I can do this!

nyssa88

Silver Member
Hi everyone, I've been lurking around for a while as I've been trying to follow s&s successfully for the past few months but just haven't been able to get past day 4.

I started off at 17st 7 a few years back and i got down to 13st7 by eating healthy and going gym every single day, I had no commitments back then and lived alone which made it a lot easier. I maintained that weight for a while had a baby and in jan last year I started s&s at 13st12 I got down to 11st3 in around 10 weeks and felt fantastic! I stupidly took a break didn't refeed etc and ended up putting quite a bit back on going up to 12st11.

I feel rubbish about myself now and am just constantly gaining, a food replacement diet is the on,y thing that will work for me right now, I've tried to eat low calories for the past few days but if theres crisp or chocolate or anything I like in the house I literally won't stop eating untill its gone, I'm to embarrassed to tell my partner about it as I am embarrassed about the weight I've gained even tho he was with me when I was at my biggest.

I've been reading a lot of your diaries and your losses and journeys have been amazing and have really motivated me to get going, I know that if I follow this 100% I could be in the 9 stone bracket in 3 months, I followed the plan to the letter last time didn't cheat once and I didnt struggle so I do know I can do this.

There's no crap in the house as I devoured it all a few days ago so don't see no reason why I can't start tomorrow, I have all my packs, mushrooms, tuna, eggs etc.

My partner may suggest we go out for lunch tomorrow, even though it will be day 1 I won't have any as a lot of these situations will arise over the next few months so I can't keep putting it off.

Sorry for the long post and am looking forward to tomorrow now :)

Good luck with it, I'm exactly the same, as soon as I deviate even slightly I binge for the next week ?
Managed to lose a stone last year then came off plan overnight and put it all back on an then some! Been trying to SS since January but have only managed a couple of days at at time, but have started fresh and am at the end of day 3 no cheats so am positive that if I stick with it I can reach goal (-2 stone) in the next 10 weeks in time for summer!
Avoiding social occasions is really tough, especially if people don't know what diet you're on (I don't tell everyone they tend to judge the lack of food) so generally use the upset tummy excuse and just have a coffee! Good luck stay motivated and you'll be at goal before you know
It x

Good luck with it, I'm exactly the same, as soon as I deviate even slightly I binge for the next week ?
Managed to lose a stone last year then came off plan overnight and put it all back on an then some! Been trying to SS since January but have only managed a couple of days at at time, but have started fresh and am at the end of day 3 no cheats so am positive that if I stick with it I can reach goal (-2 stone) in the next 10 weeks in time for summer!
Avoiding social occasions is really tough, especially if people don't know what diet you're on (I don't tell everyone they tend to judge the lack of food) so generally use the upset tummy excuse and just have a coffee! Good luck stay motivated and you'll be at goal before you know
It x

Thank you and yes I'm exactly the same one bag of crisp or chocolate turns into multiple bags lasting days!

Well done on getting to day 3 that's when I start to struggle but am determined to do it this time and I'm sure you will get to goal in 10 weeks.

Luckily for me I don't have many social occasions as anywhere I go is main,y with my daughter at the moment and my partner but my few friends do know about the diet from last time and they are fine with it.

I'm sure il be on here a lot now especially over the first week when I struggle but I so desperately want complete a full week and see a nice loss x

I think day 3/4 are the hardest, then after that it definately gets easier.
Yeah I've found coming in here as seeing how well others are doing incredibly motivating, makes me realise that it can be done, a really what's a few months of resisting junk food when it means you can be happy healthy and confident
It's good that your friends are supportive, having supportive people around you is half the battle!
Good luck with your first week I'm sure you'll breeze it jut keep thinking thin summers nearly here!
YOU CAN DO IT ?????

Hi zeke thank you for asking although I ended up starting today instead.

I have weighed in at 12st13.2lbs which is a few lbs more than I thought I was.

I'm actually looking forward to no food for the next few days :)

Thank you, I'm normally fine up to day 3 that's when I struggle, I've only had a bar so far today and some of my milk allowance for coffees.

I have a doctors appointment at 4 and was going to bring up my weight struggles and ask about xenical, I know that there's not really fat in the packs but I think taking them untill am safely a few weeks in would stop me from straying due to the nasty side effects of them.

I went doctors today as have a chest infection but I also discussed my weight, told her my history etc and she has advised me not to follow another vlcd, she didn't say anything bad about it just that I should lose the weight slowly by eating more healthily and more exercise, I know that what she says makes sense as I lost 4stone with diet and exercise and kept it off but lost 3 with a vlcd and gained 2 back, she wants to see me again in 3 weeks just to see how am doing weight loss wise. It's soo much easier said then done but with my repeated starts at s&s and failing I'm only gaining weight and not losing so really unsure what to do at the moment

Have decided to carry on with s&s I didn't start it yesterday but actually weighed in at 1lb less which was nice so my starting weight is 12st12, I bought a nice top from next yesterday in a size 12 and 14 as I really liked it and will be something to aim to fit into.

Back