I can't believe this is free!!!

stacey did you speak to your C about the 1tbsp?

stacey did you speak to your C about the 1tbsp?
Just came on to ask the same question Laurie, great minds hey. Want to make sure its ok before i buy it and eat it all as i love egg mayo. Please be completey free :sign0009: lol. xxx

Free food is free food (or syn free food i mean) and i ate 2 tubs last wk on my star week and lost 1.5lb :) - it was lovley on 3 jacket potatoes :)

Asda Good for You, Egg Mayonnaise Deli Filler, chilled 2 level tbsp

red.gif
Original 2 Syns
green.gif
Green 2 Syns

This is what I find a little confusing. Egg is of course the main ingredient of this. When you put the 250g tub through the syn calculator with "Egg" as a free allowance it comes out as free :confused:

Wow, how can they get away with charging £1.80 a tub? I got the same offer in my local sainsbury and it was £1.29 a tub! Mind you that meant you only saved 8p on the 2 for £2.50 offer!!

I tried some for my lunch when I got home and I seem to be on my own in thinking it's pretty insipid and tasteless.

Just popped into Sainsburys this morning and they have an offer on of buy two pots for £2.50 (normally £1.80 a pot). Don't know if it's in all stores at the moment, but anyone in Bristol might want to head to Clifton shopping centre.
Mind you that's a lot of egg mayo to get through....ooo dang I'm just going to have to throw myself on that hand grenade ;)

it does indeed come out as free with egg as a free ingredient. i think that means that it must be free... that's how you would otherwise calculate it...

abz xx

Wow, how can they get away with charging £1.80 a tub? I got the same offer in my local sainsbury and it was £1.29 a tub! Mind you that meant you only saved 8p on the 2 for £2.50 offer!!

I think Sainsbury's in Clifton make up their own rules (it's the posh part of Bristol). They also delight in pumping out doughnut smell onto the train station where I pass through everyday.

Sorry you don't like it though, for me it's reinvented green days.

Ive just bought two tubs...gonna have mine with a jacket potato and salad for tea:D

What about if you made your own for a fraction of the cost? If you used the same 15% mayo mixed with yogurt, would it still be free......if not why not ? lol

Back