I broke the bed, twice

This thread has made me laugh so much :D When I was about 14 I went on a tyre swing and the rope snapped leaving me sitting on my a*se in the mud. It's so much worse when you're a kid!!! (cries)

BUT that actually was outside and in the rain! I'm not surprised it fell apart!

*Edit* By the way I can't remember if I broke it or not but I too have nipped my bum in the crack of a toilet seat and it flippin hurts!

just remembered an incident when i was really young, and i SWEAR the water side is pure coincedence!!!
but I must have been around 6/7 and it was swimming and we had to sit on the side with our feet on the bar and do a sitting down dive, well the end of the bar wasnt in the hook it was dangling--- so i do my dive first and when i come up for air everyone is laughing as the bar snapped!!! the swimming teacher said infront of EVERYONE that i should go on a diet, and the fact is it was because it wasnt hooked in the hook !!! anyone else would have broken it too.
Bit sad for me really remembering that - well thats that demon out the way now!

lol at this thread, but it has a stomach groan as an undercurrent. I too have caught my ar+e in a cracked loo seat! Did I break it? Maybe, but it is near water....
I also knelt on a pub chair. With a load crack the thing collapsed in the middle. Don't know who was the most embarassed, the other customers or me!:eek:

I broke the bed at my parents holiday home..... twice....:eek::eek::eek: Oh the shame of it...... was asleep at the time and was woken by a creaking/cracking sound and the bed gave way my side.....:eek::eek: - the window was open so I guess rain could have come in (although it was 90 degrees in Spain in August....:rolleyes:)..... my dad duly fixed it and then about 5 years later I broke it again....oh the double shame.... made me cry with embarressment that time..... in fact they had to get a new bed... which is on little metal leg things....mmmm really careful getting on it these days....:sigh:

I also remember the 2nd time I met OH mum I sat on her sofa and it collapsed... I was only around 12 stone at the time - still thought I was fat and was well ashamed..... mind you it was a crappy wooden cottage style one..... plus his mum's a biggish lady so she must of weakened it....right...;)

I also absolutely hate sitting on them white plastic chairs.... and they are just everwhere on holidays....!!

PMSL! Mich thats fab - breaking future mother in law's sofa...:D

But I have to say its a tie between RD nipping her bum in the crack and the bending exercise bike..! :D:eek::D:eek::D

Come on guys, don't be embarrassed, we won't tell anyone :rolleyes: - 'fess up!

PMSL! Mich thats fab - breaking future mother in law's sofa...:D

But I have to say its a tie between RD nipping her bum in the crack and the bending exercise bike..! :D:eek::D:eek::D

Come on guys, don't be embarrassed, we won't tell anyone :rolleyes: - 'fess up!

Thanks Mrs Pink....!!! We celebrate 14 years of marriage this year so don't think it put her off me..... my god it's a good job I ain't sitting on it these days at over 18 stone.....lol:eek: Anyway, she's about 4'11'' and the same wide so she's no room to be telling me off........;) Maybe she'd had it out in the garden.... in the wet......;):rotflmao:

BTW Mrs Pink.... you got one of them scottish accents?????

Err - yes! But I sound NOTHING LIKE Sean Connery (unless I've been on the vodka and smoked 40 fags) - honest!

:rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: everytime I break something it will be well its been out in the rain and got brittle and weak .....

i remember when i lived at my bfs mams house.. we had a metal frame bed.. and to be fair.. it was boiling hot summer.. and it was a hot room.. (LOL).. but i was on the bed.. then michael (who isnt really that much overweight.. or wasnt at the time.. lol) knelt on it.. and it just bend.. like.. a metal bed bent.. LMAO.. i laugh when i think about it.. so technically it wasnt me who broke the bed.. it was him.. and i told him that if he told his mam i was on the bed too.. i would finish him.. shes so small.. and skinny.. and urrrrgh..
x x

sbaotauging
.a new form of preservation?.. resulting in the structure collapsing due to the change in molecular composition

Gosh this is good for the soul:p

Years ago I was in a pub garden with a 'slimmer' friend and we were sat opposite each other on a picnic table (the type with the bench type seat attached) I got up to get the drinks in....couple of steps away I heard a scream....turned around and my 'slimmer' friend was lying on her back with the table on her!
I rushed back to help her...and within earshot of everyone she said
" You shouldn't have got up....your weight was keeping the table down"!!!
Suddenly all eyes were on me:eek:!!!!
Looking back she was masking her embarrasment by blaming me....however....I got over it pretty quickly beause at least I didn't show the world my fanny:D!
X

i always get dead nervous on pub benches.. cos some arent screwed down.. so if i was sitting opposite a skinny friend.. id be on the ground.. stuck in the seat..
x x x

Lol, this thread is great! I dont have a furniture related breakage, but i split my trousers once. It was so embarrasing. I was in my bedroom with a new boyf, and i was bending down to pick something up, and i just heard this huge rip!!! It was so loud, and he was standing about a metre away from me, so he deff heard it!!! Ugh!!

Back