I cracked and got drunk yesterday......

October

And just in case anyone out there is considering it, it is soooo not worth it!

I managed to stick to my diet at a party in the face of chips and endless cupcakes. Then I decided to reward myself with a (relatively sensible) couple of gin and slimlines......this turned into 4, then I followed it up with 4 champagnes........

And it seems that what I've read on here is true - it's a very bad idea when you're not eating any carbs! I was ill last night when I got home, and have been barely able to function all day today (luckily was not working)

And whilst I've managed not to break the diet officially, I've eaten far too much yoghurt, chicken etc etc in an effort to settle my stomach and cheer myself up!

Sigh. What a way to start off the week!

So please ladies, learn from my mistakes and don't go there.......

Well I guess it is a lesson learned. I haven't had a drink in a long time and after reading all the posts on here I wasn't keen to again, ever. I started conso a week and a half ago and I have my first very small glass of wine with my gala meal and I found the first two sips went straight to my head. Cheap date or what!

Im seeing a friend next week and its the norm to catch up over some bottles of red!!! but really dont think I will want to ruin the hard work Im putting in this week!!!
x

Great testimony and advice October... and I expect you came out of ketosis and will have to suffer getting back in too!

I am STILL feeling somewhat rubbish 2 days later. Also made the mistake of weighing myself tonight and seem to have gained a lot - hopefully just because I normally weigh in the morning. urgghhhhh.

So please don't do it ladies. It has quite ruined my resolve!

The weird thing is, it actually didn't go straight to my head at the time at all - I was barely drunk on the gin & tonics (or no more than usual anyway) I was expecting to be quite affected so therefore my faulty logic was that I was fine.

I'm a bit 'all or nothing' so feel like this was a big mess up. And am away at friends' for the weekend, so not quite as much chance to make up for it as a usual week......

Thanks for posting this! I have a few family events coming up, birthdays, weekend away at nice hotel (dinner included...) and have been trying to work out what I will do. I had pretty much come to the conclusion that I really shouldn't drink - don't want to mess up my losses and next phase of the plan, but this has been the final nudge in that direction that I needed!

So sorry to hear you are still feeling ropey though.

argh I wish I'd read this last night and not caved and had a kit kat AND toast.
Yes toast.
Gee it was not work it.. I slept really badly, woke up feeling AWFUL and now have a headache as I guess it's my new 'Day 1' and gee I can't wait to have some salad! x

Back