I cannot believe I have wasted syns on...

tara40

Loves Norman Reedus
2 x Kingsmill pancakes. I thought that they would be 2 - 2.5 each at the most but they are a whopping 3.5 each :eek:

Okies....take it they've already gone down lol!

Why don't you bump up your veg & water intake to day to compensate and maybe's do a little exercise such as take the dog out or go for a walk? That way you should still get a loss especially if you incorporate that 7 Syns in to your Syns allowance?

And don't be so hard on yourself. Now you know for next time to leave those pancakes on the shelf...;)

thats what your daily syns are for!!! and you've still got upto 8 syns left.
did you enjoy them?
Savour the taste and get on with your day
7 syns is not going to damage your day or week unless you let it!

Oh come on 3.5 syns is hardly the end of the world - you had 2 more syns than you thought you had which is 40 calories so can we have a bit of perspective please :)

Oh come on 3.5 syns is hardly the end of the world - you had 2 more syns than you thought you had which is 40 calories so can we have a bit of perspective please :)

I know, but we haven't got the boys from 6 - 10pm this evening, so we were going to have a nice chinese and lovely bottle of wine. I will have to be more careful as to what i have tonight. Might have a flexible syn night and give myself an extra 20 syns, that will be more than enough.

I know, but we haven't got the boys from 6 - 10pm this evening, so we were going to have a nice chinese and lovely bottle of wine. I will have to be more careful as to what i have tonight. Might have a flexible syn night and give myself an extra 20 syns, that will be more than enough.

Why? Youve had 7 syns, 2 more than you intended. Like Patchwprk said it's 40 calories. 2 syns is less than a quarter of a glass of wine! It really isn't going to break the bank. You'd have to do that every day for 87.5 days even to out a pound on! :confused:

Please don't see it as a waste, you wanted them, I hope you enjoyed them and as others have said, that's what the syns are for. In my first week I have a 4 course chinese banquet with wine for my anniversary, it came out at a whopping 80+ syns, and I lost 5.5lb. You had a yummy snack, and are now equipped with the knowledge of their syns so you can choose better/not feel bad next time!

I thought this was one of those threads where people add on what they 'cannot believe I have wasted syns on...' similar to the 'don't you just love it when....' thread. Didn't expect everyone to be having a moan at Tara40, lol. She was only commenting that she had wasted the syns, when she could have had them for something else.

Anyways....that's just me :rolleyes: lol x x

I cannot believe that I wasted syns on....

...a bag of onion rings (they are mega mega mounts of syns) :mad: lol x

I thought this was one of those threads where people add on what they 'cannot believe I have wasted syns on...' similar to the 'don't you just love it when....' thread. Didn't expect everyone to be having a moan at Tara40, lol. She was only commenting that she had wasted the syns, when she could have had them for something else.

That's a good idea. Add on your wasted syns.

I don't care about being moaned at, moan away. It is my opinion that I wasted these syns and I need to be more aware of what I eat. Yes they were nice, but not worth 7 syns for me, which is the point that I was trying to make.

I don't think anyone was actually having a moan, people were just offering support and their view on the topic, which, if I posted a topic about something similar, that would be the response I'd expect. Let's all play nicely now :)

And for the record I've eaten like a pig today, damn mince pies! I'd make the 3.5 syn ones off the slimming world website but it makes 32, and that would sooooo not end well for me :D

If I made 32 they would be singing to me, and it would be beautiful hahahahaha

Can I ask how you put your half stone award on your signature? I got mine yesterday and I WANT one! Also, I got a certificate at my group, but should I have got a shiny sticker too? I'm like a magpie ooooh it's shiny :D

When out shopping for pre packed goods, just look at the nutritional label at the calories per item. 1 syn = 20 calories so no guess work needed and no shocks when you get home. If you are useless at maths just take the first two numbers of the calories and halve it. Eg if something is 220 calories, the first two numbers are 22 half that is 11 Total 11 syns Voila

Brightonrosie said:
When out shopping for pre packed goods, just look at the nutritional label at the calories per item. 1 syn = 20 calories so no guess work needed and no shocks when you get home. If you are useless at maths just take the first two numbers of the calories and halve it. Eg if something is 220 calories, the first two numbers are 22 half that is 11 Total 11 syns Voila

This only works if there is no free food allowance :)

A non Asda wholemeal pita bread yesterday I assumed would be an Extra B, only to later find out its as much as 7 syns:cry:

Back