I did it ,,,,,finally,, joined!!

juliebags

Silver Member
Well after lots of debating whether to go online or not,,, i decided to be brave and rejoin my local group again , terrified, i could feel my anxiety rising up and a hot flush about to strike,,,,,,panic over, my old consultant remembered me, she was very kind, and said she would convieniently not draw attention to me on my first week , until i was abit more confident , this really put me at ease, so i have come home armed with as many books i could afford to buy !!! I shall start tommorrow!!! Not a cop out but already had tea planned for today and a bottle of wine chilling, joining this morning was an after thought having syked myself up , i am going to spend the evening planning next few days meals,,,, i have got such along way to go ,,, so baby steps !!

woohoooooooooooooo! what a huge achievement! Congrats. And so good that your C understands and is helpful.

Enjoy your night, good luck for your journey - see you around the boards lovely!
xx

Thank you soo much, so i have planned tommorrows day how does this sound;
HEA, 350ml skimmed milk
HEB, hi fi bar
Breakfast, blueberries, raspberries, greek muller youghurt (0.5)syns
Lunch, tesco medittereanian couscous(1.5 syn), tomato, cucumber, celery, spring onion, 8 olives(1.5syns), apple , satsuma
Dinner, gammon steak, egg, mushrooms tinned tomato, homade hashbrown(grated potato and onion)
This sounds quite allot, and still got syns left ???

Welcome, Julie! You've definitely come to the right place for friendship, support, recipe ideas and fun!! :D Good luck! Your menu looks fine to me but don't forget to treat yourself too, with your spare Syns!

Kathy x

Thank you soo much, so i have planned tommorrows day how does this sound;
HEA, 350ml skimmed milk
HEB, hi fi bar
Breakfast, blueberries, raspberries, greek muller youghurt (0.5)syns
Lunch, tesco medittereanian couscous(1.5 syn), tomato, cucumber, celery, spring onion, 8 olives(1.5syns), apple , satsuma
Dinner, gammon steak, egg, mushrooms tinned tomato, homade hashbrown(grated potato and onion)
This sounds quite allot, and still got syns left ???
s
looks great to me, but dont forget to have your syns! or bank them up and have a bigger treat another day. But use them in some shape or form!

I was hoping to save a few extr syns for the weekend, is that ok does everyone do that ??? Think i would rather have a nice bottle of wine and nice roast ( as i cook for all the family on a sunday ) they would never forgive me if they didn't have proper homemade gravy and all the trimming ,,, lol,, i can give up a yorkshire, and dry roast my spuds (full fat for them of course) ,, but gravy ,,,, it'll have to be synned!!!!
This is going to be an exciting week for me !!

Welcome back xxx

Well done for joining. I know exactly how you felt going back. I joined myself again 2 weeks ago after putting a lot of weight back on. I felt sick going in but my consultant remembered me and was also great. I'm sure they see many people who leave and come back. Hope you have a good first week :)

Well done for joining!

As for the saving up/banking syns, our consultant asks us not to do that and to use flexisyns instead, so if you want to have a big 'blow-out' you just estimate/count how many syns you think you'll need then set yourself a higher limit, e.g. 70 syns, then you just count up to that how you would normally do it :)

Well done for joining, Julie! I still feel a bit anxious in my group, and I've been going for a month - but my consultant is very good and doesn't make me speak very much, as she can obviously tell! Sounds like yours is a lovely one too :)

Back