I can't help it....

Pelepeg

...and it's really starting to pee me off. I keep picking. I start each day full of resolve that I will be good, but then something slips into my mouth. I'm kicking myself. I know I'm not eating enough to stop weightloss but I must be slowing it. And I need good losses to keep me motivated.

Help me please?! :copon:

I know what you mean, I find it very hard too.

But the last 2 days I have been very good don't get me wrong I would love to but just don't!! I have been drinking more water to try and stop the hunger pangs before they come.

Good luck with it.

if i get tempted i just think do i really want to go through day 1-3 again??? I dont think so. LOL.

Dont beat yourself up just DO IT!

:whoopass:

What do you want more; to be slim or to pick at food????

If you really dont think you can do a tfr how about speaking to your chemist and seeing if you can just do 2 shakes a day and a balanced meal (no carbs!!!!!!!!!)

Im not sure whether this will be allowed but maybe it will help resolve your issue of 'picking'

Picking at food was one of my bad habits before LT and now I can recognise when and why I used to do it. This is obviously one of your downfalls too. Whenever I feel like eating I just glug back some more water or just get away from the food and think about why I really want and need to lose the weight.

You can do this diet, you know you can! Stick to it and stop that picking!

Thanks everyone.
I know I do have a 'picking' problem. I'm certainly not hungry when I do it. And as for drinking more water, well I always have a glass with me and I drink an average of 5l a day so I don't really want to glug more!
Luckily I won't really suffer doing days 1-3 again. I only had a bit of a headache and that was a diet coke caffeine withdrawal. I haven't had any of that so won't get the headache again.
I need a pocket electric shocker - or maybe hypnosis. Can anyone suggest anything else?
Thanks again
P. :(

Being on this diet has really highlighted to me how much I have been picking - all those uncounted calories - it's really scary.
Such a hard habit to break though so don't beat yourself up about it hun.
Just remember why you are doing this diet and try to stay focussed.
Good luck! x

The only thing that worked for me was to keep busy when I had a craving for food. I cleaned, walked, soaked in the bath, anything, but dont just sit there and dwell on your thoughts of food, just keep active and it helps with a little exercise too. Good luck.

Kered - my trouble isn't craving food or being hungry. That's why I'm so annoyed with myself. And I am keeping busy. I'm not going into the kitchen specifically to get it, I pick at bits whilst I'm making the kids lunch, or feeding the baby dinner etc.

I need a good shaking. :copon:

Its all down to breaking the bad habits hun. When I was cooking for my OH, I would automatically go to lick my finger, or taste the beef in the stew etc etc, once I got that sorted in my brain I was okay, but it did take a few weeks. I had to keep reminding myself when I was cooking that I couldnt taste it. Little things like licking your fingers after crumbling an oxo cube into a pan did it for me, so I washed my hands immediately.

Its all down to breaking the bad habits hun. When I was cooking for my OH, I would automatically go to lick my finger, or taste the beef in the stew etc etc, once I got that sorted in my brain I was okay, but it did take a few weeks. I had to keep reminding myself when I was cooking that I couldnt taste it. Little things like licking your fingers after crumbling an oxo cube into a pan did it for me, so I washed my hands immediately.

Right that's it. I'll obsess with hand washing instead!
Tonight I'm going to bed and tomorrow is another day!
Night all and thanks.
P. :cool:

You are sooo not alone. I've only started doing this in the last few days. Like you- it's not cravings, I don't be hungry- it's just like it's there, and suddenly it's in my mouth!! Just little bits here & there- but this last 3 mornings my ketostix have been negative. Not good. :cry::cry::cry:I'm due to start a re-feed week tomorrow, so maybe the week 'off' TFR will help me re-set my motivation? I was so hoping to get my first stone off before I did my re-feed week, but I'm not sure if I'll have the 3lbs off this week? If I don't it's totally my own fault, but it doesn't make it easier to bear?:mad:
I have water at my hand at ALL times too, I need to deal with the kids stuff- I need to get them things they like but I hate, I need to get rid of their leftovers immediately (give them less at first to avoid the liklihood of them in the first place!). I know what I need to do- I just need to do it!:eek:
Maybe if I start brushing my teeth and washing my hands when I'm tempted.....

I found this so hard the first few weeks especially when feeding my little ones, now after 5 weeks I cringe when I accidently lick my fingers lol It does get easier I just picture my new self and my old self everytime I feel like popping something in my mouth. Nothing will taste different or not be around at the end of LT and just think how much better it will all taste then :) I also split my morning shake in 2 so I have half in the morning and then half while I feed the kids, that helps me :) Good Luck x

I might have to start splitting my shakes....?

Duct-tape over your gob. That should do it if all else fails........Just poke a hole big enough to fit a straw through so you can carry on drinking..........JOKE! (Or maybe quite a good idea!!!!)

Duct-tape over your gob. That should do it if all else fails........Just poke a hole big enough to fit a straw through so you can carry on drinking..........JOKE! (Or maybe quite a good idea!!!!)
PMSL!! It may come to that!! Hmm....;)

You need to be strong and learn to say No as when u come off the diet u WILL put the weight back on. Only u r puttin the food in and only u can stop puttin the food in. Just sip water, take urself away from the food and think before u eat about y ur doin the diet. If u really wanna reach ur goal u wont cheat!
Im not sayin its easy as I no its not, I sat next to my son while he was eatin a donut yesterday, i thought no-one will no if i have a bit (whilst drooling) but then thought to myself that its only me i am cheatin, i will know if i eat!!!
Tackle ur eatin habbits now and think about y and wen u wanna eat, i no mine was because i didnt drink yesterday as i ran out of fizzy water, so i have learned to keep stocked up!!!!
use this time to learn y u eat how u do so that wen u r at ur goal, there is less chance of re-gaining the weight! Good luck xxx

Back