I caved in today

PennyJane

It's my daughter's birthday. We'd been out all day shopping and haven't seen her all week as her and her sister have been at their dad's. We then decided to go to the cinema. It was a conscious decision and not one made lightly but I did have a few handfulls of Revels.

Will miss my shake tonight as a consequence but just couldn't resist earlier.

Feel a little guilty but hope that tomorrow I can carry on as I have for the last week and a bit!

Nooo!

:slap:

LOL. God knows, I've done it. :rolleyes: But have that last shake. You need the vitamins and minerals in it - and great though Minstrels are, I haven't read anywhere that they're particularly nutritious...:D :D

Put it behind you, just keep going. It may not put you back as much as you think. Don't let it set you off on a full blown binge.

Yeah, definitely think you should still have your shake. If you get really hungry you are in danger of eating something else.

Don't give yourself a hard time though
K x

You NEED to have the shake for the vits and minerals, but also the protein or it stops being an anti-catabolic diet, and you run risk of affecting your lean tissue.

DRINK IT!

A few handfulls on my daughter's birthday isn't a major catastrophy though, is it? I mean, I've read posts, and several of them, where people have done a real binge.

I'm not going to give myself a hard time and really don't feel the need for anything else let alone my shake. Do I really have to drink it????

The difference between a vlcd and a diet where your body goes into starvation mode is that on CD you get all your vitamins and minerals from having 3 packs. So by only having 2 regardless of eating other food you're not getting all your vits and minerals.

Hey Penny.
Dont beat yourself up about it. Its done. you enjoyed you had fun with your daughter.. Tomorrow is another day. have your shake dont feel bad about it. .and carry on as normal tomorrow!!
We are only human and sometimes do what we do and thats that... dont feel bad about it.
Stay motivated your doing fab x

The difference between a vlcd and a diet where your body goes into starvation mode is that on CD you get all your vitamins and minerals from having 3 packs. So by only having 2 regardless of eating other food you're not getting all your vits and minerals.
My CDC told me this too, so make sure you have all your CD meals even if you've cheated.

And it wasn't really much of a cheat! ;) In my first few weeks, I had two bits of birthday cake at a party (was assaulted and threatened by the elderly cake-bakers! :eek:) and I still lost weight - not quite so much, that was all. :eek:

Hi, I do something like this although at the moment I am over my target and dealing with it!

For times like this I do 800 cals during the week and 1200 at the weekends.

But the main thing for low cal diets is that the protein must be above 50g a day otherwise your body starts to effectively eat its own muscle and this can have a bad effect on the heart muscle. I did have some papers on it but binned them in a clear out a while ago.

Everyone focusses on the vitamins and mineral but a good vitamin will give you most of those, its the protein you need to watch.

It's one of the reasons people don't tend to market VLCD's that they've devised themselves. Even CD has moved up on a few programmes to above 800 cals where technically it can drop the V!

I look forward to seeing what you come up with, the details of the vitamins and minerals would drive me nuts - I'm really not patient enough!
The protein requirement is what I mean by anticatabolic,

SEE for MiniMins.com - Weight Loss Support Forum - View Single Post - VLCD menu based dietlink to original post.

Back