I did it! WOO!

LightRaven

What doesn't kill me.....
So today is laundry day.. and all my good pants are being washed.. which are basically my 14/16 knit pants that really aren't a 14 or a 16. I slip on a pair of 18/20 knit pants which when I bought them, were a little big, but do-able, but when I put them on today it was like :eek: I look like I'm wearing a tent.

I was only bumming it out today, but it was really bothering me. You'd think I would feel great that my pants were too big to be seen out in public, but I felt retarded and uncomfortable because it was obvious that these pants were way to damn big.

So, even though money is tight this month... I go out and decide to find out if I am a true size 18... in a real slack/trouser type pants. NOT KNIT! (See mini goals below) I walked into the DEB shop, which I know has cheap pants.. and lo and behold.. size 18 fit. BUT, I didn't buy them. I have a long torso, and so they didn't button where I would have liked my pants to button. :8855:

So I went to Lane Byrant to see what they had. Let me tell you.. if you guys have this store over there... boycott them. I have always worn Lane Bryant clothes... and while they could be pricy at times, if you went in during one of their big sales, and you happen to have one of their nice coupons.. you could make out like a bandit. But ever since the economy has gone to poo.. they've been raising their prices! I used to pay $30-$40 for a pair of pants. Now.. for the same pants.. they want close to $60.

I wasn't about to drop $60 on one pair of pants.. let alone a pair that might not fit in a few months! So I ran over to Fashion Bug and found some pants at a reasonable price.

Although they did change their sizing,... from 14, 16, etc... to 2,3,4,5... I originally grabbed a 7 after using their measuring tape really quick.. and when I put the pants on.. they fell right off :8855: So I grabbed a bunch of sizes.. and found I was a 3... so I'm assuming that's a 18...?anyways... they are a little snug,, but I could breathe and sit... so in a few weeks.. they should be really nice :)

Mini goal #2 accomplished!!! :bunnydance:

LR

Well done LR! It's great when we can get into the next size, I'm getting inbetween at the mo which is a tad annoying (my size 16 a bit big, but my 14 a bit tight!), but in another couple of weeks I'll be there.

Well done LR you seem very pleased...and rightly so:D

Mel x

Well done, it's great when you can fit in smaller sizes!!!:D

I have to confess, when I started reading your post I thought you were writing about knickers - then I twigged that you must be American and meant trousers!:8855:

Well done, it's great when you can fit in smaller sizes!!!:D

I have to confess, when I started reading your post I thought you were writing about knickers - then I twigged that you must be American and meant trousers!:8855:

I call em 'pants' and I am definitely not American....although I would love to go there one day:D:D

Mel x

LOL! I am from the States. I know there are lots of things that we say differently.. I just didn't know pants where one of them!

LR

Back