I did it! I survived the first two weeks of low carbing!

zozo85

Just thought i'd share! When i started two weeks ago, i found myself trawling this website looking for the easy way out and not believing anybody when they said it got easier!

However, I stuck with it, and it really did get easier...and now I am 12 pounds lighter! :D

So for all those struggling or having a down day, there really is hope and it really DOES work, and you do stop craving the rubbishy things!

Wow thats a humungous loss- well done you!

Can I ask what kind of things you ate day to day? I am trying to go lower carb whilst calorie counting and am after new ideas :)

I'm doing my own twist to low carbing and have found it quite interesting. I'm basically doing an Atkins/VLCD mix with 1 or 2 VLCD packs a day for the super amounts of nutrients and then 1 or 2 (pending the pack numbers) meaty snacks/meals with some salad thrown in. It's basically a way for me to eat, get the nutrients I need and keep the calories bordering on VLCD level (easily under 1000 a day). The first few days where tough and I was still a little hungry from time to time until day 6 but now tbh I could easily not eat a thing I'm not hungry at all :p

Food wise i've just been living on meat with a bit of salad, Bacon and Beef burgers with cheese wrapped in lettuce, Sausages with some mayo, Steaks (NOM NOM), and chicken wrapped bacon with a cheese and mushroom sauce (Tesco's simply cook range i think its called). I've been to the supermarket today and bought all sorts, pork chops, minted lamb, Salami and Bourson to go together as I used to love this in a french roll, Some stilton to go with the steaks, some chicken chunks in a packet to pick at if I need to and some turnips to turn into chips.

As a treat last night I made up a great tip I saw on this forum, melted some 90% dark chocolate whisked in some double cream and crushed sweetner tablets then put it in the fridge. Came out just like chocolate genache that you put on top of cakes is very yummy and while the calories are reasonably high its a great treat if you can stop yourself eating a tonne of it :p

I know that was a bit of a ramble but I hope some of it helps :p Oh and I lost 11lbs in my first week of doing this

So are you having 1 or two packs (roughly looking at around 450) then a 500 cal low carb meal?
11... That's awesome

Pretty much, sometimes less calories I'd say between 200-450 I also snack on a sausage or some chicken chunks etc. Sometimes I only have 1 pack and a low carb lunch of about 200-300 and take a multi vitamin just to make sure.

Back