I decided im gonna become a CDC!

dinkymonkey

cambridge counsellor
After some thought ive decided im gonna take the steps to become a CDC.

ive spoke to my CDC and she is getting the forms for me to go on the course on 04 July in corby.:eek:

Im excited but really nervious as im quite shy when it comes to groups of strangers.

Can anyone who has been to the training day let me know wat is is like and is there anyone else who is going to be training on the same day as well. it would be nice to be able meet up with someone on the day.

Hi dinkymonkey! My cdc gave me the application forms and info to read through a few days ago as I would also like to become a CDC. The next course nearest to me is in august in cardiff so I will be attending that and by that time should also be down to my target weight and bmi.

I, like you, am quite shy, especially in group situations but as i'm losing the weight, I'm growing in confidence so it will hopefully be fine on the day.

Good luck and I hope your application is sucessful! :)

Hiya,

Training day is full of vital information about the company, which you should know as a counsellor, and about the whole counsellor development. Dont worry, its not as hard as you think because of the fact that you have used the diet yourself.

Only problem most people face is getting to Corby in time, as training day starts 9.00am and you would need to make your way there by then.... so you gotta wake up early!!!

Anyway, ask your counsellor for more info on the training day and they should be able to tell you much more details.

Good Luck!!

Ooh, just remebered. There's s 'sticky' called, 'so you want to be a cdc'. Have you had a read through of that? It will probably give you an insight of what being a cdc entails etc. x :)

How much does it cost to become a CDC?

Hi Dinkymonkey, great decision and I'm sure you'll love it, both the course and being a CDC. I found when I went on the course and on an advanced training day recently that everyone was so friendly and chatty. I got talking to two ladies over coffee first thing and we all sat together all day & exchanged emails at the end of the day. I also met up with Broadpaws from this site and am in touch with her still too.

All the best, you'll be fine :)

Miss Piggy I was at Crawley too, in fact I am sure I sat chattng to you at the last break, moaning about my early start !! I had to drive from Derby which meant leaving here at just after 5am, and got back at 8pm, but it was so worth it. I have sent my "exams" back and just waiting for the phone call now !!! Its definitely worth it.

Silly question, but I have to ask...do they serve a buffet at the training day or a selection of shakes/soups?

Just can't imagine being in a room of VLCDers and eating !!!

they serve a lovely, healthy buffet lunch, but they also provide shakes/bars if you are SSing, so something for everyone :)

I know its not the most important thing but is the money any good? When I live with my boyfriend I would need to bring in around 20,000 per annum. Would I make anything near that? xxxx

i think you should discuss that with your own CDC, 1-2-1, ( i dont think its right to answer that here) and they should be able to give you more details....

Back