :eek: twice!
i got into bed and i just sunk with a jolt and then slowly started sinking, my husband was like get off the bed and i couldnt move as everytime i did i sunk further down.
it was like osmehting off a comedy show.
My dad strengthened the beams underneath and put extra ones in, he said it was because they were cheaply made:rolleyes:

i also broke the settee by plonking myself down and we heard the spring go, i had to use thick cardboard underneath to hold the seat up with.

I laugh now, but why wasnt that enough at the time to make me change my ways???

have you ever done similar??

I broke a toilet seat ... fortunately this means it wasn't in public - unfortunately, I had to fess up to hubby so he could fit the new one we had to go out and buy.

Hearing a loud 'crack' coming from something you sit on is the sound every overweight person dreads. :eek:

I broke a table once when I was about 15, at the local fair, I sat on it and it went crack and split, OMG, I cant believe I told you that!!

I sat on a plastic chair in a garden at a barbeeque (sp?) and I thought "mmm something doesn't feel right"...then I realised....the legs were sinking....the more I stuggled to get up, the more it sank, what made it worse was that I had wriggled to get my arse in it in the first pace! Total humiliation as first they had to heave me out of the chair....and then dig the chair out of the lawn....haven't sat in a plastic chair since :eek:)

Oh my god, I am laughing so much right now! I broke the sofa once :eek: But I never 'fessed up :p I am feeling so embarrassed at telling you this :eek:

I'm on a roll now!!!
I was given a cheap exercise bike once...used it a couple of times...went on it the 3rd time, wondered why the handle bars were getting further away.....the metal pole that the saddle sits on was bending under my weight:eek::eek::eek:....at least I was in the comfort of my own home!!!

The really embarrassing thing about my toilet seat incident was that I heard it 'crack' realised what happened and, when I got up to investigate, nipped my fat a*se in the newly formed split.:eek:

Now, that's the bit I DIDN'T confess to hubby! :eek:

(of course, the loo seat had probably been left outside and gone brittle ... could've happened to anyone!)

The really embarrassing thing about my toilet seat incident was that I heard it 'crack' realised what happened and, when I got up to investigate, nipped my fat a*se in the newly formed split.:eek:

Now, that's the bit I DIDN'T confess to hubby! :eek:

(of course, the loo seat had probably been left outside and gone brittle ... could've happened to anyone!)

PMSL, RD!!:D

I once sat on an antique chair in front of a bunch of Italian workmen (in Italy, funnily enough!) and it fell to pieces as if made of plywood....

And even more EMBARRASSING.... on holiday once when I was young free and single I broke a bed in a hotel in Turkey while getting down and dirty with a holiday romance - got such a shock we staggered into the french windows and broke them too! (He was a big guy .....:eek: )

Oh - and a cautionary tale - I once had a case for a 15.5 stone bloke who injured himself breaking a BATH!!! We lost the case as apparently he was unreasonably overweight!!!! I think of that every time I lower my substantial backside into our plasticky crappy wee bath and it groans and creaks under my weight ...:eek::eek::eek: "Relax in the bath" - moi? Not easy!

Oh my,
I am so PROUD of you all for fessing up to this, that took GUTS! I imagine you were all mortified at the time, but it is wonderful you can look back and laugh upon it now, isn't it? You's have come so far...

I honestly do not have anything that I ever broke, except maybe a few guys hearts when I got married! Seriously that's all I can come up with.

Something rather embarrassing happened to me once in the car:eek: I didn't break anything of course, or maybe only my pride :rolleyes:

I was sitting in a car with BF, and when I came out of the car, it made a horrible noise as if a huge weight had been lifted :eek: Well, there was a huge weight (me) but even so...:eek:

Now, whenever I come out of a car, I panick at the idea of making the car creak :eek:

But of course, cars stay outside all the time in the rain and in the heat so of course the suspension was rusted :p

Back