i did it....now to management. uhoh.

What an absolute inspiration you are :)

Well done, You have done and are doing amazingly well!

Iv got to subscribe so I can follow your footsteps (hopefully soon!) xx

My pleasure! I really do mean it though you are doing so well and have really helped to motivate me. I love reading about how your doing on rtm, gives me some guidance for when I get there.

Yeah I'm doing well, am 1 pound away from losing 3 stone so that's positive. Doing lots of exercise and hoping for some big losses. Have lots of exiting things happening this year so losing the weight will just add to that.

Why was your LLC disappointed? Are you supposed to stop losing now and maintain? I bet it's hard to up your calories when you have been so used to having so little. Have you found this part or the actual plan harder?

Tess, almost 3 stone is AMAZING. Well done. How much do you want to lose in total? You sound like you have a great year coming up....your wedding! Ahhhhh.
Skinny love, hi, thanks so much for your comment. Your stats are fab. Are you on management now?

Today was first day of week 6.
I ate,
Porridge pack
Salad (beetroot, onion and spinach. I LOVE it) with cottage cheese.
Yogurt (Muller light coconut that I put in the freezer)
Apple
Stir fry with eggs
Mango (delish)
Have had such a busy day, working all morning (was supposed to be off) then gym (massive session) coffee with mum, massage (am 'treating' my body and got ******* voucher!) Then took my sisters kids swimming and for tea.
So didn't eat dinner till 8. Just put calories on my fitness pal and is only 928. Aiming for 1100 this week so going to have a Greek yogurt in bed. Want to increase cals by 100 every week so metabolism gets used to it.

London tomorrow. So excited. Shopping, house party and seeing my sister.....
With

Try and only drink sat night as last to,me made my tummy feel horrid.

So today is Sunday, week 6 day 4.
Have had lovely weekend in London.
Yesterday went for coffee with my friend, then vintage shopping with my sister, then OUT.
Bought LOTS, lovely lovely things that all FIT beautifully. So happy with them all.
And wore a beautiful dress out last night. Saw a friend I hadn't seen in ages and she said I was 'tiny'. Have never been called tiny in my life.
Also, my dad said I was getting too skinny....is it wrong that I found that the biggest compliment ever?!

Yesterday I ate,
Porridge pack
Crab salad with betroot and spinach
Yogurt
Prawn stirfry
2 apples
3 glasses champagne (AMAZING). I say champagne I mean, coop's cheapest sparkling wine!

Today I saw another friend (who has just text me to say how good I looked) and spent time with my sister.
Had another crab salad (new found love I think) and going to go to tescos to make a picnic for the train. (A yogurt, fruit, cut up veg and hummous I think).

This week have been sticking to 1100 calories a day and is going well.
Week 7 I will add another 100 cals.

I was very silly last night.
Had a bad day at work, was feeling anxious about my to do list but not actually doing anything about it, just worrying about how much I had to do.
So I spent all night (didn't sleep till 1) worrying that I had put on weight. Could not silence the cahtterbox about this and was sure I would wake up 4 stone heavier again.
When I weighed myself this morning I am still 9.5. And realise how silly I was. On the positive side, I a, so proud of myself for not eating. Anxiety has always been a thing for me, and I have always EATEN/BINGED to solve the problem.
Last night I didn't so that is a real breakthrough.

I got up and wrote a long to do list that will complete today.
However, I did let my chatterbox ruin my night by going one to the dozen about how I had put on weight, I even felt my arms and could 'feel, the extra fat on them.
I think this was because 1. I had a bad day at work, 2. Anxious feeling, 3. Had eaten 1112 calories (which I had PLANNED to eat but is the most calories I have eaten since January), 4.I had planned to go to the gym but didn't have time.

So.....to solve this. I will
Complete my to do list today. This will make me feel less anxious.
Go to the gym this evening.
Read my beck response cards
Give ,myself lots of credit today for NOT eating last night. I DID AMAZING.
Realise that I need to start eating more, that show rtm works.

Today I have planned to have:
Porridge pack
Cottage cheese, spinach, beetroot, onion
Carrot sticks and tziaki dip
Yogurt and apple cut up
Stir fry and quorn
Mango.

That should be 1100 calories about.

You're continuing to inspire Fenny! I love reading your thought process... We're similar in a way, anxiety is SUCH a major trigger for bingeing.

It's weird what our brain does to us! We "feel" fatter just because we'd had a few extra calories? Lol, how silly. Our mental and emotional well-being are such a powerful forces - they can make or break us.. You did so well resetting it to the good side, positively writing a to-do list! I'm sticking to 'to-do' lists at the moment too so that I feel like I've done something every day as I'm on the job hunt after Uni. :) It can get very depressing without a job/something to study - HATE it!

x

Hi Minerva, how are you?
I know, anxiety is a b***h! It is the emotion I feel most. But at least I am recognising it four what it is now. Ll has definitely taught me to be more self aware and to think about WHY I am feeling things.
So I'm now in week 7.....
My last week in packs, am not nervous about this actually, v keen to get back to normal food.
I have been eating
Porridge pack
Tuna egg salad
Fruit
Fish and veg
Yogurt

I have found that amount if food 'enough' tho am still lower on calories than I would like, still 1200 this week....

I have still been anxious about my job but have spoken to my manager and thought of some ways to deal with it.
I am also applying for other jobs. And I think I'm ready to do child protection social work (am a qualified social worker but never felt ready so have been working in charities on youth and family projects).

Still gymimng 3 times a week, (enthusiasm has waned a little!) But my mum goes with me so I'd quite fun. Also, you forget how much more positive exercise makes you feel.

So week 7 coming to an end.....
And..... I had CARBS (a bit of rice in my tuna salad one day and some cous cous salad this evening). It was gorge, didn't make me binge and I didn't (so far!) Gain a stone in water weight!
Tomorrow is weigh day, fingers crossed.
And then Thursday start week 8. Final week. Going to cut out last pack and have ACTUAL porridge instead. Can't wait. And then I will be ll free....hopefully forever. Well, I am deciding now, its FOREVER. I am done with ll. It has done me well. I can't say I enjoyed it (at times it felt like a never ending battle) but it worked, so well, and I'm so grateful.
So tomorrow and wed I will have my last 2 porridge packs.
But on Thursday I will have (1300 calories as am still upping this gradually, by 100 a week)
Porridge (made with water I think)
Fruit
Cottage cheese salad with beetroot and onion
Yogurt
Protein and hot veg (stir fry or roasted veg)
Fruit
Jelly

I can also have a pack of snack a jacks/cut up carrots if hungry.

I'm ready.

I am applying for a new job, as pastoral manager in a college (emotional support for pupils). I think I would love this and fingers crossed I have the experience and qualification (am a qualified social worker).
Have applied for 4 this evening and closing dates are this week so should know v soon.
Am v proud of self for being so proactive about this and not putting my head in the sand....which is (or USED to be) my standard response to all my worries.
Food is going well, today is last of my 1200 week....tomorrow is 1300. Woooooo. That extra 100 makes all the difference!
Had my REAL porridge this morning which was glorious, then salad, snack a jacks and apple for lunch, carrots as snack, quorn stir fry and yogurt for dinner. DELISH.

1300 calories today. De. Lish. ous.

Am a bit concerned that I have a new chewing gum habit, I seem to carve the first flavour but then not want to actually chew it so went through a few packs today.
I think its coping with the anxious feeling of not enjoying my job at the moment. Sugar free chewy is better than a packet of hobnobs BUT I do not want to start any addictive behaviour.
I will not allow myself any fri , sat or sun. To show I am in control.
1300 cals is enough to be a bit more satisfied so I shouldn't need extra chewy.

Today I had porridge, snack a jack and apple, salad and cottage cheese (am totes cottage cheese fiend. Never ate it before ll but now obsessed), tuna nicoise salad, banana 'ice cream' (home made) and a fruit salad.

I like to keep my meal calories quite low because I love to snack. Think almost half of my total calories goes on snacks.

Am away in a lovely hotel in Leeds this weekend. Has a pool and gym. Have also decided to start 30DS.....as of tomorrow. I love Jillian and I think I need a new goal to work towards. This will be perfect for a month.

Have applied for a few more jobs so am keeping fingers crossed that I'll at least get an interview.
Also bought some new shies today (amazing. Topshop sale.) They are heeled, I never used to wear heels but now I feel confident have decided they will be my new thing (she says, until she realises she can't walk-in them).

......want to get back to doing my 3 achievements of today. Makes me feel positive:
1. Met a lovely volunteer who is going to work for our charity. I trained her up today and went very well. I am a lot more knowledgeable on disability policy than I think.
2. Got some of my to do list done. Ticked off. Felt good.
3. Was v good with planning food- took packed lunch to work and had dinner ready for when I got home.

So I had a lovely weekend away. Spa hotel was amazing.....food was AMAZING.
3 course dinners, buffet lunch, buffet breakfasts, cookies and cakes every hour.
And you know what? I did good. I made sensible choices, I had salad and fish and fruit and other delicious things.
I didn't have any sweet things because I didn't WANT them. Everyday I want to make choices that keep me at goal, that keep me this happy and looking like this.
I went to the gym twice while there and weighed this morning.....lost a pound.

This week am still trying to do 1300 calories which is quite a lot of food when planned correctly. Thursday I will go up to 1400.
I have been enjoying the food porridge, salads, cottage cheese, fruit, fish, all different veg, yogurt.
This week is rather horrid work wise but have a lovely free weekend (first in ages) so taking my sisters kids out all day Sunday and going out sat eve. Will aim for gym 3 times.....

Met with a personal trainer yesterday and have booked in for a weekly session. Going to have 1 a week until Christmas (not that long. Ahhhhh) and reassess from there.
So excited. She really knew what she was talking about and seems really fun.

Today am going shopping with my sister (visiting from London. Lovely) then working and then dinner with whole family at my mums.
Going to spend an hour or so this eve doing more applications for jobs. I HATE mine. I have given it a chance, 3 months, and I still hate it.
Went for run yesterday, managed 40 mins so was so proud of self. Will do 30DS this morning.
Gym tomorrow, swim Friday, gym Sunday.

Eating still going well. Last day of 1300....1400 tomorrow. So will see if still can maintain on that.

Day 3 of 30DS done. 20 mins is so much better than a full exercise video...I dread it less so more likely to keep it up. Also I love Jillian. She is totes motivational "don't phone in to your life. Be there". Wise words Jill!

Eating still good. Still only having carbs for breakfast which I think I will have to do forever, it is a lifestyle choice.
Still no sweets either which I am trying to do, as still worried they will trigger me. And I really don't miss them. Mangos and coconut Muller lights are sweet enough.

Weight still steady. Am still weighing each day which I think I need to do....,a lot can go wrong in a week! However I do fluctuate a pound some days and am still letting the chatterbox get me with this (uhoh you've put on weight, this will be the start of it again, a pound on today, probably another tomorrow). I need to silence the little monkey!

Wrote longest post and got deleted. Grrrr. So this will be short.
All good. Loads happened quit job. Feel so relieved and happy.
Got interview Friday and starting pub job tonight so should be OK money wise.
Food going well. More relaxed, 1500 calories. 9stone4 this morning. Woooooooo.

Am struggling with this a bit at the moment. Doing LL I got so used to getting g on the scales and seeing s loss, and people noticing, getting compliments etc....and now I'm just trying to maintain I don't have a goal.
I think my chatterbox is trying to get me to eat less so I am still losing. I'm supposed to be on 1500 a day but trying not to eat over 1200 or feel disappointed in self. This is ridiculous as am sure I could maintain on 1700. So with this diet I am trying to lose weight.
I think its because I have never maintained before. I have spoken to my mum about it and she thinks I need a goal to focus on so she and I are making gym goals instead.
Had a lovely family BBQ yesterday and I had a lovely time but was still so strict with myself food wise- fish and veg.
I need to be happy trying to maintain (but even now writing this I'm thinking "but if would easily lose 4 pounds by my friends wedding in Augusts").

Job update: had interview on Friday for a school pastoral job that I want SO MUCH. They are letting us know on Monday.
Have another interview for autism activities worker.
Have applied for 2 others which sound brilliant.
Got a part time job in pub to tide me over (ish) money wise.

Have finally changed stats on MFP to 'maintain' and says I can be on 1900. So I'm trying. I guess I'm just scared I'll downward spiral into 58 pound gain! And I don't feel like I'm trying hard unless I'm depriving myself. That's weird. I need to eat at least 1700. Or I will ruin my metabolism and eat low cal forever.
Am seeing personal trainer tomorrow and will train with her once a week, gym twice and swim once. I think having a more structured exercise plan will make me feel like I'm allowed to eat more.
All these years of dieting have really messed with my head! But when I think about it I have lost about 3 or 4 stone twice a year for about 7 years. That's a lot of weight to lose and gain so quickly.
Have tried every diet under the sun....weight watchers 3 times (all success, I love that diet), cabbage soup, grapefruit, Atkins, LL.
I really do feel like something has changed this time- that I won't and can't do it to myself again. I deserve more. I deserve to be happy and for me being happy is feeling good about myself at a certain weight. Very shallow I know.

Met with personal trainer yesterday. Was so fun. I felt like a kardashian!!
Meeting once a week for as long as funds let me. Gives me a goal and motivation so worth the money. My mum is going to join me when she can.
Food good yesterday. Sooooo hot that I find myself wanting salads etc so all good (but also ice creams).

Busy day today (as busy as you can be without a job) going with my niece to her end of term church service and picnic then picking nephew up from nursery and to the park. Then working at pub this evening.
Tomorrow LOTS of job apps and to do list jobs. And swimming.
Sunday gym and pub work.

Gorgeous summers day again and am feeling v good today. Was weigh in this morning g and stayed the same so happy with that.

Hi Fenny.

I have just sat down and read your posts / diary and must say i admire you and well done on your journey. I have an appointment next week with a LLC as I would like to follow the plan.
I did a similar plan two years ago and lost 5 stone, but I didn't finish it to get to goal or follow a maintenance plan, so the last two years I've gone back to some of my old ways and making myself miserable in the process! Gained two stone back but recently loosing 7 of that on another conventional diet, but I've never actually tackled my issues that has got me there in the first place as I have struggled most of my life and I'm like a yo yo!! So here I am psyching myself up for my meeting and hope I can do as we'll as you.

Hi fifee.
Thanks so much for lovely comment.
It sounds like LL will be brilliant for you. I think it really helped me to take food out of the equation completely. My whole time and life has been spent obsessing over food so LL was actually quite freeing.
You will be fan. Start a diary, it really helps to be accountable and I would love to read your progress.

So this weekend......
All my family have gone away (I am doing 2 pub shifts so meeting them in Somerset on Monday). But has felt very weird without them. I am so used to their support....
Yesterday I ate 1700 calories. The most I have eaten since December. I don't feel bad eating this many but I think I ate in white an uncontrolled way. I was not hungry but trying to feel better. Dangerous territory.

Back