I did it - I joined online!

Sydney_Cat

It was expensive but I decided to take the plunge and invest in myself. The site is fab and I have yet to look at all it has to offer. I started yesterday and so far I am on track. I didn't cheat or feel the need to cheat at all and today is so far so good! I am looking forward to chatting on here for contact with real people as the slimming world site doesn't have a forum facility.

Happy New Year Everyone

Sydney_Cat

Welcome along hun! Ive been meaning to joing the SW online site for ages and never have, the thought of parting with a chunk of money like that puts me off lol. May just take the plunge in January, new year new start an all that!

Well done from a fellow on-line member! I hope it all works out really well for you x

Congratulations Sydney_cat. It was the BEST £60 (or whatever it cost - I can't remember now !) that I have spent in a very long time. I still can't believe how far I've got now :)

Keep posting here though - it really helps to keep you focused and motivated which you don't necessarily get at home as much.

Good luck.

Gail x

:happy096: and:welcome:.

This is a really good place to be. It has kept me on track and been a major contributor to my 65 lbs weight loss.

Does joining online mean any discount for going to the group? What are the advantages/disadvantages of both?! Sorry - just have been thinking of the online option but think that the walk to the group would be a good thing!!!

If you are going to group, you don't need to join online - you have access to everything that you would through the online subscription. By joining online you only have access to the website and the prompt to weigh in every week. If you want to go to group, you would need to pay again. It's for people who really don't want to go to group, or can't because of work commitments or not having a group near by.

Gail x

Ah ok, thank you .... I wasn't sure if there were any additional benefits!!! I think the group would be best for me - more motivation, you kinda have to do it when you're standing on the scales inforntof someoen every week!! x

Well done Sydney-Cat!!!

I too have been considering signing up online so its nice to hear you are enjoying it! It just seems expensive though....are all the cookbooks/ syns directory/ free foods books available to buy online once you join?

Cmon Sarah-Jayne, lets JUST DO IT!!! ( because we are worth it!!!)

It was expensive but I decided to take the plunge and invest in myself. The site is fab and I have yet to look at all it has to offer. I started yesterday and so far I am on track. I didn't cheat or feel the need to cheat at all and today is so far so good! I am looking forward to chatting on here for contact with real people as the slimming world site doesn't have a forum facility.

Happy New Year Everyone

Sydney_Cat

Well done on joining hun :)
it is expensive but so worth it xxx

Hi LessofLou,

Yes, once you have joined online you can buy all the books online and the directories. The directories are pretty new - make sure you get the 2011 one (green). I have a directory at home which I find useful but if I'm near a computer sometimes it's easier to look it up online. The only thing you can't buy online is HiFi bars :-(. But if you like that kind of thing (and I really do !) then try Alpen lights (yummy and you get 2 for a HexB) or Weetabix Oaty bars or Kellogs Fibre plus bars.

I absolutely love SW online - even if I don't use it that much (sometimes I do, sometimes I don't) I love the fact that any time I want to look up how well I've done, I can see it there (with all my shiny stickers :D) and am answerable to 'something' every week. But I'm doing it for myself which is what keeps me going :D. Even though I know the plan now, I wouldn't consider letting my membership lapse for now.

Good luck.

Gail x

thanks gl, that has made my mind up once and for all!! Just had a quick look and im going to weigh myself tomorrow at Boots (as I threw my scales out) and get signed up!

Last time I thought I would join just to get all the books etc and when I got there the consultant didnt stock only - she would only order them as required...so that was pretty much a none starter!!

I really dont enjoy the classes, the go round and clapping, the raffle, the piece of fruit (apple) for slimmer of the week etc etc so Im definitly going to get signed up!! I have so much to lose there is no time to waste!

Thanks again!!

Good luck. Keep us posted. Looking forward to hearing your news.

Gail x

Back