goose

Gold Member
not a good week for me. + 3lbs

Massve binge over 3 days

not recommeded :( I have never had such painful stomuch cramps ever

me and food are a messed up relationship

I have alot of thinking to do. Alot.

I will battle these demons

I am back 100% on this, to get to goal and to give me time to think about how to help me manage my 'relationship' with food

I have worked TOO hard to pile all this weight back on - that would sure make the inlaws smug. they've hinted I'll put it all back on

I CAN'T put it back on. I WON'T! I feel too good now to want to go back.

oh god help me please.

why? why do we have such issues. sob sob. I will get through this.

Hi Goose,

I can relate to your relationship with food,
I was a BIG comfort eater , however I have realised that I have to deal with my emotions like an adult , and not turn to food to make things better.
As we all know this diet is not in any shape or form easy.
Yet we let ourselves slip back into that dark space.
You have done so well and in regards to your family saying you will put it back on!!
Well my motto is , let your haters become your motivators .
Only you can fight your inner demons and once you have , your fight with food will no longer become an issue.
It's about taking back some self control .
I hope I have helped in some way.
I really do feel for you , as I can relate to your struggles.
Chin up and tomorrow is another day.
Regards
Miss Piggy 123

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

thankyou miss piggu for taking the time to reply. I know there are a lot of us out there with these demons and I do think its such a complex issue. To make myself feel better ive had a long shower, put some make up on and put my size 10 skinny jeans on to remind me I want to always be able to get into them.

Yesterday i felt so dirty and yucky inside, today i feel a bit cleaner and better inside and i know eating crap food makes me feel crap yet we still do. I, having my chocolate shake made up hot now, I feel better and in control now. Maybe and I hope this week has been a blessing in disguise and helps me adress my issues with food before they get out of control again.

xx

Big hugs to you Goose. :bighug:

I have had a tough day today and it took every ounce of willpower I had not to cave in and have Christmas dinner. And it wasn't the healthy vegetables I was wanting it was all the unhealthy stuff I really wanted to have! Now that it's all over I feel great and so glad that I didn't but it's shown me that despite being on LT 100% for 110 days and counting my relationship with food has got a long long way to go yet. I hope we both get there!

Thanks busy mum,

I read your daughter was unwell, hope she is better. Well done for not caving in, we know its not worth caving in, Im sitting here typing this and my stomuch is still clenching in knots insie, painful, eating was not worth all this agro I am suffering now, It has been a physical and mental lesson I hae learnt, lets hope I dont forget it!

I often wonder why cant nature have made all the bad unhealthy stuff we crave for good for us!!? it makes sense to to! hehe! if only hey. I think our jourmeys are not just about getting to target weight but the challenge which is just as big if not bigger is maintaining so I think me and minimins will be defoo having a long term relationship! I will probably have a maintance diary onceI get to goal, hopefully to keep me on track, question is whre do i have it lol?!?! Been uhming on ahing if shld have in on LT or Slimminh world a thats where I plan to head of after here....

well done busy mum, really proud of u and thanlks for the hugs. they always make me feel better xx

Wow Busy Mum,

Well done .
Over one hundred days and 100%
You deserve a medal!!!
And well done Goose for picking yourself up.
That's half the battle.
Regards
Miss Piggy

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I wish there was some help for us who have issues with food. Yes this diet makes you go cold turkey, and while on the shakes it's like being in rehab....but what is there to stop us from going back out there and doing what we've always done?! I have seen too many people say that this is their 2nd/3rd/4th time on LT...so I really wish I could say for sure at the end of this that I won't go back to my old ways. Right now I don't want to, but what will stop me?!

Hi FTF

I'm hoping some hypnotherapy will help. I had some success with a gastric band hypnotherapy. My friend is a hypnotherapist and it did really work for me. Thinking about how much food I could fit in my stomach that had 'shrunk'. Only shrunk in my head but it did really help with portion control. I struggled because it seemed a bridge too far to be slimming down which would have taken me years, and I couldn't cope well with it. I'm hoping because I won't have the physical baggage to carry around I will be wanting to maintain and not do the bingeing thing. I am also learning to cope with stress without food as I'm a comfort eater. Had many situations that I would have just resorted to food while doing this. Food is not the answer anymore. Food is fuel for your body, not a comfort. Face problems head on so I don't resort to food to medicate.

My tuppence

Kay x x x

Yes I am a big comfort eater too, and there has been many a time the last few weeks where I would usually have stuffed my face, but obviously didn't. At the moment I know I am not allowed, so I don't, but once I am allowed food I am worried about how I will react. Hopefully I will have only healthy things available to me and not a cupboard full of chocolate!

It's a tough one for sure. Hopefully developing new strategies to cope with situations to prevent the comfort eating along the way. LT gives you time to look inside your own head. Scary but necessary lol

Back